Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Posted: 9 months ago

Oh My God 2

I loved it. Pankaj is amazing. The son and family was good also. Such a nice film. Some amazing moments. Yami was meh but she usually is. Funny as hell. One of the better films of 2023. Akshay was used correctly after some time. Pawan Malhotra ♥️

8 out of 10

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

12th fail (watched it on Hotstar whilst on my trip in India)- I really like the movie's execution and the overall base of how the main character, Manoj evolved esp after his meet with the DSP. Plus, how his interaction is with Pandey, Shraddha, and Gauri Bhaiya in the journey. Overall, I'll recommend to watch. It's a good movie compared to Hirani's Dunki.

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

Kho gaye hum kahan:

A sweet and simple film. Adarsh and sidhant were good. Ananya was decent but her dialogue delivery needs further improvement.

Edited by Aurora_77 - 9 months ago
Aurora_77 thumbnail

Melody Maniacs

Sajini Shinde ka viral video:

The first half was good. Didn't like the second half. Nimrat as a police officer is amazing. Radhika madan is good but I found her facial expressions kinda weird and off puting in some scenes.

12th fail-

What an inspiring and well made movie. Loved it. Very relatable. A must watch for students and civil services aspirants. Vikrant massey never disappoints. The rest of the cast was amazing too.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Hi Papa

Something different n refreshing. The little girl is so cute. Mrunal has a great screen presence. Nani is impressive

12th fail

Must watch. And if u have kids make them watch

Aurora_77 thumbnail

Melody Maniacs

Gumraah-

It's a decent one time watch. Full of suspense. Aditya, Ronit Roy, Mrunal acted well.

Annapoorani-

A sweet inspirational tamil movie starring Nayanthara. It's about the journey of a young girl with special abilities aspiring to be a chef. I really liked it. The storytelling is really good.

Edited by Aurora_77 - 9 months ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Where the Crawdads Sing

I really enjoyed the book. It was a unique blend of romance, drama, nature documentary, murder mystery, and thriller. This mix of genres works in the book, but it is much harder to carry off with a movie.

It is a decent movie. Daisy Edgar-Jones, in particular, gives a stunning performance as Kya. She is simply phenomenal as an abandoned child who grew up alone in the marsh. The way she is shy and nervous in a city like a deer who wanders into town. The way she runs from most people is like rabbits in a yard. It was exactly the jumpy behavior I pictured while reading the book.

The cinematography is stunning, capturing the beauty and majesty of Carolina's marshy low country. The score matches the ambiance well. Most performances are good. And overall, the film does a good job of trying to condense a complex narrative from the book to the screen.

But while the book has room to lay out rich details, the movie's transition between romance and mystery is more jarring. The book has a long drawn-out investigation before the courtroom drama; the movie jumps right into the courtroom drama. All this makes the narrative weak.

Edit to add. The book and the movie just made this song oh so much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q94kA7llGw

Edited by return_to_hades - 9 months ago
Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

.Society of the Snow 9/10

.Leave the World behind 5/10

Maroonporsche thumbnail

I have just seen Tiger 3 on Amazon prime.

It was above average. Nothing bad but nothing spectacular apart from a few scenes. It did get bland at certain points. The good parts were Zoya/Tiger fight with the background music, everyone did decent acting even Pathan, an some nice action scenes. A lot of this movie tho it was like “nahin Maine Kahin Dekhi Hai” An yes the Pakistani PM giving Tiger so much love in a speech probably did more harm than good smiley36 But somewhere the movie felt odd. I think the director was bad. An had no idea on how to make an action movie

Nice one time watch with everything . 7 out of 10 smiley40

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

The Three of Us

The movie is visually gorgeous. The Konkan holds a special place in my heart, and this movie made me yearn for home. The acting is also beautiful, delicate, and tender. Shefali Shah and Jaideep Ahlawat are fine actors. The narrative also sensitively deals with complex emotions.

However, the movie was too subtle and too slow to hold interest. I struggled to focus and catch the drift of the tale. It is one of those high brow films that scores all the top marks, but cannot deliver on entertainment value to keep you hooked.