Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Secret Invasion

Meh. The MCU exhausts me now. I am watching just to keep up with the narrative for the next movie - that I may or may not like.

You're So Not Invited to My Bat Mitzvah

It's kind of a nepo movie as Adam Sandler ropes in his wife and two daughters for the movie.

But it's also a surprisingly sweet movie of teenage troubles, coming of age, and realizing the important things in life. Two best friends have a major falling out over a boy. Both make mistakes and have their immature moments. The movie is about their journey drifting apart and back together.

I chuckled at the crack about a character being asked "so you're straight." The movie also has a refreshing take on mean girls without completely making them one note high school vamps.

A fun family movie about growing up.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Air

An interesting story of how Air Jordans came to be. Nike really made one big gamble. A packed star cast makes for an interesting story.

Champions

A heartwarming tale about a special needs basketball team. It shows the hopes, aspirations, and challenges faced by special needs people and their families.

Elemental

It is clear that millennial immigrant children are making movie. The past few Disney and Pixar movies have been about generational trauma and growing up immigrant. Young Ember is a fire element and has been raised to be suspicious and wary of other elements, especially water. However, when Ember accidentally runs into Wade, a water element, they slowly fall in love, It's a tender tale of looking beyond the biases, humanizing each other, and giving trust and hope a chance.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2

It is not as joyful and plot-driven as the first one. But it is still such a delightful film. Mana Yiaya had be in splts. Cousin Angelo (Joey Fatone) coming out was sweet. I enjoy the Greek wedding series because so much of the OTT Greekness reminds me of OTT within South Asians.

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Suzhal the vortex - Tamil series on Prime

Loved the scale, the spectacle, the whodunit story which remained interesting till the slightly anti-climatic climax where the makers had to make a very typical Bollywoodish song and dance about killing the villian.

Talked about sensitive issues but somehow it never felt like they were going through a checklist like Kohraa.

Edited by dahibhalle - 1 years ago
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Such good memories of this one!

Used to watch this after school on Nick. Kel was a cutie

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: DanceUntilWeDie

Such good memories of this one!

Used to watch this after school on Nick. Kel was a cutie

this one also

https://youtu.be/3GIwebFLjyM?si=QpzSKE0od3g7PAKF

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Journey of Love 18+ is a rom-com about a just-legal couple planning their elopement. Go for a Court marriage or go for a temple wedding? Should the groom's best friend be a part of the plan? After all he's friends with the bride's brother too. What if the bride gets periods on her wedding day and can't enter the temple? What does "attached blouse" actually mean? Where to get wedding sari and mangalsutra on a bandh day? More importantly how to finance the elopement? What was initially a simple plan to get married and come back home and present a fait accompli to the family devolves into a bigger mess. At one point the hapless groom wonders as he crosses the state border to escape the pursuing bride's family "When did our life become a Tamil film?" As tensions escalate the underlying case and class feelings in what is an egalitarian Leftist party village come out and shows the hypocrisy within even the mild-mannered, reasonable, educated people.

Nikhila Vimal's cameo as the newly minted lady-magistrate who has to deal with this on her very first day is awesome. Her meltdown behind closed doors is one of the film's best jokes. Her chemistry with the lead Naslen and Mathew from previous films helps in setting the mood.

This might be the only film which talks about the legalities of a Court Marriage and the detailed steps to be followed. You can't just walk in and sign a piece of paper and get married. This isn't Vegas.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Primal Fear : smiley10 Superb!!!

On Netflix.

Last date to watch is September 30th in India

Richard Gere smiley27

Lawyer defending a murder accused. How the trial enfolds with new circumstances coming to highlight.

Extremely well made and superb acting and story wise terrific. So glad caught this movie before it goes off Netflix.

---------------

The Net: loved it!

On Netflix.

Sandra Bullock is a hacker and gets her identity taken away. It is about her flight to get her identity back.

______

There are many other movies which are going off Netflix on 30th September in India. Trying to watch them as seem interesting

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Autumnn

Primal Fear : smiley10 Superb!!!

On Netflix.

Richard Gere smiley27

Lawyer defending a murder accused. How the trial enfolds with new circumstances coming to highlight.

Extremely well made and superb acting and story wise terrific. So glad caught this movie before it goes off Netflix.

---------------

The Net: loved it!

On Netflix.

Sandra Bullock is a hacker and gets her identity taken away. It is about her flight to get her identity back.

______

There are many other movies which are going off Netflix on 30th September in India. Trying to watch them as seem interesting

Yeah the 90s... Early to mid 2000s is when HW stopped making good stuff

Anyway IDK if U know this but Primal Fear was made in BW as Deewangee. They copied the sound track too

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Yeah the 90s... Early to mid 2000s is when HW stopped making good stuff

Anyway IDK if U know this but Primal Fear was made in BW as Deewangee. They copied the sound track too

I was not aware of the movie Deewange. Glad I watched Primal Fear first instead of hindi version. Richard Gere is love.

Yes earlier HW movies are great.