Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 months ago

Originally posted by: MaebyFunke

May December

I'm shocked to learn that this was based on a real event...and they were married and it went on? What fked up reality is this? I'd actually rate this higher than Anatomy of a fall, Barbie and some other movies I'd seen last year. It's criminal that Charles Melton did not win a nomination. Not even a Golden Globe.

I was very skeptical of the movie given the content. But it was well done.

And 100%. Charles Melton was robbed at the awards this year.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind

Nausicaä is Miyazaki's earlier animations before the foundation of Studio Ghibli. It is often ranked among the most influential anime movies and credited with popularizing the genre across the world.

The story takes place on a post-apocalyptic Earth after a global war that has made half the world toxic and inhospitable to life. These toxic forests are inhabited by giant insects that are hostile to human life.

Few human civilizations still remain. In the Valley of the Wind, humans try to live in harmony with the toxic jungle and avoid enraging the giant insects. But other human civilizations seek to destroy the toxic forest and control the world.

Nausicaä is the princess of the Valley of the Wind who embeds herself between the conflicting Tolmekians and Pejites. Can Nausicaä convince the Tolmekians and Pejites to live peacefully like the valley? Or will human penchant for war and destruction destroy what's left of the earth?

Like Castle in the Sky, the movie has themes of environmentalism and anti-war. The giant insects are akin to kaiju; giant mutated monsters in the popular namesake genre. These mutated creatures are common to Japanese storytelling, a result of the horrors of nuclear bombs. One of the human-created giant monsters in the movie detonates bombs that appear very similar to nuclear weapons. Another common thread I have noticed in both movies so far is male-female friendships that aren't tainted by crushes or romantic undertones.

Castle in the Sky was more fun, but Nausicaä is more deep and thought provoking.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MaebyFunke

Anatomy of a fall

Okay first of all what is with this new trend of advertising something else and the end product being something else for movies off late? This was called a Thriller/Suspense/Mystery and it's anything but that. You get duped and think that a big twist will land any moment but it doesn't come. I think filmmakers and mostly the marketing team should be honest with what kind of movie they have made. Because marketing tactics like this would only underwhelm the overall response to the movie. This felt like a character study of the husband and wife. That aside, great acting. Infact, the acting is what sells this completely. The kid playing Daniel is phenomenal. You see his dilemma and the back and forth he goes through. The breakdown scene was exceptionally done.

I don't think there's any sort of open-ended ending. It is as it seems. The protagonist was of course, Daniel. Not the mother, father, or the lawyer.

I got excited thinking there was a new user who also watches the good stuff. But alassmiley36
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

I got excited thinking there was a new user who also watches the good stuff. But alassmiley36

What

Word Count: 1

Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMxvP14C26I

Fast paced entertaining documentary smiley40

Edited by Maroonporsche - 8 months ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Pichchar: Hanu Man

As a movie, 5 mein se 3.5 stars dunga. Theater mein dekhne ka experience achhaa tha - nice visuals and good audio. Telugu mein dekha, subtitles ke saath.

Effort ke liye full marks. CGI utna achha nahin hai, lekin phir bhi jo dikhaya hai bhot badhiyaan dikhaya hai.

Acting sabne achhi ki hai. Hero ne bhot achha kaam kiya hai. Heroine kaafi beautiful hai, kaafi fresh face, decent acting aur badhiyaan screen presence (Bollywood mein kyon nahin aatin aisi heroine log?smiley19). Villian aur supporting cast ne bhi achha kaam kiyelaay. Hero ki sister ka kaam bohot achhaa laga.

Woh ek gaane mein fight sequence bhi hai - badi sundarta se filmaya hai. (Maine aisa first time Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo mein dekha tha. Phir Arjun Vailly song mein dekha Animal ke. Aur ab yahan. Yeh lagtay Telugu specialty hai!)

Baaqi romance, humor, action sab achhe se daala hai.

Merko lagtaay length thoda kum ho sakta tha.

Hanuman Chalisa ka rendition kaafi powerful hai, lekin mein end ke doha ke liye ruka lekin woh baja nahin smiley23

Hanuman ji ke vividh portrayals bohot achhe lage. smiley27

Looking forward to Jai Hanuman smiley20

।। जय श्री राम।।

🙏🙏🙏

****SPOILER below****

Yaar lekin ab hero ke andar Hanumanji ka rakt pravesh kar chuka hai toh makers ko romance angle pe dhyaan dena hoga. Kyunki Bajrang Bali toh Brahmachaari hain 😬

Ideally meri raay mein better hota ki actual Bhagwaan ko story mein nahin laate. Lekin pichchar kaafi respectfully banaya hai. Us Om Raut ki tarah vaat nahin lagaayelay. So there's that.

