Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 months ago

Deepika Padukone's acting prowess is certainly a subject of varied opinions, but dismissing her entirely based on dialogue delivery alone seems a bit unfair. While it's true that dialogue delivery is a crucial aspect of an actor's craft, it's not the sole determinant of their talent or ability to portray a character effectively.

Firstly, it's essential to acknowledge that acting is a multifaceted art form. It encompasses not just dialogue delivery, but also body language, expressions, emotional depth, and the ability to immerse oneself into a character. Deepika Padukone has demonstrated remarkable versatility and depth in her performances across a range of roles, from the vulnerable Piku to the fierce Mastani in "Bajirao Mastani."

Furthermore, the quality of dialogue delivery can also be influenced by various factors beyond an actor's control, such as scriptwriting, direction, editing, and even dubbing in certain cases. Even the most talented actors may struggle with poorly written dialogue or insufficient direction.

MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

It’s extremely difficult to work on accent I feel.Audience can be a lil easy on that aspect.

Look at Sridevi..she was in the industry for her whole life yet her accent issue stayed throughout..of course she a legend when it comes to acting department but am just pointing towards the accent issue.

Same with Hema Malini or Jaya Prada and many more.They couldn’t come out of their South Indian accent.

Rekha(who was also a South Indian) is the only actor whose Hindi is clearer and better than many Hindi speaking artists.

infinity101 thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MyselfJ

It’s extremely difficult to work on accent I feel.Audience can be a lil easy on that aspect.

Look at Sridevi..she was in the industry for her whole life yet her accent issue stayed throughout..of course she a legend when it comes to acting department but am just pointing towards the accent issue.

Same with Hema Malini or Jaya Prada and many more.They couldn’t come out of their South Indian accent.

Rekha(who was also a South Indian) is the only actor whose Hindi is clearer and better than many Hindi speaking artists.

Like some others pointed out, does that even sound like a South Indian accent? I am talking about Deepika here. It’s not just her awful diction, the way she speaks her dialogues, it’s like a robot is speaking them, she speaks in such a rehearsed manner that it takes away from the seriousness of the performance. IMO the way you deliver your dialogues and pronounce words matter a lot in the acting department, Deepika’s dialogue delivery sucks big time! And she makes no effort to improve either.
MyselfJ thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: infinity101

Like some others pointed out, does that even sound like a South Indian accent? I am talking about Deepika here. It’s not just her awful diction, the way she speaks her dialogues, it’s like a robot is speaking them, she speaks in such a rehearsed manner that it takes away from the seriousness of the performance. IMO the way you deliver your dialogues and pronounce words matter a lot in the acting department, Deepika’s dialogue delivery sucks big time! And she makes no effort to improve either.

Yeah yeah I was just pointing to the accent issue.smiley1

And you know what in this particular video that is posted here for once I thought it’s a lil edited..am sure it isn’t.But watching her parts separately actually exposes her weakness in dialogue delivery.Basically she puts in a lot of effort and her dialogue flow is not very smooth which while watching her movies I never noticed.I thought she has a lil accent that’s it.but it does sound mechanical when watched separately..this I agree.

Deadinside thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Here, dialogue delivery level - Pretty damn fked up. smiley10

Banned

[Post Removed]

Banned

[Post Removed]

BBOTT thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

She needs to do better roles. Fighter was beneath her.

Banned

[Post Removed]

Banned

[Post Removed]