Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

791198 thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Bulbul. I don’t know how to feel or what to say. Had to fast forward through the rape scene and mute the mutilation scene. Ugh. Why do I do this to myself.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Heartstopper S2

To be honest, I binged this show for the usage of 'Seven' in the season finale. But, as a result, I found this absolutely adorable teenage romcom.

Heartstopper is a lovely, well-made show with earnest acting, wonderful character development, and poignant storytelling about finding one's identity in the world. In addition to Nick and Charlie this season, other characters like Tao and Elle + Darcy and Tara all get well-etched narratives. Isaac, the shy, quiet boy, also gets some self-discovery.

I'm also thrilled that Imogen is getting a supportive friend group that enables her to develop self-confidence and self-worth. Ben's presence was annoying and obnoxious, but the plot was resolved with satisfying closure.

The use of 'Seven' for the Dary and Tara scene was everything I expected and more. I actually cried because the scene captured the heartbreak and hope of young love and innocence that so many of us felt listening to the song on Folklore.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Maroonporsche thumbnail

Cocaine Bear

This movie is off the rails. It is a wild ride with an endless gory body count. It was fun seeing character actor Margo Martindale in such an unhinged movie. The movie is careful not to develop too many major character arcs or sympathies, so you are rooting for the bear all along. Fortunately, this bear has a happy ending vs. the real-life cocaine bear.

The movie could have been cleverer and funnier, though. It does get flat and repetitive at points but points for having so many unique kills.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Vice TV docu series dark side of ring is fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGgYahBuZi4

Bottoms

Bottoms is a campy, quirky, violent, and absurdist high-school comedy. PJ and Josie are unpopular lesbian best-friends. The two accidentally start a fight-club in their high school to score with cheerleaders. The result is a messy and surprisingly gory drama unfolding about love, friendship, and finding community. Yep, this high-school comedy has a kill count.

I thought the irreverent comedy was dead with the rise of politically correct puritanical culture. But after 'No Hard Feelings,' Bottoms bucks societal norms of appropriateness. Right from the "ugly untalented gays" in the trailer and the cancellation of feminism in the movie - the movie is chock full irreverent and perhaps non-pc jokes to make pc points.

After the breakout success of Ayo and Rachel are Single, Ayo Edebiri and Rachel Sennot have emerged as chameleon actors who flit between high drama and comedy with ease. The Bear and Bodies Bodies Bodies are on my to watch list.

Special mention must go to Nicholas Galitzine and Marshawn Lynch. Galitzine's asshole football quarterback Jeff is such a far cry from his sweet closeted prince Henry in Red White and Royal Blue. And man, Marshawn Lynch of Beastquake fame (sorry Taylor broke your record) is hilarious as Mr. G with his deadpan delivery of the wildest lines. This was on par with Packers in Pitch Perfect 2.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail

Friday Night Party

When their mom takes off on a business trip, two bickering brothers unite to secretly attend the hottest party of the year before she returns.

Starring: Babil Khan, Amrith Jayan with Juhi Chawla

Its a good weekend watch if you have nothing to watch but need a feel good movie. Elder siblings with relate to Babil a lot. Reminded me of Class because the sets do look like Posh Delhi side.

dahibhalle thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Watched two gorgeous South Indian movies on Prime.

'96- Slow and a bit annoying initially but then evolved into a beautiful tale of love and nostalgia.

Aachar & Co-simple and delightful.