Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 12 months ago

Kathal review (Sanya Malhotra) contains spoilers

Mahima (Sanya) has good humour in a subtle way. She is a bright and promising officer.

Saurabh was cute like when he gave Mahima food or got beaten because he was listening to her ahimsa advice. Mahima used her brains in opening the door rather than strength and in khoya jalebi scene that they must be in Panna as they only paid 200rs was clever.

Rajpal yadav scenes were entertaining whether happy about the news or fact that he is trending. He gives an earnest performance.

Nice chase scene and he fell off.

The court scene was nice I liked the judge- the jackfruit can be harvested not women. Jackfruit was stolen at night Amiya kidnapped afternoon. Mahima is declared Innocent I liked respect women campaign.

Mahima Basor lead special cell now dsp, and Saurabh became sub inspector this was a point of argument for her father in their relationship as she wants to marry him. Saurabh and Mahima basoor scenes were cute. The Monkeys ate the jackfruits 😂

Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 months ago

In Halloween:

.The Boogeyman 5/10: I feel like for a long time no horror movie has been able to scare me, not even this one of Stephen King 😕

.The invitation 6/10 : Vampire vibes so and I was so into it 😂 liked it.

.Hocus Pocus 2 5/10: I adore the Sanderson sisters but the story of part 2 was so weak.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Just saw Jawan Netflix extended edition.

This is movie is full Paisa Vasool. smiley40smiley40It’s OTT but it works. I loved the Azad character more than Vikram. I think Azads escapades of taking people hostage could’ve gotten its own movie 🍿 smiley36 So many fun moments. The Mufasa/Simba dialogue ♥️ Basically any time Vikram/Azad were in same scene it was extremely entertaining smiley10smiley10I love Ramaiya Vastavaiya the song. It’s Srks movie all the way but I will make special mention for Nayanthara she has a great screen presence. smiley42I also loved Sanjays cameo 😂 If Vikram/Azad get a 2nd movie I would watch it. smiley40

Also Azads speech on voting was 🔥

Edited by Maroonporsche - 11 months ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Law & Order SVU: S25

I hope you don't think I am a psychopath for finding this show oddly comforting. The crimes are awful. But having a police force with empathy and commitment to solving the crimes is reassuring. Reality sucks! Most law enforcement agencies are often callous and dismissive, if not abusive. It is this fantasy element of law and order that makes it comforting. Can I have Mariska Hargitay comfort and cheer me on every day - for the heck of it?

Spiderman: Across the Spiderverse

I did not expect the sequel to Into the Spiderverse to hit so hard in the feels. There is a lot of gravitas as Miles Morales dives deep into the Spiderverse as he deals with his new arch nemesis, the Spot. The unique illustration styles, the quirky versions of spider-people/things (it includes Peter ParkedCar), and the loneliness and existential experienced by most of them, make for great storytelling. We wouldn't have Superhero fatigue if they put an effort into the hero's journey.

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Melody Maniacs

Omg 2- A cinematic gem. Stellar performances by Pankaj Tripathi, Akshay Kumar and Yami Gautam.

Edited by Aurora_77 - 10 months ago

Dream Girl 2

I am so disappointed this is an Ayushman Khurrana movie. It is completely insipid and dull. The humor caters to the least common denominator. It is full of tropes and dumb jokes. I cannot believe this was a hit.

The Great Indian Family

This movie deserved so much better. It is such a tender and nuanced tale of identity and upbringing. It is not perfect. But it has sincerity and heart. It is just the kind of introspective storytelling we need.

Looking For Her

There has been a great spurt of LGBTQ holiday movies. It's a classic cheesy Hallmark-type movie. A recently broken-up woman hires an actor to be her girlfriend to meet her parents for the holidays. Hallmark shenanigans ensue.

Paddington

I always dismissed Paddington as a mawkish kid's movie. But the rave reviews intrigued me. And while it is a mawkish kid's movie - it is deeper as well. It is a funny, cute, and heartwarming tale of finding a home and belonging.

Last Christmas

This is one of those guilty pleasure holiday films. The overall film is stunningly mediocre. But the George Michael soundtrack, the heartwarming Christmas spirit, and the tale of finding oneself and meaning in life have the makings of a guilty pleasure film. Emma Thompson, as Yugoslavian, is a trip.

It's interesting how both Paddington and Last Christmas have tones of immigration and belonging baked in.

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

The Black Phone

I loved this movie. Its on netflix. This movie resonated with me on a spiritual level. I cried a lot watching it.

Best. Christmas. Ever.

'Tis the season for bad cheesy Christmas movies. This one takes the cake. A silly plot riddled with holes, half-baked characters, and an oversimplified resolution. But holiday joy!!!!!

791198 thumbnail

Child’s Play 1

Child’s Play 2

Child’s Play 3

Bride of Chucky

Seed of Chucky

Will watch Cult of Chucky today