Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 9 months ago

As I said, it was slow at times - but surprisingly good. Nice story of the impact of digital life.

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

Jaane Jaan:

Loved it. Jaideep Ahlawat is the star of the movie. His character is so mysterious and enigmatic. Vijay was excellent as always. Kareena has come a long way as an actress. A very different kind of a movie indeed. Ending could've been better. Nevertheless, the storyline is very engaging and in my opinion, it's one of the best thrillers of 2023!

I'd rate it 4/5

Edited by Aurora_77 - 9 months ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Sajni Shinde ki viral video

Watched this movie yesterday on Netflix as was feeling bored. I thought it will be an interesting suspense thriller but ended up feeling even more bored. smiley36The concept was really good but the execution was bad. It's about a lady police officer who gets this case of a school teacher named Sajni Shinde who goes missing after a video of her partying and dancing with two male strippers goes viral and she's fired from her job. The story moves forward with the police officer finding out all the people in her life including her father and fiancee are highly toxic and she was a weak and submissive woman. The climax could have been better though the questions the movie raised are really relevant even today.

Only Nimrat Kaur's acting was good. Rest all were average. Radhika Madan as Sajni Shinde was terrible. Her dialogue delivery too was bad. My suggestion is watch this movie if you want to sleep. smiley36

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

Qala:

A masterpiece. Top-notch direction and cinematography. Stellar performances by tripti, babil, swastika and the rest of the cast.

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Sanju

It is going off Netflix. Last date Dec 31st 2023

So watched.je

Sunil Dutt as a father was phenomenal đź‘Ź what a dad!!! After watching the movie feel for him as a father.

Sanjay Dutt life is colourful to say the least. Some of the things are shocking. No mentioned of his earlier marriage and first daughter.

Dia Mirza as Manyatta has acted very well. But is Nanyatta really like that.

Ranbir what an actor. He has acted terrific. Totally own it!

Transformation of his body as per story is amazing.

Vicky.. can see why he got so much praised for Sanju movie. His character and Ranbir Sanju bonding shown was touching. Such friendship are rare. Sanjay Dutt is blessed by such friendship.

Khufiya

I was so stoked to see Tabu and Vishal Bharadwaj teaming up for a movie again. Unfortunately, the movie is a bit of a letdown. Had it been any ordinary director or actor, this would be a fine film. But for the mettle of the director and cast, this is a letdown.

The film lacks a crisp, clear point of view driving the narrative. Is this meant to be an espionage thriller focused on cat-and-mouse games of information? Or is this meant to be a drama focused on the personal relationships and complexities of people engaging in espionage? The film tries to capture both KM, the spy and Krishna Mehra, the woman with all her baggage and wavers to weave the two together.

The movie chooses to be authentic in its portrayal of espionage showing the day-to-day drudgery before something meaningful happens. It is punctuated with high-octane moments that we know in spy films. But these moments tend to be anti-climactic.

Khufiya has a lot of potential that never got realized due to narrative flaws.

Thank You For Coming

Oh man, it's such a mixed bag. On one hand, I laud the plot and intent of highlighting female sexuality and the female orgasm. On the other hand, I see the moments that lose the plot with the audience.

Like OMG 2, the movie attempts to call Indians out for their fake hypocrisy and modesty around sex. But unlike OMG, which took a more refined and intellectual approach, TYFC embraces the pleasure of sex. I appreciate the no-holds-barred approach. But the execution fizzles.

Who is Kanika Kapoor? Is she seeking sexual pleasure, a soulmate, or both, and why? Has her single mother scarred her to be prudish or scarred her to be provocative? Why is she incapable of communicating with her partners? The main character itself is a hot mess of contradictions. Even if you want to root for her, you don't know for what or why.

I also felt super bad for Jeevan Anand. For what it's worth, he was a standup guy who did not deserve the shit he went through. While I am all for women's rights and freedoms, I don't think they should come at the expense of male emotions. He was unfairly done dirty. I think the plot could have progressed with just a drunken girl's night, like many movies, instead of the engagement angle. The Karan plotline could also have been handled better. The current narrative went into uncomfortable territory. The concluding moment also veers into too much randomness and lacks focus.

A valiant and important attempt botched by poor execution.

shalu_libra thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Watched 2020 Malayalam movie “Forensic” because I was thirsting for a suspense thriller. Bad choice - most absurd crime movie ever.

First off - the direction was such a put off - juvenile. Then the innumerable twists & turns - just for the heck of it - none made any sense & were rather silly. If the modus operandi of the killer doesn’t make you laughsmiley36, the reasons for him becoming a serial child killer will certainly make you ROFL. smiley37

Edited by shalu_libra - 9 months ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Kho Gaye Hum Kahan

I saw it. It was impressive. All the leads did well. Interesting concept. Most impressive was the Neil character 💯 Happy for Ananya if it’s streaming well.

6.5 out of 10 on Maroon Scale smiley40

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Dream Girl 2

It was funny. Paresh Rawal had the next one liners. Everyone did solid work. Ayushman speech at the end was best but he is looking quite old.

6.5/7 out of 10

Edited by Maroonporsche - 9 months ago

Mast Mein Rehne Ka

A simple slice-of-life film about loneliness. It is a quintessential Bombay film, beautifully capturing the vibe of the city.

VS Kamath is a widower who lives a monotonous life. A robbery at home shocks him out of his shell. After awkward attempts to socialize, he connects with Prakash Kaur Handa, a vivacious Punjabi widow. Their friendship keeps each other company and alleviates their loneliness.

Meanwhile, the robber Nanhe is experiencing loneliness and moral quandaries of his own in the city. Their lives interconnect and impact each other in surprising ways.

The story is kind of pointless - in the sense that nothing major is really happening. But there is an addictive sweetness to the characters finding hope and happiness in trying circumstances.

The two newcomers playing Nanhe and Rani were really sparkling. Neena Gupta was a firecracker as always. But the standout was Jackie Shroff. The hunch, the old uncle walk, the nosy observances - he essayed his character beautifully.