Met Gala 2024- Alia in saree😬 - Page 45

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 5 months ago

I am starting to read from the last page......why is there a sari debate??smiley29 Hindustani log can't pehchano a sari???smiley37

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blue-ice.1

I am starting to read from the last page......why is there a sari debate??smiley29 Hindustani log can't pehchano a sari???smiley37

I was the one who started the debate, me thinks...

The poster isn't Hindustani, I think... (@ Clochette)

As usual some members were lauding others for wearing and even slaying floral sarees before to which I asked them if an Indian has ever worn a saree at MET..

The poster then replied how Alia's outfit can't be called a saree (the statement she gracefully retracted in later post) to which I replied despite various improvisations saree is still a saree...

P.S: Let's celebrate introduction of saree to MET by 3 foot ki Alia...

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

the photographer and editor did n amazing job here.
Alia n her team totally nailed the look. She is looking prettier now than ever. Hence proven, Women look the best in their 30s

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Briaahna

Now sharing my thoughts on aloos look

the saree gorgeous...fitting with the theme.

i loved how there was less skin show, i don't like those tube top blouses for sarees, awful. i loved how they added sleeves for the blouse.smiley27

the hair , it was soft, but could have been neater. it looked bit messy, since there was so much going on the dress/saree. neat hairdo would have been better.

makeup, yes blush could have been toned down, but i didn't find her makeup cakey...and i am ok with her lip color. Don't like bright colors anyways. most of the time alia makeup on point. this time, not perfect, but chalega.

she is not a model , still need to brush up her walk and smile (go easy) on carpets. she is new, hopefully does better the next time.

but at the end ....the min she came on...you can't ignore . just WOW.. everything just worked!! she looked like a fairy ,princesses, a doll in a garden, such grace. minor flaws, here and there , just disappeared. the fairy look just overshadowed minor flaws.

she is all over the place yaar...i am even surprised, how she pulled this onesmiley36 good for her to make such huge impact!

smiley27

her messy hair went with the theme. IMO she got it right.

Borrowed from English writer J.G. Ballardā€™s 1962 short story of the same name, the Met Gala 2024ā€™s ā€œGarden of Timeā€ theme worked in conjunction with the Costume Instituteā€™s spring exhibition, ā€œSleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion.ā€

TheJourney thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Totally smiley20

even this was a Saree variant smiley20

I am so happy to be reminded of this look. This was one of the best ever. Sonam's metallic blue saree was amazing too.

And those were the days smiley27smiley36

Raijeera thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Millenium Squad

Alia looked pretty