Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FatalFlaw thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: DivineAngel

Oh pleasešŸ˜‘ not the "dream man" thing again. Someone like Ranbir can be only alia's "dream man".

Deepika has far better endoresments.

Tagging you2. She knows better.

I don't think it's too far-fetched to claim Ranbir being Deepika's dream man. Sure, we all know he's got his issues, but did Deepika see him the same way? Let's remember, she was going through a tough time dealing with depression for quite a while. Even when she was at the top of her game, she talked about him more than her own boyfriend. Plus, there have been rumors about her and Ranveer having an open relationship and other gossip like that. When you take all of this into account, it starts to make sense why, sitting next to Ranveer on Koffee with Karan, she talked about exploring other options while he was still pursuing her. Just giving some perspective here.

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

I already did so...although it's meant more like a "please" than a lecture, just an expression of a wish... smiley16

@ others: ...and okay, okay, it's a saree (and not 'only' inspired by a saree) - what do I know about Indian fashion, anyways... smiley16

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Now sharing my thoughts on aloos look

the saree gorgeous...fitting with the theme.

i loved how there was less skin show, i don't like those tube top blouses for sarees, awful. i loved how they added sleeves for the blouse.smiley27

the hair , it was soft, but could have been neater. it looked bit messy, since there was so much going on the dress/saree. neat hairdo would have been better.

makeup, yes blush could have been toned down, but i didn't find her makeup cakey...and i am ok with her lip color. Don't like bright colors anyways. most of the time alia makeup on point. this time, not perfect, but chalega.

she is not a model , still need to brush up her walk and smile (go easy) on carpets. she is new, hopefully does better the next time.

but at the end ....the min she came on...you can't ignore . just WOW.. everything just worked!! she looked like a fairy ,princesses, a doll in a garden, such grace. minor flaws, here and there , just disappeared. the fairy look just overshadowed minor flaws.

she is all over the place yaar...i am even surprised, how she pulled this onesmiley36 good for her to make such huge impact!

smiley27

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

It is..

Every outfit goes through improvisations with time. Same has been the case with saree..

With more Indian celebrities attending International events, saree has now become a wonder garment (although I'd give the credit of its global popularity to Aishwarya Rai Bachhan's multiple saree outings at Cannes).

The ruffle saree, saree with belt, saree with jackets, saree with capes, dhoti style saree to name some. Just because the garment has been improvised, does it cease to become that garment??

Tab to gowns shouldn't be called gowns as well because they aren't the same as they were in the beginning, or are they??smiley36

bashful_moon thumbnail

How???

Word Count: 1

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

It is..

Every outfit goes through improvisations with time. Same has been the case with saree..

With more Indian celebrities attending International events, saree has now become a wonder garment (although I'd give the credit of its global popularity to Aishwarya Rai Bachhan's multiple saree outings at Cannes).

The ruffle saree, saree with belt, saree with jackets, saree with capes, dhoti style saree to name some. Just because the garment has been improvised, does it cease to become that garment??

Tab to gowns shouldn't be called gowns as well because they aren't the same as they were in the beginning, or are they??smiley36

Totally smiley20

even this was a Saree variant smiley20

Clochette thumbnail

@ Bri: You know very well that I've nothing against your enjoyment about Alia's success at the MET gala.

@BashfulMoon: "Just because Alia has worn it, it isn't??"

No, certainly not from my side.

(I'm neither a 'hater' nor do I dislike Alia, just fyi.)

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nishita123

Totally smiley20

even this was a Saree variant smiley20

It is as are these :

Mira Rajput Kapoor

You Can't Fully Appreciate Sonam Kapoor's Cape Saree Until You See The Back! | Designer saree blouse patterns, Draping fashion, Saree blouse designs latest

Shilpa Shetty Brings Modern Twist in Saree Game with a Pant Style Saree Worth Rs 45K

Actresses who look stunning in a black saree | Times of India

Improvisations aside, they are all sarees...

bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

@ Bri: You know very well that I've nothing against your enjoyment about Alia's success at the MET gala.

@BashfulMoon: "Just because Alia has worn it, it isn't??"

No, certainly not from my side.

(I'm neither a 'hater' nor do I dislike Alia, just fyi.)

My apologies if I have misunderstood a perfectly innocuous post..

Clochette thumbnail

Originally posted by: bashful_moon

My apologies if I have misunderstood a perfectly innocuous post..

Thanks to accept that my thought hadn't been the way you'd thought smiley27