Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

I don't see her going back to Marvel or big franchises anymore. I don't think she enjoys those films, plus she anyway gets paid big for small films. No Hard Feelings was a 25 million dollar check for her.

She recently said she would play Katniss again if given the opportunity. She seems fond of Hunger Games. I think she will sign the right big-budget film if it comes by.

MCU has become bloated. There is too much commitment expected from the stars and fans. Elizabeth Olsen has lamented how it limited the kind of films she could commit to. So I can see why those who want to do Indie films may stay away.

It's a bummer because I was excited that X-Men are part of the MCU. I loved that franchise until Apocalypse. Perhaps I can still hope for a cameo.

Originally posted by: ohophelia

That's true of a lot of shows these days regardless of the streaming originals. You and Never have I ever, Sex Ed haven't been good since the second season honestly. There are pretty great apple originals like Ted Lasso, Dickinson, The Morning Show, Mythic Quest, Severance (soo bloody good, how is there no hype) which apple's marketing team is not banking on.

The only Netflix original worth noting is Stranger Things for me.

Ted Lasso is cute, but I never got the hype. I really want to see Dickinson. My coworkers are raving about Smigadoon. But I can't afford one more subscription now.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Ted Lasso is cute, but I never got the hype. I really want to see Dickinson. My coworkers are raving about Smigadoon. But I can't afford one more subscription now.

Ted Lasso is America's vision of what living in UK is like. It's feel good. I didn't care for it much either. In a sea of formulaic Netflix originals Ted Lasso was a breather though. Dickinson is great. You should watch it. Ayo Edebiri (hope I wrote it right, don't wanna google) wrote for the show. She stars in The Bear now.

I don't care for musicals, I actually hate anything musical lol. God knows how I sat through Kimmy Schmidt. So yea will not watch Smigadoon.

If you don't wanna take a subscription and have lax morals and kind of a daredevil with spam ads, watch it on Fmovies. That's what I do. 😆 I only have one sub (Disney+)

Edit: just checked, it's available in HD. Happy viewing!

Edited by ohophelia - 1 years ago

Ted Lasso is America's vision of what living in UK is like. It's feel good. I didn't care for it much either. In a sea of formulaic Netflix originals Ted Lasso was a breather though. Dickinson is great. You should watch it. Ayo Edebiri (hope I wrote it right, don't wanna google) wrote for the show. She stars in The Bear now.

I don't care for musicals, I actually hate anything musical lol. God knows how I sat through Kimmy Schmidt. So yea will not watch Smigadoon.

If you don't wanna take a subscription and have lax morals and kind of a daredevil with spam ads, watch it on Fmovies. That's what I do. 😆 I only have one sub (Disney+)

Edit: just checked, it's available in HD. Happy viewing!

Ayo of Rachel and Ayo? Bottoms is on my watch list for this year because they're hilarious. Now I MUST watch Dickinson and the Bear.

My parents do Disney Plus/Hulu and Zee5. I do HBO Max and Netflix. Although Netflix has become a pain. I usually get my brother-in-law to download Apple shows onto their Plex when I am pet-sitting for them. But he forgot to download Dickinson and only did Top Chef.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Ayo of Rachel and Ayo? Bottoms is on my watch list for this year because they're hilarious. Now I MUST watch Dickinson and the Bear.

My parents do Disney Plus/Hulu and Zee5. I do HBO Max and Netflix. Although Netflix has become a pain. I usually get my brother-in-law to download Apple shows onto their Plex when I am pet-sitting for them. But he forgot to download Dickinson and only did Top Chef.

Yep. Ayo of Rachel and Ayo. I saw a recent interview of her where she revealed watching a young Hailey of Dickinson in some movie as a kid and turning sweet on acting and drama. And then she got to write for her.

I'm in season 2 of The Bear and it's GOOD. But the show largely rests on Jeremy Allen White's shoulders. Ayo still shines though.

Have you watched Ayo and Rachel are single shorts on YT? It's on Comedy Central's channel and it's whack lol

I can never keep up with so many subs with my social sector earnings. I get paid peanuts 😆

Edited by ohophelia - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

She recently said she would play Katniss again if given the opportunity. She seems fond of Hunger Games. I think she will sign the right big-budget film if it comes by.

MCU has become bloated. There is too much commitment expected from the stars and fans. Elizabeth Olsen has lamented how it limited the kind of films she could commit to. So I can see why those who want to do Indie films may stay away.

It's a bummer because I was excited that X-Men are part of the MCU. I loved that franchise until Apocalypse. Perhaps I can still hope for a cameo.

I am not sure if she will touch X-Men for a full outing because of how much hate she used to get. She was the original Brie Larson for MCU fanboys. 😆

There are rumours of multiple X-Men actors returning for one off cameos in Deadpool 3, so that's probably still in play.

I think if she picks up a big budget project, it will be something led by her like Barbie or Cruella.

Yep. Ayo of Rachel and Ayo. I saw a recent interview of her where she revealed watching a young Hailey of Dickinson in some movie as a kid and turning sweet on acting and drama. And then she got to write for her.

I'm in season 2 of The Bear and it's GOOD. But the show largely runs on Jeremy Allen White's shoulders. Ayo still shines though.

Have you watched Ayo and Rachel are single shorts on YT? It's on Comedy Central's channel and it's whack lol

I can never keep up so many subs with my social sector earnings. I get paid peanuts 😆

I'm in higher ed. Not much better than the social sector. DEI to boot, so I live with an axe on my head.

I very recently discovered Rachel and Ayo. I'll have to watch their shorts because they are off the wall in the Bottoms trailer.

I am not sure if she will touch X-Men for a full outing because of how much hate she used to get. She was the original Brie Larson for MCU fanboys. 😆

There are rumours of multiple X-Men actors returning for one off cameos in Deadpool 3, so that's probably still in play.

I think if she picks up a big budget project, it will be something led by her like Barbie or Cruella.

MCU fanboys would rather have a testosterone-fueled circle jerk than give a female character any substance. Although, some comic book nerds do have legitimate problems with Captain Marvel.

Deadpool movies have been fun, but I am wary now that mutants are being merged into MCU.

Are there still many solo female big productions in the works? Barbie is a pet project of Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig who are committed to female-led films. But otherwise, most are streaming movies.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

MCU fanboys would rather have a testosterone-fueled circle jerk than give a female character any substance. Although, some comic book nerds do have legitimate problems with Captain Marvel.

Deadpool movies have been fun, but I am wary now that mutants are being merged into MCU.

Are there still many solo female big productions in the works? Barbie is a pet project of Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig who are committed to female-led films. But otherwise, most are streaming movies.

Yeah, star-led vehicles rarely happen in theatres. So she would have to go find something that works for her. Hasbro just announced films for all their toys, so I am sure she could find something if she was committed to it. There's always T-Swizzle's directorial debut. 😆

Speaking of MCU, it appears more Fox actors are being officially confirmed. 😆

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1677419037284872192?s=20

Yeah, star-led vehicles rarely happen in theatres. So she would have to go find something that works for her. Hasbro just announced films for all their toys, so I am sure she could find something if she was committed to it. There's always T-Swizzle's directorial debut. 😆

Speaking of MCU, it appears more Fox actors are being officially confirmed. 😆

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1677419037284872192?s=20

I wanted Taytay to direct Evelyn Hugo. But JLaw would make a great Rebecca Harkness.

OMG! I had forgotten about Jennifer Garner's Elektra.