Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

Itni bhi koi buri acting nahi hai.

And Making fun of South Indian accent? She is South Indian. What is she supposed to do?

Dekhna hai toh dekho. Warna na dekho. People who find her South Indian accented dialogues fine - will continue to watching her and hyping her. smiley36

Tumhara Jiya jale - jaan jale - jale toh jale.

But that's the thing. Her accent sounded fine to me didn't sound south Indian at all (does anyone disagree?) unlike say a Hema malini, Sridevi or JayaPradha)

If they didn't knew she was a SI they wouldn't have detected a SI accent, is what I am saying

Not talking about her diction or modulation or whatever

1241154 thumbnail

Originally posted by: loginidran

None of the current lot pay attention to their dialogue delivery . Alia was literally speaking in the same vein in her last 4 outings namely- Gully Boy, Darlings, Gangu and Rocky though she was playing 4 completely different characters from 4 different walks of life as well as 4 different Indian states. In Rocky she was even playing a Harvard returned Delhiite with Bengali background but with dialogue delivery of a Gujarati uneducated sexworker from Gangu.

In 12 th fail Vikrant’s little focus on the voice and dialogue delivery could’ve made his performance even more heart tugging and enjoyable.

Just watch the previous lot like SRK, Akshay, Sunny Deol, Aamir Khan etc and how their dialogue delivery is a part of their acting.

Now I am bracing myself up for the Sanju dialogues in Ramayana. 😭

She spoke dialogue in nasal tone which was so irritating to hear🤮 so called best actress of India- Aloo Meryl Streep Johar

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 6

Wish Mona Gosh had a permanant contract to dub all movies of deepika & katrina like she did for OSO and almost all of katrina's initial movies.

pathaka thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: cougarTown

Wish Mona Gosh had a permanant contract to dub all movies of deepika & katrina like she did for OSO and almost all of katrina's initial movies.

God no…it’s the most sickeningly sweet annoying voice ever ….she dubbed for nargis in rockstar too and both her and nargis together ruined the movie for me 😭😭….

566912 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TotalBetty

But that's the thing. Her accent sounded fine to me didn't sound south Indian at all (does anyone disagree?) unlike say a Hema malini, Sridevi or JayaPradha)

If they didn't knew she was a SI they wouldn't have detected a SI accent, is what I am saying

Not talking about her diction or modulation or whatever

I am with you completely.

I dont find her accent South Indian. And I have worked with my fair share of SI friends.

She is not very expert at voice modulation but it isn’t as glaring as it is being made out to. At least to me.

She is overrated in terms of acting. Has poor voice modulation and bad dialogue delivery.

I think audience just ignored her weakness when it comes to great scripts and screenplay

Edited by Ria23 - 6 months ago
hasini009 thumbnail

5 Movies, 5 Characters, Same Dialogue delivery, same Voice and sam face, same nose,….smiley36

Banned

[Post Removed]

forza thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

She has always been overrated

JeanieBeanie thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I never really took Deepika seriously as an actress for this reason alone. Her dialogue delivery is atrocious and has always been. When she spoke these really heavy Urdu dialogues in her usual thick South Indian accent in BM with the most mechanical, soulless delivery, I lost it.

Voice modulation, tone, inflection, accents, diction...all in the dumps. She's gotten really lucky with everything else needed to be an actress. But for me she'll never be a good actor for this factor alone.