Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 months ago

Mission Majnu

I havent seen the movie because I thought it would be bad, but it was quite good! Ofcourse its very convienient in certain parts but overall it was not bad at all!

Sid did really really well and I was particularly impressed with this acting in emotional scenes. which is normally not his strength, you really felt connected with his character. Really hope he gets that big recognition at some point in his career, he is not a bad actor.

Rashmika was okay, this is the first time I am seeing her and I am unsure how she is in real life and what her actual persona off-screen is, so its hard for me to compliment her acting, but she appeared to do well.

Love the song Rabba Jandasmiley27

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

His Dark Materials S3

The final season is gripping as all forces in Lyra's life collide. Each character is layered and complicated, leading to unexpected actions and results.

The juxtaposition of Lyra and her parents is also some wonderful symbolism. Her father, Lord Asriel, is blind to science, and her mother, Mrs. Coulter, is blind faith, while Lyra is in between balancing both with human compassion.

As a younger reader, I didn't understand the book's conclusion and what it meant for Lyra and Will to restore dust. But the series is crystal clear about portraying desire as a positive milestone in human lives instead of sin.

They changed some details and moved some events around - but overall a fitting finale.

This is one series that didn't waver in quality.

The Archies

After seeing all the reviews ripping apart the film to pieces, I was expecting to watch the worst movie of the year. There is something about watching movies when you expect a horrifying experience. You are never disappointed. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised.

No one likes a nepo baby, let alone a stack of them. When you have a movie designed to launch nepo babies, there is momentum against the movie. And I think that is the downfall of the movie. The movie needs to be phenomenal to counter all the negativity from the nepo discourse. But this is not a phenomenal film. This is a mediocre film at best.

For sure, it is Zoya Akhtar's weakest film. There is a try-hard element to adapting Archie comics to the Anglo-Indian community. And the length is excruciatingly long. The film could have focused clearly on saving Green Park and skipped all the fluff in the setup.

But hey, when you see it through the lens of generic YA fluff for streaming - it actually is cute, breezy, and fun. Yuvraj Menda was adorable as Dilton Doiley. And Mihir Ahuja shines as Jughead. After seeing him in Made in Heaven, you can see how naturally talented he is - portraying two diametrically opposite young men with ease. Suhana wasn't awful. Just awkwardly trying too hard - I mean she is under a big shadow, it will take time to ignore it and be herself. Agastya and Khushi were just average. Vedang Raina as Reggie was punchier.

Overall, not as atrocious as I expected. And hey, its one of those movies you stream in your pajamas on a weekend. It is NOT going to be a cinematic experience.

Super Mario Bros. Movie

Can I confess that I enjoyed the 1993 live-action movie more? Even though it was a godawful movie. The Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo starrer was an incoherent, cheesy mess with comical CGI. But there was a special nostalgic charm to it.

The new movie plays off as a wholesome family-fun movie. Being animated, it nicely blends the Mushroom Kingdom and the fantastical lands from the game against modern-day Manhattan. The narrative is tighter as well. But somehow it just lacks the nostalgic charm to be remembered for too long.

Red_eyes94 thumbnail

Jawaan netflix good

Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Pichchar: Animal

*Review thread se mere post ko copy+paste karrela*

Bhen$$$d kya pichchar banayelaay! smiley10 Bhen$$$d... mazaa aa gaya bhen$$$d. Matlab ki ekdum faad... FU$K BHEN$$$D. Ek Number smiley32

Dekh agar tu undecided hai ki yeh pichchar dekhnay ki nayi... main bolunga is ta++i review ko chhod ke abhich ticket nikaal le. Jasti din yeh pichchar theather mein nahin rahenga. Aur yeh pichchar dekhne ke liye nahin hai, yeh EXPERIENCE karne ke liye hai, woh bhi BADE PARDE par. Sadhe teen ghante kab niklenge pata bhi nayi chalenga. Aur rahi baat ticket ki, toh ek gaana ayenga "Arjun Vaily"... BHEN***D... us ek gaane+visuals mein hich paisa vasool ho jayenga.

