Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 1 years ago

New Year Blues

Available on Amazon Prime, it's an easy breezy film about love and relationships, at the same time has substance too ⭐️

A week before New Year, 4 couples face relationship/marital woes and how they solve it or do they solve it, is the premise

All four storylines are good, actors good ( as K actors usually are), visuals stunning (esp the Argentina Part), movie is less than 2 hrs and it has Yoo In Na as one of the stars ⭐️❤️ - What's not to like 🤷‍♀️

I only watched this film for Yoo In Na, after watching the wonderful, best romantic comedy, the K drama 'Touch Your Heart' ❤️, became her fan and wanted to check out her other works. (Check out her current romantic comedy Borah! Deborah AKA True to love on prime, it's funny, it's realistic and it has one of the best break up scenes ever which is funny and painful at the same time)

She only has a small role in the movie as it's an ensemble cast but am glad I watched it anyway :)

Edited by BettyA1 - 1 years ago
423728 thumbnail

Finished watching Lord of the Ring trilogy.

Hands down one of the best trilogies ever. Goddamn though, the film is a danger zone for people with finger-fetishes. I had to take off my glasses at some point to blur out everyone’s dirty fingers and Frodo’s bitten fingernails. You’d think the casting director would’ve chosen the main actor with good motherfooking fingers since half the movie zooms into his god-awful hands holding the ring. I can’t tell you how I survived to tell the tale.

Edited by FingerFetish - 1 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Saw the following films recently and I loved them -

Tere Ghar Ke Saamne (1963) - such an adorable and wholesome romcom. Dev Anand / Nutan's nokjhok, and chemistry was so fun! Especially the song 'dil ka bhanwar'.. I had such a big smile on my face watching her get flustered, and yet flirt with himsmiley27smiley27

Why don't they make films like this anymore?!smiley19

Agantuk (1991) - Satyajit Ray's last film and undoubtedly, his finest! I would love to write an entire essay on the perfection this film was. The dialogue, the script - so intelligent, powerful and thought-provoking. That confrontation scene between the lawyer and Utpal Dutt's character was nothing short of a masterpiece. A long conversation of probably 25 mins but not a single minute did I blink or get bored. It was almost like Ray's final words to the world on a variety of topics from social etiquette, to philosophy to antropology etc And Utpal Dutt - man his screen presence was enough. One of the finest and the most underrated actors ever! THIS WHOLE FILM WAS SHEER GENIUS!

Uphaar (1971) - What a sensitive portrayal of a young girl who doesn't know the ways of a woman and what is expected of her. Jaya Badhuri was fantastic and her relationship with her husband was GOALS. That man was so understanding, so kind, so soft.. sigh where do we get such men😭

Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962) - I completely see why this film is such an inspiration for so many film makers even today. DAMNNN Guru Dutt, Meena Kumari, Rehman and the entire cast/crew who made this - take a bow! What a fantastic story of a woman who breaks conventions to please her husband, and yet is trapped by the very society who taught her to worship her husband. The way she carried herself, her drunk acts, her tears, her voice and tone, no one could play this the way Meena Kumari did. And her dynamic with Guru Dutt.. so much conveyed yet little said. And Rehman - a very very underrated actor. That scene when he intimidates Meena Kumari pinning her to the wall almost.. man both of them were just brilliant. I am freaking in love with this movie.

BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I've been watching old Hindi / Bengali films and I love them so so much. Thank god for YouTube and people who made them available with subs❤️

Harano Sur (1957)- OH MY HEART. This is a must watch for all those who love romances. What a freaking classic! No wonder Uttam Kumar and Suchitra Sen were known as the golden pair. They had so much chemistry in every frame!

Bandini (1963) - Probably one of Nutan's finest and most subtle performances as a woman in jail who is torn by the guilt of murdering her lover's wife. It's a simple film but explores some complex emotions. Ashok Kumar and Dharmendra were great too. Also that song at the end, O Re Manjhi.. what a fine composition and conclusion to her dilemma!

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

'Eating our way to extinction' on Amazon prime

Felt varied emotions..fear, sympathy, disgust, helplessness

Edited by Kyahikahoon - 1 years ago
MaebyFunke thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

TBBT

I don't care how much people criticize or crap on this show. I binged it from season 1 to 12 for the second time over the last month and cried at Sheldon's speech at the end just like the first time I had watched it.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Bhanumati Ramakrishna is that rare sweet romcom which leaves you with a tear and smile at the end. Bhanumati is a 30 year old tough,sophisticated City girl.Yet she's still sensitive enough to be hurt when her 30 year old boyfriend of 5 years dumps her for a younger girl when it's time to marry.

Ramakrishna has just come to the City from a small town and is supposed to be trained by Bhanu. He's conservative,not as financially well-off or sophisticated as herself and struggles to speak in English fluently. Yet he steals into her heart with a sweetness and sheer optimism and ability to laugh at his misfortunes. They bond over being rejected due to their age, being stuck with old fashioned names and Bhanu ultimately has to make a decision which everyone has to tackle. "What will people say if I marry this person who's totally different from me and everyone in my circle?"

ammil thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

A Small Light - miniseries on National Geographic/Disney+/Hulu

1940's Amsterdam - the story of Mr & Mrs Gies and the others who helped Frank family and others. Powerful performance from the cast - the show is brilliant !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuk8ThvnpM

Edited by ammil - 1 years ago
Dirdam thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 4

My Fault 🔥🔥🔥😍 good movie adaptation of a book!! Good job Amazon!

p24531823_v_v13_ab.jpg

https://youtu.be/PaB7cGBuCP0

Edited by Dirdam - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://youtu.be/9V7gK1H97f0

This show young Sheldon is pretty good