Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 2 months ago

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

That was such a good interview.....he is definitely the best orator in town......no one even comes close...smiley27

I loved how he made fun of his own looks and called himself ugly...smiley36

Of course ....from tomorrow....his haters will start taking out one or two comments out of context and make articles and threads out of it....when one does a one plus hour of interview and that also live....one or two sentences might come out a bit wrong....so who cares.....himmat honi chahiye live interview karne ki....smiley2smiley36....not rehearsed interviews smiley36

He praised the South industry and stars to the skies...

BTW that painting from DDLJ done by the Italian girl was so good.....I thought it was pic....but it was a painting....smiley3smiley32

Will post later on topic, but BI ji, you called it a painting from DDLJ ???? smiley3smiley7smiley18 It’s K3G. smiley28

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

smiley36 smiley36 smiley36 (plus my four words)

https://x.com/moviemanblogger/status/1823036565062398113

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

SRK in Locarno Q & A about his drive (replying to someone from the audience)

..."I think contentement is overrated, I think you need to be dissatisfied, you need to always be questioning yourself...that does not mean you go and become anxious but you need to always be dissatisfied as a creative person. So I don't get satisfied ever, I don't think that I've achieved anything, I don't think that there is...you know, it's over and done with and I'm successful...it's all irrelevant. What is relevant is can I do something new tomorrow again. I keep asking myself 'When was the last time I did something for the first time?'and I keep wanting to answer that 'Oh, it was just day before yeterday' or 'That was just now'..." ..... "I believe that what I've done today it's the firt day I'm doing it. What I've done yesterday is over and done with. When my movie get over, I take a 2-hour bath. After that I don't think about the success and the failure, I'm on to the next one. If I can't move onto the next one I think I rust and will finish off. And I will say to all youngsters 'Please do not rest on your laurels'."

That reminds me of something Anand L. Rai said in an interview with Faridoon about SRK after the failure of Zero, that already a week later ShahRukh looked for the next movie and that it would be an action movie.

Clochette thumbnail

SRK in Locarno Q & A about his movies (replying to someone in the audience)

"Many of times people say 'You should be do more meaningful cinema...it should stand for something...it should'. I think my cinema stands for everything for somebody because it should have a little bit of happiness, it should have a little bit...a gamut of colours, it should have everything for someone to take away in a given audience. I don't want my cinema to be a statement, I want it to be a testament of life in its beauty, good and bad. So sometimes it is a testament about right things, sometimes it's about curruption, sometimes it's about bad thing, sometimes it's about love. But it need not just be a statement and we think it's a purpose. All these things confine you, compartmentalize you. I like to keep it open."

What I've noticed through social media is that far too many people tend to compartmentalize...I also like to keep it open - as much as I can...

Edited by Clochette - 2 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

SRK in Locarno Q & A about his roles (replying to someone in the audience)

"I'll be honest, because it's very important for me and it's at variance with lot of really wonderful actors how I think about acting. I truly believe when I'm doing a role - if it is a Rahul or a Raj or a Devdas or a Kali - I have to not believe in the character. I know a lot of actors take this very seriously, they get disturbed when I say this. I don't believe in the character, it's not important for me to believe in the character. It's important for me to make you believe in the character. So, a lot of people when I finish a role they say 'Has it changed your life?'. No. This is what I do, this is my job, this is what I was trained to do, this is an jot of talent that God has given me to do and it's not changing my life. ... So, I don't change [as a person], I only do roles which I feel that I feel for. I try to not make it a hero type, I try to bring in some nuances - of people that I've met. ... So, I use nuances from things that have affected me but no character has impacted me, changed my life completely, no, unfortunately or maybe it will later."

I like his honesty smiley27 Interestingly, I sometimes see in his portray of a character when he himself has to play something he doesn't feel the character would/should do.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

https://variety.com/2024/film/asia/shah-rukh-khan-devdas-locarno-1236103880/

Very interesting. He bought the rights to Devdas so it'll fall under his production company. Guess this means we can expect it on Netflix soon.

I'm ecstatic about this because my DVD copy is worn out and the image quality has not held up.

He also says Devdas is one of his favorite films.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Clochette

SRK in Locarno Q & A about his roles (replying to someone in the audience)

"I'll be honest, because it's very important for me and it's at variance with lot of really wonderful actors how I think about acting. I truly believe when I'm doing a role - if it is a Rahul or a Raj or a Devdas or a Kali - I have to not believe in the character. I know a lot of actors take this very seriously, they get disturbed when I say this. I don't believe in the character, it's not important for me to believe in the character. It's important for me to make you believe in the character. So, a lot of people when I finish a role they say 'Has it changed your life?'. No. This is what I do, this is my job, this is what I was trained to do, this is an jot of talent that God has given me to do and it's not changing my life. ... So, I don't change [as a person], I only do roles which I feel that I feel for. I try to not make it a hero type, I try to bring in some nuances - of people that I've met. ... So, I use nuances from things that have affected me but no character has impacted me, changed my life completely, no, unfortunately or maybe it will later."

I like his honesty smiley27 Interestingly, I sometimes see in his portray of a character when he himself has to play something he doesn't feel the character would/should do.

I had no idea who Kali was and had to Google which role that is. Have no memory of his Dilwale character's name. Surprised he felt that character was memorable enough to name along with his staple roles. I could easily have picked two dozen movie characters of his before that.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Honoured for what ?

Honored for his signature torturous hamming ?🤔

😂

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Will post later on topic, but BI ji, you called it a painting from DDLJ ???? smiley3smiley7smiley18 It’s K3G. smiley28

arre haan..smiley38...you are right.....mujhe SRKian ki post se resign kar dena chahiye...smiley19

Remove 4 words rule.