Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bashful_moon thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 months ago

Originally posted by: naaznin

Alia's Saaree was pretty she looked good too.

But it was nothing new. Similar saaree Deepika n katrina have wore before.

To MET????

Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

As I'm not in favour of 'best' lists and 'rankings' in fashion art like I'm not in favour of judging other art through the boxoffice. it doesn't matter to me as much as it seems to do for others here.

To me, Alia is very beautiful in a very, very beautiful dress, the ensemble being 'a piece of art'. Only, the ensemble doesn't fit the Met Gala's theme.

I really would like to ask the designer (and also Alia) why they decided to make this kind of - undoubtedly wonderful and youthful - appearance at a fashion gala that deals with the theme of fugaciousness and not with the lightness of being. Did they only focus on the word "garden"? Because, the only flowers that exist in the "Garden of Time" are "time flowers" (christals), but there is the landscape one can see from the garden (with the important "swells").

But I'm thankful for Alia being such a draw here in the forum as she made me get to know more intensely about the Met Gala and the art displayed there. smiley1

Edited by Clochette - 5 months ago
Clochette thumbnail

No...but it have been beautifully flowered saris at different occasions (Alia's wasn't exactly a Sari but inspired by this fashion, imo).

Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

the fact is 3ft alia end up looking way better than 6ft DP, even drew more eyeballs than any of deepika's Met gala appearance.

that's pretty really hard to digestsmiley31

Clochette thumbnail

Bri, please...

Why not just enjoy Alia getting so much attention, keeping other colleagues out of your enjoyment?

This kind of glee is really negative.

bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Briaahna

the fact is 3ft alia end up looking way better than 6ft DP, even drew more eyeballs than any of deepika's Met gala appearance.

that's pretty really hard to digestsmiley31

The fact that this is the first time a SAREE was worn to the gala should have been a proud moment for us Indians irrespective of who had worn it..

Imagine if the tables were turned.. We would be reading waxing lyricals about the second coming of Madonna...smiley36

bashful_moon thumbnail

Originally posted by: Clochette

No...but it have been beautifully flowered saris at different occasions (Alia's wasn't exactly a Sari but inspired by this fashion, imo).

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/magazines/panache/alia-bhatt-tops-met-gala-2024-charts-in-sabyasachi-saree-outshines-kendall-jenner-and-kim-kardashian-in-rankings-details/articleshow/109938849.cms?from=mdr

Every portal, both national and international is saying it is a saree..

Just because Alia has worn it, it isn't??

Sure whatever floats everyone's boat..

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Bri, please...

Why not just enjoy Alia getting so much attention, keeping other colleagues out of your enjoyment?

Like good peanut butter please spread this lecture around to several other people as well
Briaahna thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Bri, please...

aww i am innocent as hell, its that 'other colleagues' are surprised how dare 3ft bland aloo is the center of attraction, so just trying my best input. after all its my topic.
Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Itā€™s a Saree!! smiley20