Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Bhool Bhulaiya 2

Finally watched after 1.5 yrs of its release. So glad I avoided all spoilers posted here and didn’t come across anywhere else.

Fantastic movie. Liked it more than BB1.

Suspense was more good here than BB1. Everyone acted so nicely. Comedy was hilarious. Bigg boss dialogue smiley36

Kiara looked like a dream and her acting was superb. No wonder she got all the praise.

Kartik was also very good. Saw teaser of BB3, again Kartik.. good that he was continued

Spoilers ..

Some questions on the movie.

1. Why did sisters interchange their clothes?

2. Why did the ghost killed all the ⁰tantris? She could have explained if she was a good ghost so to speak.

^ can anyone shed some light on this...?

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

A Simple Favor

On Netflix

Last date to watch on Netflix: 31st Oct

Loved the movie.

It is based on true story. Suspense with good sense of humor. Twists and turns keep it interesting.

Blake Lively smiley27

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Made in Heaven S2

More like Made in Hell, am I right? Even the most die-hard romantic would probably become cynical of happily ever afters. You wonder, what are the ugly truths and dark secrets hidden behind every shiny happy perfect couple.

The main leads have become far more insufferable and vile this season. Even the naive but ambitious romantic Jazz becomes problematic. The weddings in season one though bleak had some silver lining to them. Season 2 is just chaotic, darker, with very few redemptive arcs.

The breath of fresh air is transwoman Meher who appears to have a good head on her shoulders as she navigates the pitfalls of made in heaven. But the season is owned by Mona Singh's Bulbul Jauhari. Originally, coming off as antagonistic and old fashioned, the new auditor and stakeholder Bulbul has hands down the best character arc of the show. In fact, its one of the best character arcs ever. Mona Singh's perseverance and grace through the challenges that surround her make the season worth watching.

Also shout out to Roman and Julie who end up not marrying but may have had the most romantic and mature arc of them all. Love doesn't always have happy endings or happily ever afters. But its the moments in a realtionship and how they treat each other that count.

---

Mild spoiler territory below.

Bulbul is a domestic violence survivor, alluded in the second episode. She is also dealing with an insolent rebellious older son whose behavior is problematic to the point of being complicit in sexual assault.

I think the show tries to cast aspersions that her husband Jauhari maybe the perpetrator. There are hints like MIH staff wondering if he is too old for her and especially when she laments her son has gone on his father. But I was like - no way - there is no way he is the perpetrator - he is not showing any signs. First, he gives his wife financial control over his stake in a business - not something abusers do. He never raises his hand or voice on his wife or kids and always addresses everyone in a calm demeanor even when others are in the wrong - not something abusers do. He heaps public praise on his wife - not something abusers do. Finally, he is the most calm parent during the sexual assault meetings and supportive of the victim.

But Bulbul is a force to reckon with. She clearly loves her son and wants the best for him. But when he is complicit in a sexual assault she pushes till he does the right thing. And she performs the role so well.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

My OMG2 review- contains mini spoilers

The subject of sexual education/ masturbation is unique in Bollywood and presented well without being cheap. All act superbly. I liked Pankaj and Akshay most, Akshay gives strength like God gives us strength. Shivling emerged from shakti womb. Kanti uses religious or popular books as reference eg ayurveda, kamasutra. Kanti Vivek and family suffer a lot but Kanti doesn’t lose hope. How you phrase things is important. Kamini (Yami) is a competent lawyer and Yami does well in this role. I liked the prostitute stand as a witness. There are some comic moments like the machine. Great climax Vivek Pankaj Judge and Akshay were amazing. Vivek gave a closing speech.

Totally Killer

Thirty-five years ago, a serial killer killed three teenage girls, stabbing each sixteen times. Now, the killer is back, killing more people connected to the victims. While escaping the killer, Jamie is accidentally transported to 1987, where she attempts to stop the killer before he strikes.

