Users

Frequent Posters

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

along came a spider

On Netflix.

Last date to watch is September 30th in India

What a fantastic movie. smiley10 The portrayal of characters was very well done and the story was complex. The little girl kidnapped acted so well. Morgan Freeman was brilliant. Good suspense and thriller.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Sex Education: S4

Season four is easily the weakest in the show. I get the intention of the creators to give characters less-than-perfect send-offs. After all, real life does not play out like a picture-perfect romcom. As a result, though, they stray away from the show's heart.

Sex Education was a hilarious dive into the sexual lives and curiosities of hormonal teens. It was messy, imperfect, filled with drama and scandal, but also charming, sweet, and fun at the same time. Season four, however, completely does with the charm and sweetness for a lot of heavy drama. Not a single plotline feels breezy or fun.

It was also not a great idea to drop beloved characters and introduce so many new characters. Many shows indeed do this to keep the plot fresh through seasons. But when you are ending a show, it is absolutely unnecessary. There is no time to develop any of the characters.

And the set of new queer and/or disabled characters is completely unrelatable. There is minimal backstory for us to get invested in them. Their problems are so unique that they don't connect to the average teenage experience.

The only upside for me was the Otis and Maeve resolution. After almost losing interest in them in the first few episodes, their conclusion was the perfect bittersweet open-ended question. The less that is said about the other plots, the better. I am going to pretend the show concluded in Season 3 when Moordale Secondary shut down.

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Watched RARKPK..finally a movie we could finish at one go..

Honestly didn't think much about the first half.. everyone overacted and plot seemed flimsy..was wondering why Rani was laughing so much for no reason..what was so enticing or even funny about Rocky's antics that she laughed at his every word..

And Dharamji's character going n trying to kiss a random lady at party was cringe 10x

Alia looked pretty.. prettier than she has ever looked..Ranveer not so much.

But second half was really good.. elevated the film overall. It took the right sides, brought out the right points. That u can't judge a person for the way he/she is conditioned since childhood. Yes u can point out the wrongs, u can give n opinion but can't ridicule people for holding a different opinion. It isn't my way or highway.

Instead of going to the extremes it tried to find a balance between two different ideologies..a word Alia used quite a few times..

Aloo was decent in second half, RS acted better in emotional scenes than when he was clowning around.. supporting cast was good. But 2 people to disappoint were the ones who r most accomplished. Jaya B overacted and Shabana's accent was off..seemed Christian more than Bengali

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Sex Education S4

Spoiler-filled character rants about plots that bothered me most.

Jean Milburn - She was done dirty. For three seasons, we see her as a single mother and successful career woman in charge of her life. To see her fall apart was such a downer. The message about postpartum depression was so important, but it could have been done without throwing so much shit in her life.

Vivienne Odasunya - Introduced in season 2, she was endearing as a type-A nerd who loosens up and develops a sweet friendship with Jackson. She gets an important plot line with her abusive and controlling boyfriend, Beau. I mean, even I was rooting for Beau initially. But the plot resolves so hastily it felt like the challenges of an abusive relationship were not fully explored.

O - Honestly, I didn't care for the character. I thought she was an awful person. Part of it was because I was rooting for protagonist Otis. But largely because she was a terrible person who hid behind a facade and got away with it. She bullied Ruby as a child. She cared for her therapy business more than the people she was hurting. She was condescending and hostile toward Otis and just overall self-aggrandizing.

Cal Bowman - In Season 3, Cal felt like a token addition. But I somewhat enjoyed them. They had a laidback, chill attitude. They were confident and stood up for themselves. They guided another nonbinary classmate. And in general, they built relationships. I did not get them or like them this season. They were in a much more supportive and inclusive school. Their mother was trying so hard to be supportive and supportive, and queer and trans classmates surrounded them. A girl they like also reciprocates their feelings. However, they are so pissy and annoying this season. It was like they didn't appreciate all the good in their life and needed a reason to be miserable. If the intent was to garner sympathy for trans folk, it was the opposite for me.

