Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Yes I do have my doubts on his ability to draw crowds as an actor. Doing larger than life roles with grand gestures and pulling crowds on those are not the same as doing a normal character thing and pulling similar crowd.

Anyways, enjoy !

Give me one example of an actor who can pull crowds on their ‘acting’ abilities?

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Give me one example of an actor who can pull crowds on their ‘acting’ abilities?

Not for you but for many others there always will be one who can do that... smiley1

e1t53e thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Clochette

Not for you but for many others there always will be one who can do that... smiley1

Don’t know what that means. I am not asking about the favorite actors. I am asking to name an actor who can pull crowds because of their ‘acting’. Numbers are not subjective my dear.

Clochette thumbnail

What kind of "crowds" do you think of? Audience in a theatre? people in public places? Audience in front of a TV screen/pc/handy screen?

Numbers are just numbers...prone to every manipulation possible...

Which country do you mean? Which filmindustry? Hindi? Indian? Western?

Maybe you could be more precise, "my dear" smiley16

elaichichai thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 2 Thumbnail

It seems some Bollywood actors fans cannot accept a reality where a South Indian actor like Prabhas may just have a bigger box office pull than their faves, hence fixated on the ironic "manipulation" which their own fave was repeatedly accused of...Fact is Prabhas is the only truly pan Indian superstar we have and his stardom extends to Indian diaspora abroad too.

simplyrdb thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

What kind of "crowds" do you think of? Audience in a theatre? people in public places? Audience in front of a TV screen/pc/handy screen?

Numbers are just numbers...prone to every manipulation possible...

Which country do you mean? Which filmindustry? Hindi? Indian? Western?

Maybe you could be more precise, "my dear" smiley16

Yeh Kya Bokwaas Hai smiley29 This Is a Box Office thread. When one talks of pulling crowds it automatically means - theatrically.

Be it any country, Hindi, Indian Or Western - "Actors" pulling crowds on their acting ability doesn't happen. That's why they are referred to as "Actors" in the first place, not Stars. Prabhas is a Star. He can be a poor actor, but that doesn't deter him from pulling crowds. The opposite - an 'actor' drawing crowds at similar levels never happens. He can do his 'actor' things and pull the crowd (imagining a best-case scenario), but, it will always be at a much lower level even if the movie eventually turns out to be a blockbuster.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Yeah when some actors tried to "act"..we saw their movies not even crossing 100 crores lifetime. They also needed a larger than life canvass and a South director no less to delivering their biggest hit of the career. Hypocrisy ki bhi seema hoti hai.

I love how rattled one particular fandom gets when Prabhas comes and sweeps it off..without even "acting" LOL.

MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Fashionista Circle

Aamir had the ability to pull the audience to theatres on acting though.smiley9 He started 100, 200, 300, 400 crore club in BW.. But he was also discredited for being a perfectionist by the same extremely secure fanssmiley9

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: simplyrdb

Yeh Kya Bokwaas Hai smiley29 This Is a Box Office thread. When one talks of pulling crowds it automatically means - theatrically.

Be it any country, Hindi, Indian Or Western - "Actors" pulling crowds on their acting ability doesn't happen. That's why they are referred to as "Actors" in the first place, not Stars. Prabhas is a Star. He can be a poor actor, but that doesn't deter him from pulling crowds. The opposite - an 'actor' drawing crowds at similar levels never happens. He can do his 'actor' things and pull the crowd (imagining a best-case scenario), but, it will always be at a much lower level even if the movie eventually turns out to be a blockbuster.

bold: I've the feeling, that you've no ideas...

...in addition, I can't relate to the hinting that an actor cannot be a star or a star not be an actor...

Reading some comments (just above), some members seem to be stuck in their limited view...

Edited by Clochette - 3 months ago
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: e1t53e

Ummm I dont get it dear. Do we have to agree on this thing ? smiley24 Let’s agree to disagree as I dont think we’d be able to get each other’s pov.

smiley14 Looking forward to see the updates ongoing basis here.