Is pichchar mein bhen$$$d 5 gram romance hai, 100 gram comedy hai, 20 kg emotional scenes hain, aur 1 TON ka violence hai. Ismein Gandasa se le kar machine gun hai. Ismein hain almost bhai-bhai, bole toh, Hindu-Muslim-Sikh-Isai. Ismein Hindi hai, Urdu hai, Telugu hai, Punjabi hai, English hai, British English hai... aur Marathi bhi hai smiley36 Yaar bolrelaun is pichchar mein bhot kuchh hai....smiley42

Kya action scenes kiyele... kya emotions dikhayele... bhen$$$d kya music hai... kya cinematography, set design, background score... Ranbir-Bobby ke fight ko bhot beautifully shoot kiya hai... especially jo gaane ke lyrics bajate hain tab... bhot badhiyan. Aur haan, sabse badi baat, kya machine gun banaayelaay smiley10 Vanga ke creativity ko hats off. He's here to stay... one of Bollywood ka sabse talented director. Watch out for him. smiley16

Ranbir ne top acting kiyelay. Ek number. Rashmika was ok.... Merko Tripti personally utni beautiful nahin lagti, lekin usko Bulbul aur Qala mein dekhelay and I respect her craft. Anil Kapoor, as expected, ek number. Bobby ne bhi decent kiyelay.

Starting ke scene se jo main hasna chalu kiya, final scene pe bhi bhot bada chuckle nikal gaya...smiley37 Aur haan... yaar sequel ka jo story banayelay, usmein jo villian ne planning karke rakheli hai aatank kaise machaana hai... it'll be literally terrifying.. meri khud ki phat gayeli soch soch ke. Bloodbath honga Animal Park mein, aur apan toh hopefully first day first show jayenga jab bhi aaye.....

My take on problematic content: Dekho main apna bheja ghar pe fridge mein daalke jata hoon pichchar dekhne. Toh main characters aur unke thought process, actions, etc ko judge nahin karta. Imo aisa koi marad nahin honga joh maryadapurushottam Ram honga, aur yeh pichchar dekhne ke baad Raavan ban jayenga. Yeh pichchar Adults ke liye hai, aur jiske bhi bheje mein 2 braincells honge woh isse entertain honga, inspire nahin. Outrage hona chahiye isliye, ki log bachche log ko Adult pichchar dikhane kyun leke jaate... smiley7smiley11

PS: Ab tak sun liya honga, lekin Bhen$$$d gaali nahin hai... Animal dekhne ke baad ke jazbaat hain mere smiley40

Edited by Saleem-Pheku - 10 months ago
priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

(contains spoilers)

I saw Killers Of The Flower Moon it shows the extent people can go to for greed (murder, drugging) and how it harms them& their family in the long term. Great acting especially by Leonardo DiCaprio and Robert DeNiro. Maybe Mollie would also be killed by Hale if it got too late

Originally posted by: Saleem-Pheku

Pichchar: Animal

*Review thread se mere post ko copy+paste karrela*

Bhen$$$d kya pichchar banayelaay! smiley10 Bhen$$$d... mazaa aa gaya bhen$$$d. Matlab ki ekdum faad... FU$K BHEN$$$D. Ek Number smiley32

Dekh agar tu undecided hai ki yeh pichchar dekhnay ki nayi... main bolunga is ta++i review ko chhod ke abhich ticket nikaal le. Jasti din yeh pichchar theather mein nahin rahenga. Aur yeh pichchar dekhne ke liye nahin hai, yeh EXPERIENCE karne ke liye hai, woh bhi BADE PARDE par. Sadhe teen ghante kab niklenge pata bhi nayi chalenga. Aur rahi baat ticket ki, toh ek gaana ayenga "Arjun Vaily"... BHEN***D... us ek gaane+visuals mein hich paisa vasool ho jayenga.

Is pichchar mein bhen$$$d 5 gram romance hai, 100 gram comedy hai, 20 kg emotional scenes hain, aur 1 TON ka violence hai. Ismein Gandasa se le kar machine gun hai. Ismein hain almost bhai-bhai, bole toh, Hindu-Muslim-Sikh-Isai. Ismein Hindi hai, Urdu hai, Telugu hai, Punjabi hai, English hai, British English hai... aur Marathi bhi hai smiley36 Yaar bolrelaun is pichchar mein bhot kuchh hai....smiley42

Kya action scenes kiyele... kya emotions dikhayele... bhen$$$d kya music hai... kya cinematography, set design, background score... Ranbir-Bobby ke fight ko bhot beautifully shoot kiya hai... especially jo gaane ke lyrics bajate hain tab... bhot badhiyan. Aur haan, sabse badi baat, kya machine gun banaayelaay smiley10 Vanga ke creativity ko hats off. He's here to stay... one of Bollywood ka sabse talented director. Watch out for him. smiley16

Ranbir ne top acting kiyelay. Ek number. Rashmika was ok.... Merko Tripti personally utni beautiful nahin lagti, lekin usko Bulbul aur Qala mein dekhelay and I respect her craft. Anil Kapoor, as expected, ek number. Bobby ne bhi decent kiyelay.

