God..the casual body/color shaming back in the 90s..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 months ago

I am glad at least we have evolved a bit from this

I can only cringe at what she is saying which she is finding so funny and not even a little offensive..

YoursTrulyOne thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

This is nothing , Didn't raveena said if Ajay married Karishma kapoor their children will be like a Zebra when he broke up with her. smiley39

Edited by YoursTrulyOne - 5 months ago
cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: YoursTrulyOne

This is nothing , Didn't raveena said if Ajay married Karishma kapoor their children will be like a Zebra when he broke up with her. smiley39

And now she is seen lecturing on how not to be obnoxious/rude in the name of not being fake..smiley36

diasingh2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

In the 90s?

I see people saying similar or even worse things even today, both in real life and on social media.
Human nature hasn't changed much. It's just that social media and the threat of being boycotted have made people more cautious publicly. I bet behind closed doors, these celebs say even worse stuff.smiley26

As for Juhi and SRK, I doubt SRK took offense at this.smiley36 Their friendship is one of the strongest in Bollywood, almost like family. I remember Juhi fully supporting SRK and signing a bond for Aryan when he was arrested in 2021.

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: cougarTown

I am glad at least we have evolved a bit from this

I can only cringe at what she is saying which she is finding so funny and not even a little offensive..

If anything it seem to have gotten worse!
Aren’t you reading this forum - all kind of shaming happens for the actors - one don’t like. And not sure but probably even worse on other portals.

Edited by Nishita123 - 5 months ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

SRK seems nervous and biting his nails. No matter what no one wants to be called unattractive that too publicly like that. But he probably was not surprised by it at all. That’s how society was back then. Didn’t he himself say something along the lines of how his daughter is beautiful despite being darker?

Juhi sounds like the stereotypical equivalent of a ditzy blonde with her stupid remarks and her giggles. Hopefully she’s matured and is embarrassed by this video.

Yes they did become life long friends.

Originally posted by: IAmLuvBolly

SRK seems nervous and biting his nails. No matter what no one wants to be called unattractive that too publicly like that. But he probably was not surprised by it at all. That’s how society was back then. Didn’t he himself say something along the lines of how his daughter is beautiful despite being darker?

Juhi sounds like the stereotypical equivalent of a ditzy blonde with her stupid remarks and her giggles. Hopefully she’s matured and is embarrassed by this video.

Yes they did become life long friends.

He was actually saying that Suhana said....that people made fun of her because she is dark....to which SRK told her that you are beautiful even then...

IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

He was actually saying that Suhana said....that people made fun of her because she is dark....to which SRK told her that you are beautiful even then...

OK, that’s definitely a different thing, and a better thing, than what I thought he had said. It would have been even better if instead of adding the “even then” he had told her that her skin tone is irrelevant and doesn’t matter. Sounds like a teaching moment wasted. Assuming he relayed the story as it happened.

Not judging him too harshly though because he was the product of how society was back then unfortunately.