Kareena's character in Heroine

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 3 months ago

Am a sucker for showbiz movies. Loved Fashion, LBC and Page 3. Watched Heroine recently and have some strong opinions.

Kareena's character Mahi wrecked havoc in her own life

She is head over heels with a married star actor ( well separated, but still married) who is reluctant to call her his GF in public. But she is so obsessed that she literally begs for validation of the relationship. Major red flag

She would disrupt his shoot because she is jealous of his love making scenes with another actress. She would go to a party, which he asked her not to go to, to pour wine over his wife's head and thus ending the relationship ( this is a real life reference I believe, someone remind me who was the actress IRL)

She somehow manages to put this all behind and start afresh both career wise and in personal life as a star cricketer is very much interested in her. While she is still not over Aryan Khan, she would date the cricketer, make him fall in love with her only to reject his marriage proposal.

She gets a small, acting oriented film just to prove the critics that she can act and shelves all her projects. The movie is never released making her career sink lower and she still manages to get a small, female oriented film.

Aryan makes a comeback in her life after having some flings and she takes him back and has him promise she would be cast in a big budget period film with him.

When she gets another bout of anxiety attack due to thinking that she would be replaced in the movie, she fights like dogs with Aryan and goes ahead and leaks their sex tape to make the small film a hit!

What a douche move and the last straw. With one strike, she loses career, love, reputation everything!

And to think about it, all her choices were so shitty, she only had herself to blame! Aryan was a casanova but still did all he could to nail some sense into her. And the cricketer was just perfect husband material, all enamored! Mahi was a horrible GF to both of them

Rant over smiley36

There is also a douchebag star who is a skirt chaser and which I beleive is a dig at Akki.

Edited by Novarieaa - 3 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SriRani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

That character is instance of various actors and actresses real stories.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Slightly disagree. She was problematic in that film but I felt for her so many times. She was overly emotional, extra trusting of people IMO. Both her boyfriends were douchebags tbh, the first one for stringing her along when he had no plans to marry her or officially separating from his wife and the second one for pressurising her to get married, when she made it clear that she wanted to focus on her career atm, I mean what’s wrong with that? The way he insulted her and basically called her a “whore” IIRC, she wasn’t denying him marriage, she just wanted to wait, and marriage takes 2 people to give full consent,and they had been barely dating for a year. Having said that, by the end of it she just lost it due to her failed relationships and slipping career, I agree it was a d*ck move from her to release their s*x tape, that’s where she lost all my respect otherwise I was sympathising with her, since she was trying hard to thrive in a male dominated industry. Also, I didn’t like how she felt entitled to be her first boyfriend’s heroine, and ended her relationship with him again because he couldn’t agree.

Zilan thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Sci-Fi Squad

One of the maha bakwas movie