Starting ke scene se jo main hasna chalu kiya, final scene pe bhi bhot bada chuckle nikal gaya...smiley37 Aur haan... yaar sequel ka jo story banayelay, usmein jo villian ne planning karke rakheli hai aatank kaise machaana hai... it'll be literally terrifying.. meri khud ki phat gayeli soch soch ke. Bloodbath honga Animal Park mein, aur apan toh hopefully first day first show jayenga jab bhi aaye.....

My take on problematic content: Dekho main apna bheja ghar pe fridge mein daalke jata hoon pichchar dekhne. Toh main characters aur unke thought process, actions, etc ko judge nahin karta. Imo aisa koi marad nahin honga joh maryadapurushottam Ram honga, aur yeh pichchar dekhne ke baad Raavan ban jayenga. Yeh pichchar Adults ke liye hai, aur jiske bhi bheje mein 2 braincells honge woh isse entertain honga, inspire nahin. Outrage hona chahiye isliye, ki log bachche log ko Adult pichchar dikhane kyun leke jaate... smiley7smiley11

PS: Ab tak sun liya honga, lekin Bhen$$$d gaali nahin hai... Animal dekhne ke baad ke jazbaat hain mere smiley40

Not sure about the movie but this review is entertaining to read, is it Hyderabaadi hindi ? Or Mumbai hindi ? Or some other hindi idk, sounded funny and entertaining! 🤣smiley36

Dunki

I have mixed feelings about the movie. The movie is heartfelt and sincere. It makes a very important point about immigration. The desperation and frustration were wonderfully essayed. And Vicky Kaushal was a complete scene stealer in his brief role.

Despite all good intentions, the movie is quite flawed. It is perhaps one of Raju Hirani's weakest films. The humor is tepid. The plot relies on a lot of happenstance. There's also an overabundance of mawkish sentiment that annoyed me. The second half of the movie makes the first half seem pointless and moot.

That being said, when it comes to emotions, the movie does manage to hit you in the feels. The woman next to me was reacting viscerally, clapping, cheering, and commenting on bits. It wasn't just for Shahrukh. Clearly, she had experienced immigration pains.

I found Pathan and Jawan more entertaining, as they had really cheerable cinematic moments. But my sister pointed out that Dunki actually had a much better narrative despite its flaws.

So year, Dunki is going to fare poorly at the box office despite being better than some mega hits. But it's not really hit material, either. It just floats somewhere between mediocrity and a hit. As I said mixed feelings.

MJ_1009 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Dunki

I have mixed feelings about the movie. The movie is heartfelt and sincere. It makes a very important point about immigration. The desperation and frustration were wonderfully essayed. And Vicky Kaushal was a complete scene stealer in his brief role.

Despite all good intentions, the movie is quite flawed. It is perhaps one of Raju Hirani's weakest films. The humor is tepid. The plot relies on a lot of happenstance. There's also an overabundance of mawkish sentiment that annoyed me. The second half of the movie makes the first half seem pointless and moot.

That being said, when it comes to emotions, the movie does manage to hit you in the feels. The woman next to me was reacting viscerally, clapping, cheering, and commenting on bits. It wasn't just for Shahrukh. Clearly, she had experienced immigration pains.

I found Pathan and Jawan more entertaining, as they had really cheerable cinematic moments. But my sister pointed out that Dunki actually had a much better narrative despite its flaws.

So year, Dunki is going to fare poorly at the box office despite being better than some mega hits. But it's not really hit material, either. It just floats somewhere between mediocrity and a hit. As I said mixed feelings.

I'll agree. It's a good movie but at times, some of the humor doesn't strike the cord or feels forced. I think only Vicky & SRK did their parts the best whereas the remainder of the cast's acting...their acting was ambivalent.

Some of the parts were bit over-executed though I did like it certain bits when they do revelation of how "glamorous" life is all sham for the illegal immigrants.

Originally posted by: Chemcart_MJ

I'll agree. It's a good movie but at times, some of the humor doesn't strike the cord or feels forced. I think only Vicky & SRK did their parts the best whereas the remainder of the cast's acting...their acting was ambivalent.

Some of the parts were bit over-executed though I did like it certain bits when they do revelation of how "glamorous" life is all sham for the illegal immigrants.

I didn't care for most jokes. I barely laughed. Unlike 3 idiots and PK where I laughed so much.