Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChanChanMan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 months ago

I know Anjali and Aman are fictitious but I just have to put this out there that a lady should never marry a man she doesn't love. It is difficult to sustain a loveless marriage. I'm speaking from personal experience. That's besides the point whether she should or shouldn't have married Rahul. đź‘Ť

SavitaBarbie thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Guddu.Pandit

Please don't bash Srk for this, uska koi kasoor nahi.

Sab usi ka kasoor hai. Uske kareeb rehne ke liye KJo ne movie banai aur dekho kya kya hua.

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

The receptionist thing was meant to show him as 'charming'. And not as a flirt. Didn't age well ofcourse.

Rahul didn't fall in love with Anjali because of her naval, it was just a shift from platonic relationship to a sexual one for him

Rahul and Aman's reception scene was to show how Rahul has changed over time, college Rahul would do what Aman did

SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Come to think of it, what seemed like the sexist tropes of Anjali being a tomboy who was snubbed by her love and then later her transformation into this feminine object of his desire must have been the dynamics of Johar's personal life. He was probably referring to situations where as a gay man he was shunned by his crush but there may have been that what if where life would have been much easier had he been a woman in terms of being able to be loved and accepted by men. It sounds regressive and homophobic today but back then a lot of gay folks had such escapist fantasies. He was 25 , so I guess we should cut him some slack. I hadn't really thought of this before.

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

I agree with that...it wasn't meant in a negative way (imo, too)... Aman indeed was portrayed as a kind and charming man and not as a flirt. Nevertheless, Anjali having met Rahul again, totally changed her inclination to compromise (because a marriage with Aman would have been a submission to convention...and Salman was right to not accepting that...he did not deserve that being now also in the knowing about Anjali's feelings belonging to someone else).

What I reproach to Karan is the way he portrayed Anjali, not Rahul or Aman.

He did the same in the movie with Anushka and Ranbir. And in real life, he manipulated Alia into someone she may not have become with another 'mentor'. Imo.

Don't agree

Aman knew Anjali didn't love him, this was before Rahul's re-entry in her life. With our without Rahul's present, this relationship was doomed from the beginning as Bride didn't love the groom and groom was too self involved to actually understand that his intended is not happy

SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

Rahul didn't fall in love with Anjali because of her naval, it was just a shift from platonic relationship to a sexual one for him

Rahul and Aman's reception scene was to show how Rahul has changed over time, college Rahul would do what Aman did

Fair enough.

The shift was convenient. The moment he was able to objectify her ,I.e when she fit the stereotype of a woman he had in mind he started hitting on her. It was literally the naval, in the movie. Lol. Actually falling for somebody over time is one thing but you don't sexualise your 'best friend' just because they're wearing different clothes. If it's that superficial then your friendship and loyalty are questionable.

1169321 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SavitaBarbie

Fair enough.

The shift was convenient. The moment he was able to objectify her ,I.e when she fit the stereotype of a woman he had in mind he started hitting on her. It was literally the naval, in the movie. Lol. Actually falling for somebody over time is one thing but you don't sexualise your 'best friend' just because they're wearing different clothes. If it's that superficial then your friendship and loyalty are questionable.

It actually wasn't the naval, he was awestruck watching her dance too, it all happened in one song after little Anjali's efforts to rekindle their past friendship through basketball and at 4:00 mark, you can see he always missed Anjali. The game little Anjali played where "Anjali" in his mind was always "Sharma" was also indication of how he missed her.

https://youtu.be/oJcE_QPFAng?si=JRjtia-4PJNSiiU7

For Anjali, it took one dialogue from Rahul in the classroom to go from "Chhi" to "I love my best friend".

Even Rahul's clothes changed, do you see him wearing his COOL necklace or T-shirts post leap? People grow old and evolve, it has nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with their job, Rahul was in a corporate and Anjali was a teacher, teachers in school wear saree

Edited by NoraSM - 4 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Clochette

Well, Karan did so...he must have seen it in an old US or UK or French movie (I remember vaguely having watched this plot point already before)...any ways, it's an often used plot point that motherless kids look out for a new mother and the chosen one most often comes into the way of an already existing relationship between the dad and another woman not wished by the kid(s). smiley2 Karan just inversed the latter.

Yes, Salman is a nice guy and Anjali may have had a nice married life with him...if she hadn't met Rahul again (erspecially Rahul, the widower). And Aman, already suspecting Anjali not really being in love with him, may have got more & more flirty with other women...and one day cheating.

Kajol saying she would have chosen Aman...ha ha ha...she had married Ajay just four months after the movie released...Salman was a safe answer...

Parent Trap is one movie I know of where the girls try and get their parents back together. Yes the plot point of kids trying to manage the their father’s/mother’s love life has been used many times. However in most cases the kid or kids start on their own. In KKHH Anjali2.0 goes on a mission based on her dead mother’s request. As a plot point they’re contrived, but KJo took a step further with the dead mother angle.

Like I said before, she shouldn’t have married Aman if she didn’t love him but she shouldn’t have gotten engaged either. And Rahul falling for her after the midriff naval sari scene was 🙄🙄🙄. There’s no reason to think Aman would have cheated on Anjali had they married. It’s much more likely to think Rahul would have been a bad husband because he would have expected Anjali to be Tina. As it is he only “fell for her” after she became feminine and girly just like Tina was.

I think it was recently that Kajol said Anjali should have chooses Aman, not at the time of film release or her wedding.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Still Karan made Rahul's and Anjali's characters more prone to criticism than Aman's...Maybe he changed something to make the role more 'hero'-like.

Interestingly - and that makes me think the former - he distanced himself from the movie 20 years later (which I found strange...and also questionable).

SavitaBarbie thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoraSM

It actually wasn't the naval, he was awestruck watching her dance too, it all happened in one song and at 4:00 mark, you can see he always missed Anjali. The game little Anjali played where "Anjali" in his mind was always "Sharma" was also indication of how he missed her.

https://youtu.be/oJcE_QPFAng?si=JRjtia-4PJNSiiU7

For Anjali, it took one dialogue from Rahul in the classroom to go from "Chhi" to "I love my best friend".

Even Rahul's clothes changed, do you see him wearing his COOL necklace or T-shirts post leap? People grow old and evolve, it has nothing to do with sexism and everything to do with their job, Rahul was in a corporate and Anjali was a teacher, teachers in school wear saree

Anjali's feelings for Rahul don't change drastically just because she sees him in different attire. Whereas for him it did. That's where it's sexist. Missing her is fine but why would he suddenly sexualise her ? Would he have had the same response had she still been in pants and trainers ? Teachers don't usually dress in transparent sarees lol. The dance was extremely weird. He began his notorious neck sniffing routine which was later repeated in K3G with similar sarees. I have a close guy friend who touches me, hugs me occasionally. I have no sexual feelings for him. Tomorrow if he were to get wet in the rain in sexy clothes I might think " Hmmm he does look good doesn't he " but it wouldn't change anything between us. If he stood in speedos before me I wouldn't enjoy it, it would make me uncomfortable no matter how tempting it is ; I would look away or throw him a towel. The movie pushed two stereotypes 1) Sajna sawarna chahiye warna no takers 2) Being objectified by a man is the same as being loved by him.