Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Tumse Na Ho Paayega, streaming on Hotstar

If you have visited the main IF page, there is an IF article about Mahima being this stunner in the movie, which ain't true.

Tbh, Gaurav(tha actor, who was lead in the webshow Men's World, YRF/YouTube) outshone everyone in the movie and another actress who played a mom had some beautiful moments.

Coming to the plot: It's about Gaurav (Ishwak Singh) who gets fired from a corporate job he doesnt really like to begin with and him and his besties (played by Gaurav and Gurpreet, more focus given to Gaurav's character, I don't even know why Gurpreet's on the poster) and his long time crush played by Mahima try to make it big while being judged by their family, friends and arch rivals mother-son duo(played by Karan Jotwani and amazing Meghna Malik)

If you are in corporate sector, ig it's a good weekend watch, maybe not as amazing as TVF Pitchers (I am still to watch S2) but I kind of like that they do get into the tech details, atleast on surface level (wish they went a little deep, especially for a scene that causes the two friends some serious trouble)

No2Pencil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

You want to crack a deal ?... oh the audacity!!! smiley36smiley7 ...what about your past deals with me that you never fulfilled ?!

I have few Brisbane pics too.. you wanna see ?? smiley15

Anyway, because I am a good friend - ill give you one more chance... you can go tommorow to Lone Pine Koala sanctuary.. and hug a koala and post a selfie with it - I'll tell you your last 25 mins, cool ?

Originally posted by: No2Pencil

You want to crack a deal ?... oh the audacity!!! smiley36smiley7 ...what about your past deals with me that you never fulfilled ?!

I have few Brisbane pics too.. you wanna see ?? smiley15

Anyway, because I am a good friend - ill give you one more chance... you can go tommorow to Lone Pine Koala sanctuary.. and hug a koala and post a selfie with it - I'll tell you your last 25 mins, cool ?

Cuz I cant be farked 🤯

I'd just like to point out a few things penny. I told you Imma sleep.. and when i woke...

At the airport, you said get coffee...i listened. I slept, woke up... I watched a movie.. and I told you . But what have you been doing?

.. anyway can you quickly pick another thing. I am not a tourist .. lol .. I'll take you to sunnybank plaza. lololol it's a run down asian shopping complex ... a bit smelly too.. . 15 mins drive from where I live. Give u a true blue Asian aussie experience

Koalas are smelly btw... and have claws. You hug one ..

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Ive been watching alot of these podcasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zsMCSCUbc

No2Pencil thumbnail

smiley36

I'll hug one for sure! at least they will smell better than the disgusting asian peking ducks - You can stay in asian plaza.

I told you to sleep cuz you were sleepy, I told you to get coffee cuz you were SLEEPY. Imagine sleeping in the airport's lounge only to get up knowing you have missed the flight. I will appreciate a thanks!

Deals and you don't go well, you always do what you want to do - empty promises smiley18

..but I like you so I'll tell you the story with no conditions.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Ive been watching lots of Shameless Shorts smiley36

Originally posted by: No2Pencil

smiley36

I'll hug one for sure! at least they will smell better than the disgusting asian peking ducks - You can stay in asian plaza.

I told you to sleep cuz you were sleepy, I told you to get coffee cuz you were SLEEPY. Imagine sleeping in the airport's lounge only to get up knowing you have missed the flight. I will appreciate a thanks!

Deals and you don't go well, you always do what you want to do - empty promises smiley18

..but I like you so I'll tell you the story with no conditions.

Sorry for sleeping for 36 hours or whatever the new record is that I set.

It was a food coma. I woke up 2 times ..only to eat and consequently crash again. They should not of packed me birthday cake.

Anyway .. hopefully you have watched the movie? I'll look around and see if it's being streamed anywhere.

Asian plaza was really good... Have you tried coconut fried milk?

I saw Peking duck ..but I didn't get close. Yuck

No2Pencil thumbnail

Originally posted by: D3viL

Asian plaza was really good... Have you tried coconut fried milk?

I saw Peking duck ..but I didn't get close. Yuck

I live in Wisconsin where only milk and beer flows! Ofc, I have eaten it.. I don't think there is any food left that has not been deep fried.. even fried food is double fried. 😭😂

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

No2Pencil and D3vil - don't yuck someone's yums. While you may not care for Peking Duck, there is no reason to call it disgusting or yuck.

---

Anyhoo, I have one episode left in Only Murders in the Building S3 and two left for Made in Heaven S2. Reviews coming soon.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Only Murders in the Building S3

In 2021, at the heels of the pandemic came the delightful 'Only murders in the building.' Tapping into the global obsession with true crime and podcasts, the show provided a fresh take on the investigative drama - presenting itself as a quirky comedy instead.

Steve Martin, the comedy maven who co-created the show, initially planned on a cast of older men. His long-time comedy partner Martin Short was a given. But then Selena Gomez came in like a curve ball. Her casting was written off as a stunt to appeal to younger and female audiences. I, too, was very skeptical of her casting.

But then she hit it out of the park. Selena Gomez's Mabel Mora grounds the antics of Charles Hayden Savage and Oliver Putnam, played by Steve Martin and Martin Short, respectively. As the old men spiral into their wild theories and physical comedy, Mabel provides deadpan humor along with occasional gravitas. Prior to this, Selena Gomez's only memorable acting role was Alex Russo on Wizards of Waverly Place.

This season, she doesn't just have to match comic pace and timing with an iconic duo with decades of comic performances; she also has to share screen space with Meryl Streep and Paul Rudd, two more stars with many more accolades under their belt. And she holds her own, managing to hold her own amidst giants. Only murders often make me go back to Wizards of Waverly Place because Alex Russo is such a fantastic character.

But the brightest star this season is Martin Short's Oliver Putnam, who shines in Broadway's glitz, glamor, and camp. He gets to heighten the ante and push the boundaries with his obsessiveness and flamboyance. Even saying Death Rattle Dazzle makes me chuckle.

Paul Rudd's Ben Glenroy dies in the first episode, but his flashbacks of a Hollywood diva with some vulnerable moments are fantastic. Meryl Streep is well, Meryl Streep. The woman can do no wrong, but I wish the role had challenged her more.

Anyway, while S3 is perhaps the best acting, - I felt the plot was a bit lacking. With Charles Savage romancing Joy and Oliver Putnam obsessed with his play, Mabel Mora is often let to investigate on her own. She finds a co-investigator in Tobert, but it does not have the charm and delightfulness of the original trio. The final reveal didn't have the twists and turns and drama of the first two seasons. But most telling for me was - I didn't care who killed Ben Glenroy.

With Tim Kono and Bunny, there were haunted pasts and names to clear. There were real, tangible human stakes. The fate of a Broadway show - even if it is Oliver Putnam's darling baby doesn't seem as incentive enough. I also missed the antagonism with the cops as the trio kept interfering with their investigations.

Hopefully, S4 can return back to the charm that made us fall in love with the trio. If not, it maybe time to call it.