Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 2 months ago

fhjA7_R9MAE

a full hour interview w Srk

Edited by Maroonporsche - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

It may happen that he also can buy the rights of his Dharma movies (if Karan's financial problems persist). I think, it's a good business thinking when he talks about a 'testament' (with the multiple meanings of this word) and he knows a director/producer needs money for his creative work.

Clochette thumbnail

Didn't you love the way Kajol shouts "Kaaaaliiii" at the climax?

I love almost the whole movie and find it what is the opposite of a favourite IF-word: underrated.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

watch A red carpet interview

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

It may happen that he also can buy the rights of his Dharma movies (if Karan's financial problems persist). I think, it's a good business thinking when he talks about a 'testament' (with the multiple meanings of this word) and he knows a director/producer needs money for his creative work.

I would be in favor of that. SRK gets to take back his brand and keep it in his hands which seems important to him. I trust SRK with his legacy more than KJo with it. At the same time, it can come across as a magnanimous gesture like SRK is doing a favor for an old friend.

I assumed Bhansali had the rights for Devdas and if that was the case, I'm surprised he sold. Maybe he needed funding for his next film, considering it's got such an expensive cast that doesn't have much of a track record with selling lots of tickets.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

Didn't you love the way Kajol shouts "Kaaaaliiii" at the climax?

I love almost the whole movie and find it what is the opposite of a favourite IF-word: underrated.

Honestly, I remember very little of it now. I enjoyed it when it came out but it's one of those movies that you walk out of and only later do you realize it doesn't hold up. At least for me anyway.

I can't even remember what Kajol's character is named now that I think about it. That's why when SRK mentioned Kali in that interview, I really did a double take and had to Google it to figure out which character this is.

Dilwale was the rare occasion where we opted to watch Bajirao Mastani on opening night first, instead of Dilwale, which never happens in my household otherwise. Whenever his films clash with another film, we've always seen the SRK starrer first (like OSO vs Saawariya) but this was the one exception.

Clochette thumbnail
hotchoco thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

I would be in favor of that. SRK gets to take back his brand and keep it in his hands which seems important to him. I trust SRK with his legacy more than KJo with it. At the same time, it can come across as a magnanimous gesture like SRK is doing a favor for an old friend.

I assumed Bhansali had the rights for Devdas and if that was the case, I'm surprised he sold. Maybe he needed funding for his next film, considering it's got such an expensive cast that doesn't have much of a track record with selling lots of tickets.

No, I think Eros must have had the rights, not Bhansali. Eros went bankrupt so he was probably able to buy Devdas from them.

I remember him saying he buys his flops because nobody sells him his old hits. I doubt KJo would either since they are still the main moneymakers for Dharma on streaming.