Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Her feelings did change drastically because of one dialogue

Rahul would have found many women after Tina's death who would be wearing sarees and wear good looking but he remained celibate for 8 years after her death, raising his daughter as a single father so in my opinion, there's more to do with the past he shared with Anjali than her clothes

Sexism can be called out for everyone for Anjali who put down other girls because they liked wearing shorts and make up?

For Aman who was obsessed that his Anjali has to be the most beautiful Anjali when he meets a random stranger who also happens to have an Anjali at home

Point being it was a rom-com. I don't connect my life and friends to it because dynamics I share with my friends are different from them.

I get your point but you're ignoring all the symbolism that was pushed. The clothes mattered way too much . You cannot say it was a coincidence. Even going by what you're saying , that epiphany during the game he played doesn't justify the sheer objectification of Anjali's body by Rahul. Good for him if he was celibate all those years but maybe this was his 8 year itch lol. I wasn't comparing my life to a movie, I was trying to say people don't sexualise their friends the way it's shown in the movie. Actually it's harder in real life to resist certain distractions but if your friendship is worth anything you put the person above their sexuality or appearance. This movie didn't even make an attempt to consider that . That's the problem. Well yes it's a rom com or a rom dram and it has all the failings of that genre . I'm not judging it from a 'woke ' POV...it was problematic even by the standards of the 90s in the sense that it was quite lazily put together.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

As I like so many movies SRK has starred in, I've favourites in different genres he made: for Rom-Coms it's KKHH, RNBDJ and JHMS (one of each decade smiley36, I just noticed).

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

I get your point but you're ignoring all the symbolism that was pushed. The clothes mattered way too much . You cannot say it was a coincidence. Even going by what you're saying , that epiphany during the game he played doesn't justify the sheer objectification of Anjali's body by Rahul. Good for him if he was celibate all those years but maybe this was his 8 year itch lol. I wasn't comparing my life to a movie, I was trying to say people don't sexualise their friends the way it's shown in the movie. Actually it's harder in real life to resist certain distractions but if your friendship is worth anything you put the person above their sexuality or appearance. This movie didn't even make an attempt to consider that . That's the problem. Well yes it's a rom com or a rom dram and it has all the failings of that genre . I'm not judging it from a 'woke ' POV...it was problematic even by the standards of the 90s in the sense that it was quite lazily put together.

I don't agree with it mainly because romantic love is not a platonic relationship, Rahul's type was girly-girls so was Aman's type, it is not like Aman got to see the college Anjali

Anjali loved Rahul and Aman didn't want to be with someone who loved another man so he chose to give up on Anjali

The end.

👀 since we are at impasse and it'll go on and on, I'll rest my case here.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Bekind

bold part. Right? I thought it was so weird that a 8 yr old girl would want thatsmiley5 wasn’t Rahul the one who made fun of Anjali when she dressed up for the first time with dress and make up. I get she was so much in love with Rahul but I feel script was such a big mess, she all of sudden leaves and says nothing to Rahul and break off all the contact with him. Aman was such a great guy. He even ask her future mother in law that he feels Anjali does not love him and Anjali also denies it. Why did they made aman a dustbin? He gave so much love and respect to Anjali and her mother. Anjali could had told aman that hey I still love Rahul but Rahul and Anjali are playing breaking star 💫 wish on the balconysmiley36like for real? And out of no where she just shed tears and cry on the stairs and mandit ji is saying it is getting late and she still stuck there like a glue. So much embarrassment for aman and his entire family. At the end of the movie I did not get why she did not see Aman’s love for her.

But then again I agree with members that Aman deserved better.

Btw Kajol mentioned if she had to pick aman over Rahul, she would had chosen Aman.

I can’t believe all these years later we are still discussing this dumb film smiley36 Honestly, Aman could have been the best guy in the world, but if you don’t love someone, you just don’t love them, connections can’t be forced. Anjali was in love with Rahul, so it didn’t make sense for her to get married to Aman when Rahul already confessed his feelings for her, all 3 of them wouldn’t have been happy.
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: infinity101

I can’t believe all these years later we are still discussing this dumb film smiley36 Honestly, Aman could have been the best guy in the world, but if you don’t love someone, you just don’t love them, connections can’t be forced. Anjali was in love with Rahul, so it didn’t make sense for her to get married to Aman when Rahul already confessed his feelings for her, all 3 of them wouldn’t have been happy.

I agree - except of the "dumb" smiley2

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Even Shyam Benegal and Satyajit Ray's movies don't deserve so much of indepth dissections, analysis, brain storming sessions and profound discussions.

Take a bow Karan, you are a "genius" among "others".

🤣🤣🤣

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ChanChanMan

I know Anjali and Aman are fictitious but I just have to put this out there that a lady should never marry a man she doesn't love. It is difficult to sustain a loveless marriage. I'm speaking from personal experience. That's besides the point whether she should or shouldn't have married Rahul. 👍

Yeah, getting married to someone you don’t love can make you miserable, and people often end up taking the extremes like divorce or cheating. Having said that, I guess 80% marriages in India are arranged where you don’t exactly get a partner of your choice smiley36 You just learn to live with it, but alas that’s life!
SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

I don't agree with it mainly because romantic love is not a platonic relationship, Rahul's type was girly-girls so was Aman's type, it is not like Aman got to see the college Anjali

Anjali loved Rahul and Aman didn't want to be with someone who loved another man so he chose to give up on Anjali

The end.

👀 since we are at impasse and it'll go on and on, I'll rest my case here.

You just agreed with me there 😆. Yeah so he suddenly fell for her when she fit his 'type' and to show how they dished some cheap titillation and that's what I was talking about. The second half wouldn't have worked if she was dressed in boxy hoodies ( more appropriate for the weather in Shimla) looking just as pretty or girly. The kamar shots drove the point home.

Anyway yes ,let's agree to disagree. :)

SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Even Shyam Benegal and Satyajit Ray's movies don't deserve so much of indepth dissections, analysis, brain storming sessions and profound discussions.

Take a bow Karan, you are a "genius" among "others".

🤣🤣🤣

There needs to be a Karan Studies Dept at FTII

Edited by SavitaBarbie - 4 months ago
DheeJattanDi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

This has been discussed to death. KKHH is a movie... in real life if Anjali chose Rahul she is an idiot. Bas. The people that think love is all you need in a marriage clearly have no clue 😆