Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Funny how tastes vary. I'm thinking of seeing it a third time. I thought the role really tapped into her goofy personality and sense of humor. She's already played a Marvel character (albeit not MCU).

Is there any reason why you didn't like it?

She didn't played a marvel character btw because her role is similar to Gulshan Deviah's character from hunterrr and this movie objectify men's also and it also ruined actors career i remember neve campbell ruined her career by doing these type of roles what j law did in no hard feelings back in 1998 and she's now relying on scream series if she wants to do goofy side she should've taken barbie as it's a non vulgar movie the only English movie of 2023 I'm liking is Ruby gillman teenage Kraken and I'm waiting for Oppenheimer

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: anikamathur

She didn't played a marvel character btw because her role is similar to Gulshan Deviah's character from hunterrr and this movie objectify men's also and it also ruined actors career i remember neve campbell ruined her career by doing these type of roles what j law did in no hard feelings back in 1998 and she's now relying on scream series if she wants to do goofy side she should've taken barbie as it's a non vulgar movie the only English movie of 2023 I'm liking is Ruby gillman teenage Kraken and I'm waiting for Oppenheimer

Jennifer Lawrence was Mystique in the X-Men First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, and Dark Phoenix. Mystique is a Marvel character. But the movies were not part of the MCU unless they are retconned.

It seems like you have a problem with raunchy jokes and comedy. Your choice. But raunchy or sexual doesn't mean a bad movie. I think it allowed Jennifer Lawrence to do a starring role in comedy and revive the mid-budget studio comedy.

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Mythic Quest

Awesome show. There are some episodes that are written so well that they could be standalone shows.

Apple should revive their marketing team - they are sleeping on good shows. They should take inspiration from Netflix which hits gold even with mid shows (read Wednesday).

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

M3GAN

Surprisingly much better than I expected. The elements of horror are actually so relatable. We all experience loss like Cady and Gemma. We all struggle to cope with our losses. And we all are overtly dependent on technology to process our emotions.

Dang! Amie Donald, the actual girl who plays M3gan deserves an award of some sort.

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

One of the worst comeback film of J Law who's known to do critically acclaimed movies is now doing a bad film like no hard feelings i expected her to comeback in big budget films like Oppenheimer, barbie and Dune 2 just look at Cameron Diaz she's coming back in atleast a good franchise like Shrek through Shrek 5 and Owen Wilson also comeback with a good movie like Marry me with jlo and maluma what happened to her script choices it's getting worser than ever I hope j law joins Marvel or Shrek universe

No Hard Feelings is a blast. Plus it has done well at the domestic box office. Breaking type and finally doing a more accessible comedy seems to have done wonders for her public image.

She is mostly sticking to indie dramas though. Causeway was very low-key. And her upcoming films are with Paolo Sorrentino and Lynne Ramsay.

I don't see her going back to Marvel or big franchises anymore. I don't think she enjoys those films, plus she anyway gets paid big for small films. No Hard Feelings was a 25 million dollar check for her.

Found the piece - https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/02/movies/jennifer-lawrence-causeway.html

She definitely wasn't happy with how her career was at its peak

Edited by MostlyHarmIess - 1 years ago
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Originally posted by: ohophelia

Mythic Quest

Awesome show. There are some episodes that are written so well that they could be standalone shows.

Apple should revive their marketing team - they are sleeping on good shows. They should take inspiration from Netflix which hits gold even with mid shows (read Wednesday).

I feel like Apple shows have a good first season and then they completely lose the plot by the second season
anikamathur thumbnail

Originally posted by: MostlyHarmIess

No Hard Feelings is a blast. Plus it has done well at the domestic box office. Breaking type and finally doing a more accessible comedy seems to have done wonders for her public image.

She is mostly sticking to indie dramas though. Causeway was very low-key. And her upcoming films are with Paolo Sorrentino and Lynne Ramsay.

I don't see her going back to Marvel or big franchises anymore. I don't think she enjoys those films, plus she anyway gets paid big for small films. No Hard Feelings was a 25 million dollar check for her.

Hmmm good for her but i don't like these types of movies coz it makes me horny 🤭 this is so sad to see that she's not enjoying the big movies anymore but I actually wanted to see her in big movies tho she should learn from Emily Blunt who's coming back after 2 years since a quite place part II with Oppenheimer she do these big roles to be relevant unlike Anne who left movies in 2021 btw I'm excited for Oppenheimer

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail

Hmmm good for her but i don't like these types of movies coz it makes me horny 🤭 this is so sad to see that she's not enjoying the big movies anymore but I actually wanted to see her in big movies tho she should learn from Emily Blunt who's coming back after 2 years since a quite place part II with Oppenheimer she do these big roles to be relevant unlike Anne who left movies in 2021 btw I'm excited for Oppenheimer

She could also maybe follow Emma Stone. Emma is alternating the Cruella films with her indie work. Something like Cruella would work for Jennifer.

I think she might end up being the lead in Tarantino's final film 'The Movie Critic'. The female lead is yet to be cast and he tried to get Jennifer for both Hateful Eight and OUATIH.

@bold 😆

anikamathur thumbnail

She could also maybe follow Emma Stone. Emma is alternating the Cruella films with her indie work. Something like Cruella would work for Jennifer.

I think she might end up being the lead in Tarantino's final film 'The Movie Critic'. The female lead is yet to be cast and he tried to get Jennifer for both Hateful Eight and OUATIH.

@bold 😆

That's great

MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

I feel like Apple shows have a good first season and then they completely lose the plot by the second season

That's true of a lot of shows these days regardless of the streaming originals. You and Never have I ever, Sex Ed haven't been good since the second season honestly. There are pretty great apple originals like Ted Lasso, Dickinson, The Morning Show, Mythic Quest, Severance (soo bloody good, how is there no hype) which apple's marketing team is not banking on.

The only Netflix original worth noting is Stranger Things for me.