A fun time travel slasher flick. It combines Scream, Halloween, and Back to the Future into a teenage murder mystery. Kiernan Shipka is impeccable as the sarcastic, angsty teenager Jamie. It was a trip to see Julie Bowen outside Modern Family.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

OMG-2

Good movie. I felt Pankaj Tripathi leading the film is what worked against the movie. A leading actor should've been casted and then the film would've blown up for sure.

Banned

Posted: a year ago

[Post Removed]

Posted: 12 months ago

Watching shows and movies is the best way to pass a flight. I carry my own headphones, so I start watching as soon as I am settled in. I don't know when we take off or land. Although God forbid I have a flight without seatback entertainment. I get so bored.

Ghosts (US) S1

The UK Ghosts was a quirky, charming, and delightful comedy. It's full of fun characters and delightful humor. People are often wary when the US remakes UK shows. But the US rendition of Ghosts does a sincere recreation, retaining key characters while creating some new ones. I'm also delighted to have Rose McIver of iZombie fame back in a leading role. She was brilliant in that show.

Bring it On

I never get bored of this movie. It is incredible how an early 2000s comedy still holds up today. It is the OG movie about cultural appropriation and white privilege. But one that does so in a humorous and entertaining manner. Not for one moment does the movie ever feel preachy or woke. This is how movies, even those with a social message, should be.

Joy Ride

A surprisingly heartwarming film about cultural identity and being Asian. Adopted by white parents, Audrey has never been fully comfortable with her Asian identity. But her best friend, Lolo, keeps her grounded and connected to her roots. When a business trip takes Audrey to China, it will test their friendship and identities. Like 'No Hard Feelings' it is an extremely raunchy movie with a sincere and sensitive message about finding one's true self.

17 Again

I can't believe I never watched this movie when it came out. The film is full of dated cliches and the stalking as romance trope. It barely holds up. But it is nevertheless entertaining. I actually found the scenes between teenage Mike and grown-up Scarlet most entertaining.

Abbot Elementary S2

Teachers are the unsung and overworked heroes of our society. Can you believe it that the people responsible for churning out tomorrow's space explorers and cancer curers are grossly underpaid and underappreciated? And kudos to Quinta Brunson and her team for presenting that bleak reality in such a cheerful demeanor.

When I pay of my student loans and mortgage - I may consider becoming a substitute teacher. This show inspires me to give back.

Old Dads

The movie does a great job of portraying the frustration some people, especially men, feel in the light of the young, woke generation. Jack, Connor, and Mike are definitely problematic men with problematic views. But they're not bad people. They sincerely want to do the right thing but don't know better. But condescension instead of dialogue pushes them over the edge. Where the movie falters is the absence of a substantial plot. It lazily meanders over a series of events and there is no major focus in the story.

No Hard Feelings

I had to watch it as soon as it made its Netflix debut. Seriously, it's such a funny and heartwarming film.

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Posted: 12 months ago

Gadar 2 review this contains small spoilers

Tara (Sunny) is endearing and innocent. Tara is a bit hot-headed and Sunny has dhai kilo ka haath here too. He gets very angry with his son Charanjeet but loves him immensely too. Sunny sent to help with ammunitions and fighting. Iqbal wants revenge waited 17 years.

Sakina (Amisha) cute as a mother and wife but I didn’t like her eye colour (lenses). She is good in most scenes except one scene when she finds out about tara she can do overacting.

Jeet is on a mission to bring back his dad he meets muskaan (Pakistani girl) and it goes slightly wrong. They both look cute

Lovely songs like dil jhoom and they recreated gadar1 songs

Tv actors Gaurav Chopra, Rajesh Khera and Mushtaq Khan act well.

The movie is enjoyable. I prefer Sunny Amisha but Jeet Muskaan are also good. Nice ending and message about unity. They did not show Muslims/Pakistanis as bad people mainly Hamid Iqbal is the villain.