Tripti is 30 - is it too late ?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 4 months ago

I had no idea she was 30. I know we’re all rooting for her to make it to the top - but given her age I’m skeptical now, especially given the shelf life of actresses in their “prime”

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I think shelf life has changed and is relatively to the other actresses that are doing well. Deepika, Kareena, Katrina, and I think even Alia, are all in their 30s with Kareena being in her 40s. Hell Tabu is killing it in her 50s. Might I say, audiences have evolved?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: desigal90

I think shelf life has changed and is relatively to the other actresses that are doing well. Deepika, Kareena, Katrina, and I think even Alia, are all in their 30s with Kareena being in her 40s. Hell Tabu is killing it in her 50s. Might I say, audiences have evolved?

This is true …. but all of these actresses also started really young. Deepika was 21 in OSO, Kareena was 20 in her debut, Alia was 19…. They’ve lived an entire life in cinema before age 30. I don’t think anyone’s career has ever taken off at age 30 in the sense of being a top actress, unless I’m forgetting someone
Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Given that we all are still obsessed with Katrina deepika kareena etc and the forum keeps discussing rani madhuri or Aishwarya smiley36 times have changed. If the script is good more people are tuning in.

Kriti peak came after 30 in last 3 year

Also one can always decrease age in Bollywood

We are in 2024......Hopefully we can take a cue from HW.....where 60 year old actresses still play the main lead.....she is so talented and pretty......I would hate to see all that go to waste just because of age.

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I don’t think age matters. Tripti joined Bollywood in 2017 when she was 23 so I’m assuming movie shooting started when she was 22. In each movie she was praised.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

She has the talent so she’ll always get off beat roles. As for mainstream roles and movies, she’s got two coming this year and one next year. If those are successful she’ll keep getting more offers. Bollywood has evolved and even marriage and kids aren’t stopping actresses anymore. Things might get in her way but it will not be her age.

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: desigal90

Was the issue really the audience or Bollywood itself? Sharmila Tagore worked as a heroine and love interest of hero while pregnant with both Saif and Saba. Jaya was pregnant with Shweta during Sholay. Maushami Chatterjee was already married when her career flourished. I’m sure there are other examples as well. The audience never had any issues. It was Bollywood itself that regressed in the 80s and 90s for whatever reason.

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

She has the talent so she’ll always get off beat roles. As for mainstream roles and movies, she’s got two coming this year and one next year. If those are successful she’ll keep getting more offers. Bollywood has evolved and even marriage and kids aren’t stopping actresses anymore. Things might get in her way but it will not be her age.

She actually has four releases this year, Badd News, the movie with Rajkumar, BB3 and Dhadak 2.