Eric Effiong - To be honest, I, too, felt that Eric was reveling in being with the popular crowd and was ignoring Otis. While Otis was immature in confronting Eric about it - Eric never acknowledged his shitty behavior. As a queer person, it is true that sometimes straight people do not understand the queer experience - but that has never been a reason for me to value straight friendships any less. It felt so unfair that Eric was willing to ditch Otis after so many years as friends. Granted, Otis did the same to Eric - but it was with Maeve, a girl he really really liked but not some random friend. Also the God/Jesus elements were so freaking bizarre.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani

I saw it. I’d say it was a 7 out of 10. There was for sure an attempt of these characters to be extra woke. I didn’t care for that. Everything else was cool. I like Dhindora a lot. The rest of the songs are passable. Ranveer man saved this movie. Probably one of the favorite performances of him. Prosperous Urban Punjabi Youth smiley37smiley37 Everybody else did well. Kudos to the actor who played Ranveers dad also. smiley40smiley40 I’ve only seen 3 movies from 2023 but I’d say this was the best one

JustWandering thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Kyahikahoon

Watched RARKPK..finally a movie we could finish at one go..

Honestly didn't think much about the first half.. everyone overacted and plot seemed flimsy..was wondering why Rani was laughing so much for no reason..what was so enticing or even funny about Rocky's antics that she laughed at his every word..

And Dharamji's character going n trying to kiss a random lady at party was cringe 10x

Alia looked pretty.. prettier than she has ever looked..Ranveer not so much.

But second half was really good.. elevated the film overall. It took the right sides, brought out the right points. That u can't judge a person for the way he/she is conditioned since childhood. Yes u can point out the wrongs, u can give n opinion but can't ridicule people for holding a different opinion. It isn't my way or highway.

Instead of going to the extremes it tried to find a balance between two different ideologies..a word Alia used quite a few times..

Aloo was decent in second half, RS acted better in emotional scenes than when he was clowning around.. supporting cast was good. But 2 people to disappoint were the ones who r most accomplished. Jaya B overacted and Shabana's accent was off..seemed Christian more than Bengali

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxkaVXcPuVM/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Word Count: 1

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

😂😂

Tu kya hai yaar Rocky😅

One more memorable Alia Alaap after 'Shivaaaa'

priya185 thumbnail

Comedy Crew

Zara Hatke Zara Bachke

I liked both the leads but Sara was better Vicky was not as good as usual. Vicky's teeth look was amusing

the family was nice especially the kid and Vicky's onscreen dad

Tere Vaaste and Phir aur kya Chahiye are amazing songs. They could have had more songs

Overall film is good and has a unique subject. Some of the twists are predictable

I didn't like the movie ending regarding the house they could have just used the house after they got pregnant. It's a bit impractical

Watched ..most of

No Hard Feelings

So penny .. I woke up after an hour and decided to watch no hard Feelings.. its an hour and 30 mins .. and I only managed to watch 1 hour and 10 mins.

It was sooo unexpectedly funny .. I was laughing out loud ..I don't know if it was because I was sleepy or .. no I am sure it was funny.

Here Brisbane airport at its finest.. terrible pics.. but I can't take good pics .. just good selfies lolol

Screenshot_20230929-170531_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230929-170542_Gallery.jpg

How about .. you google brisbane and tell me what you want to see and I'll visit it tomorrow. ? In return you tell me about the final 25 mins of the movie! Deal...?

Put a tracker on me penny :p

Edited by D3viL - 1 years ago
dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Rocky Aur Rani Kii Prem Kahaani

Could'nt finish it.Hate it when movies preach but more so when they are insincere.

Watched a Ranveer movie after ages and he looks really unattractive and as for Alia , all I could think of was how glorious Sushmita Sen looked in sarees in Main Hoon Na.