Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

95027 thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Castle in the Sky

HBO Max has the entire Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki collection. These are some of the most popular and beloved anime. But I have never seen a single one of these films. So, I am going to be watching through the entire collection.

Castle in the Sky is the first movie Miyazaki film under Studio Ghibli. It tells the tale of a mysterious girl, Sheeta, who has a magic crystal pendant and falls into a mining town. Pazu, an orphan who works as a mechanic, finds her falling and rescues her. But immediately, two groups of dangerous people appear, searching for Sheeta.

One group is the army led by an unscrupulous, dogged spy, Muska. The other is a band of sky pirates led by Dola, who sports a tough criminal exterior but has a soft heart.

Pazu and Sheeta band together to discover Sheeta's ethnicity and ties to the legends of Laputa, a flying castle in the sky.

I can see why Studio Ghibli is so revered. The animation style is gorgeous. For 1986, there is such beauty and detail in each frame. The movie is also well ahead of its time, juxtaposing industrialization and technology vs nature and humanity well before they became fashionable. It's an animated film that young kids and adults will find equally enjoyable.

The entire Pixar filmography can be credited to this film as it is one of John Lasseter's favorite films and heavily influenced his animation career.

I'm stoked to see what the rest of the collection has to offer.

it’s an excellent set of movies. .

Hope you saw his latest Thw Boy and the Heron :)

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

I haven't. But I plan to watch all of them soon.

The animation is really beautiful.

95027 thumbnail

I haven't. But I plan to watch all of them soon.

The animation is really beautiful.

Ofc animation is beaitful. So are the scripts :)

Hence he is considered the best in the world :).

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: KJasoosChulbulP

Not yet, but putting it on my list and will watch it soonish! Miyazaki's movies feel like a warm hug on cold days! It's so comforting!
1274961 thumbnail

Ram Ke Naam by Anand Patwardhan (documentary) - Loved it. I found it on youtube and it is absolutely brilliant. I felt so bad for the tax officer who was just doing his job honestly. Pujari Laldas words were beautiful. I was very sad to read that he was killed. I will be watching all of Anand Patwardhan documentaries in the future. I really wish I had stumbled upon his work earlier, but never too late. I am impressed by the way he put this together and showed a lot.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 9 months ago
95027 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Ram Ke Naam by Anand Patwardhan (documentary) - Loved it. I found it on youtube and it is absolutely brilliant. I felt so bad for the tax officer who was just doing his job honestly. Pujari Laldas words were beautiful. I was very sad to read that he was killed. I will be watching all of Anand Patwardhan documentaries in the future. I really wish I had stumbled upon his work earlier, but never too late. I am impressed by the way he put this together and showed a lot.

achaaa hain. Kuch log ..content creators ki baat kar rahaaan hoon….ko false narrative ko documentary ka naam dena padtaaa hain aur ofc anything in the world can be labeled anything and also gets viewers…. ….thanks to SM any content is available to be watched.

Freedom to hain Glorious India Rising mein aur rahegeee :). I prefer to not watch these as I love watching my Ram laaala whenever I get a chance. Because documentary ho yas kuch bhee aur,,,humarey to Ram Laaala is back home ..

Hum logon ne instead life ka best moment dekhaaa. We are blessed to have witnessed it. It was known as Pran Prathistaaa. And celebrated the world over. As it would be as the blessings we recd from our prabhu impacts all of us. Even the naysayers. Prabhu ke ghar mein dher hain.

Aaj kal I am watching live movie when I can. It’s known as decimation of Hamas and God is great. Good conquering evil I get to see in my lifetime …I don’t know if it qualifies for this topic so let me share a movie I saw. Nope. Not a documentary. A fictional one ..

I also took time to watch another movie called Lift. It’s fiction about a heist. I really enjoyed it. Star cast is excellent and pulls it off really well. Chris Rock is amazing. Worth a watch besides watching some exciting live events I mentioned.

Jai Shree Ram smiley27

Edited by KJasoosChulbulP - 8 months ago
Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 months ago

Castle in the Sky

HBO Max has the entire Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki collection. These are some of the most popular and beloved anime. But I have never seen a single one of these films. So, I am going to be watching through the entire collection.

Castle in the Sky is the first movie Miyazaki film under Studio Ghibli. It tells the tale of a mysterious girl, Sheeta, who has a magic crystal pendant and falls into a mining town. Pazu, an orphan who works as a mechanic, finds her falling and rescues her. But immediately, two groups of dangerous people appear, searching for Sheeta.

One group is the army led by an unscrupulous, dogged spy, Muska. The other is a band of sky pirates led by Dola, who sports a tough criminal exterior but has a soft heart.

Pazu and Sheeta band together to discover Sheeta's ethnicity and ties to the legends of Laputa, a flying castle in the sky.

I can see why Studio Ghibli is so revered. The animation style is gorgeous. For 1986, there is such beauty and detail in each frame. The movie is also well ahead of its time, juxtaposing industrialization and technology vs nature and humanity well before they became fashionable. It's an animated film that young kids and adults will find equally enjoyable.

The entire Pixar filmography can be credited to this film as it is one of John Lasseter's favorite films and heavily influenced his animation career.

I'm stoked to see what the rest of the collection has to offer.

Watching today with kiddo..thanks

1274961 thumbnail

Pitra, Putra Aur Dharamyuddha (1994) by Anand Patwardhan - Loved it. I found it interesting and brilliant as it delves into different topics and shows the cause of male dominance. I liked the way Ram Ke Naam was shot over this documentary, but I found this more thought provoking. His documentaries are not for everyone, and only meant for mature and practical people.

Edited by Petrichor80 - 8 months ago
791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Petrichor80

Pitra, Putra Aur Dharamyuddha (1994) by Anand Patwardhan - Loved it. I found it interesting and brilliant as it delves into different topics and shows the cause of male dominance. I liked the way Ram Ke Naam was shot over this documentary, but I found this more thought provoking. His documentaries are not for everyone, and only meant for mature and practical people.

Sound awesome, Petri. Where can I watch it?

1274961 thumbnail