Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 1 years ago

She's the man

It's a fun movie. Main character impersonates her brother to achieve her goal literally.

VS-Cool thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Bholaa...

Maza aagaya..

What a film👏

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: capricornrcks

I'm kicking myself for not seeing 83 sooner just because it's about cricket. Ranveer is wonderful when he plays his rare lowkey grounded roles. Contrary to my fears, this film explored all the cricketers and slowly told their backstories. Not in detail. But enough glimpses to make them real as a character. Deepika was not strictly necessary. Any actress would have done for such a short cameo.But she lights up the screen and her offscreen chemistry with Ranveer translates well onscreen too. Next to Ranveer Jiiva is my favorite as the eccentric and playful Srikant aka Cheeka. His funny yet emotional toast to his "Captain" brought tears to my eyes.

Kisses to the director for not making Ranveer and Deepika do any cheesy romantic songs and not making up fake backstories about his wish to win the World Cup. No desire to prove anything to anybody. Just a man who wants to win and support his team in making that win happen.

Can't believe this movie flopped at the BO. Such an underrated movie from 2022

CrimeMasterToto thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

I watched Humshakals.

Save the gasp .. was in the mood for a non sensical movie which I could play in the background, while working and hotstar was recommending it on their main page.

It was actually quite funny. There were moments of cringe and some eye rolling, but there were a lot of genuinely funny scenes as well - it has been a while since we laughed out loud while watching a movie. It was a million times better than the movies being passed off as comedy nowadays which fail to get even a chuckle out of the audience - Cirkus, Judwaa 2, Laxmii Bomb, Phone Bhoot, etc.

A lot of it had to do with the comic timing of the actors - Ritesh is always reliable in a comedy. Saif is so underrated as a comedy actor. Ram Kapoor was awesome. Support cast was funny as well - Satish Shah reminded me of his Main Hoon na act

The ending got convoluted and there were a few homophobic jokes which were tasteless (what can you expect from Sajid Khan) but overall a good one time watch

anikamathur thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

Actually late 2021 83 came in December not on January

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CrimeMasterToto

It had everything going for it. Cricket, patriotism, Ranveer etc.I guess people wanted more drama,masala and emotional content after the lockdown. More Bajrangi Bhaijaan and less Kabul Express from Kabir Khan. Which is why Pushpa did so well. Also Ranveer was not looking like Ranveer thanks to the prosthetics.

_symphony thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Gulmohar - Such a beautiful film about family bonds! And such a stark opposite to the current trending supposed family film TJMM. Unlike TJMM, Gulmohar focusses on the beauty of freedom in relationships, letting your family members be, letting them pursue their happiness. And the makers have captured Delhi in such an aesthetic and cinematic way. Loved the movie.

VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Saunkan Saunkne

Huh! What a regressive movie. Kinda pissed off and depressed after watching it.

capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Telugu film Eedo Rakam Aado Rakam is a laugh riot. A father (mistakenly) suspects that his son and his friend are indulging in wife-swapping and is prepared to catch them in the act. Lies and misunderstandings pile up and the two scoundrel heroes scramble to manage everything. It ends with a grand chase in the tradition of Priyadarshan's comedies.

Hindi dubbed version is on Youtube as Hyper. The Telugu version with English subtitles is on Sunnxt.

Edited by capricornrcks - 1 years ago
Maroonporsche thumbnail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTCa5yuHF2c

This show is 10 on 10

AWESOME