Edited by Saleem-Pheku - 8 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

I saw Animal.

It was above average, continuity issues and length issues. Other than Ranbir no character was really that well fleshed out. So Ofcourse he gave awesome performance. An he did give one of his best. His wife’s character was annoying an I think she said half her dialogues in English cause her Hindi is terrible.smiley36 Tripti was barely there. An how did she fall in love so quick smiley36The 10/15 minutes of when ranbir goes to the old village to recruit his cousins is really goodsmiley20

The Anil/Ranbir confrontation scene was well done. Up until Ranbir is seen crying in Shakti Kapoors arms why didn’t his dad hug himsmiley36. Vangas strength might be that he knows how to place the songs. The Arjan Vaily and Saari Duniya song/scenes were the best. An I think my favorite scene is when His wife leaves him but his own son jumps out of the car to hug him smiley19smiley19 The Aziz character stole the show in 5 minutes. He said he was gonna marry his sister in law and raise her kids atleast he asked Zoyasmiley36 I didn’t find much in the way of “problematic content” other than a 2/3 scenes

I think overall I’d say 6.5.10 ✅

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

I saw Animal.

It was above average, continuity issues and length issues. Other than Ranbir no character was really that well fleshed out. So Ofcourse he gave awesome performance. An he did give one of his best. His wife’s character was annoying an I think she said half her dialogues in English cause her Hindi is terrible.smiley36 Tripti was barely there. An how did she fall in love so quick smiley36The 10/15 minutes of when ranbir goes to the old village to recruit his cousins is really goodsmiley20

The Anil/Ranbir confrontation scene was well done. Up until Ranbir is seen crying in Shakti Kapoors arms why didn’t his dad hug himsmiley36. Vangas strength might be that he knows how to place the songs. The Arjan Vaily and Saari Duniya song/scenes were the best. An I think my favorite scene is when His wife leaves him but his own son jumps out of the car to hug him smiley19smiley19 The Aziz character stole the show in 5 minutes. He said he was gonna marry his sister in law and raise her kids atleast he asked Zoyasmiley36 I didn’t find much in the way of “problematic content” other than a 2/3 scenes

I think overall I’d say 6.5.10 ✅

He was hugging his dad and crying, then there was a time jump. And his father dies and they show him in the arms of Shakti.

With the son thing, next movie will prolly show him,.what he is as a father.

Aziz, Man this guy is bad.

Tell me about the fight scene, the one I like.

Bobby was good though yeh, I think his performance was even better than Biras.

Edited by carisma2 - 8 months ago
Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Pichchar: Teri Baato Mein Aisa Uljha Jiya

Verdict: 5 mein se 2.5 stars. One time watch.

Light hearted humor decent hai. Lekin beech beech mein bore hotay.

Pata nahin kya reason hai, maybe Kriti robot baneliy isliye, lekin uske character ko main feel nahin kar paya. Usko ek gadget hi samajh rela tha, toh thoda weird laga woh. Shahid ne as usual decent kaam kiyelay.

Bade parde pe sirf songs dekhneka mazaa aaya. (Animal aur Jawan dekhne ke baad expectations bhot high ho gayele smiley36) Toh Masala jasti kuchh nahin hai, above average romcom hai. Aise pichchar OTT ke liye best hote IMHO.

***Minor Spoilers****

Ek guest appearance hai Jhanvia madam ka. Ekdum aang pe aa gayi... dimaagh ko tochan tha. 2 minute ke screentime mein bheja fry kar daala apne overacting aur terrible dialogue delivery se. Koi usko please samjhao vocal fry kya hotay. smiley44

Btw, yeh pichchar mein:

Hero heroine* ko kheech ke do chaar laafe detaay. Proper punches.

Hero heroine* ko poori tarah se control kartaay.

Ek character heroine* ko Xbox maafik possession se compare kartay, aur usko improper physical touch kartay, aur usko boleh toh sexually molest karneka try kartaay.

Heroine* bole toh robot hai. Lekin burger critic bolenge ki marad purush aur aurat robot kaykoy? Khawatein (bole to Stree) mahila aur marad robot kayko nahin...

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui- A decent light-hearted film. Good performances by Vaani and Ayushman.