JUHI lashes out @ SRK: Shahrukh's little too late

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Shah RuKh's a little too late

Juhi Chawla feels her brother Bobby, who has been in a coma for over one year, deserved more attention from the actor

Subhash K Jha

Posted On Thursday, September 15, 2011 at 02:45:39 AM

Juhi Chawla's brother Bobby has been in a state of coma for over a year now. Slowly coming to terms with her brother's critical condition, Juhi Chawla however couldn't help lashing out at Shah Rukh Khan who recently dedicated the music of his upcoming film RA.One to Bobby. Feeling betrayed on her brother's behalf, the actress said, "It saddens me that the acknowledgement comes so late in the day." Bobby as the CEO of Shah Rukh Khan's company Red Chillies entertainment has never been given due credit, feels the saddened sister.

Juhi Chawla, who had always been a close friend to the King Khan had recently in an interview revealed how Shah Rukh did not have time for his old friends anymore.

Added to that, the grief of her brother not getting his due in the organisation owned by one of her closest buddies forced the otherwise quiet actress to react. Juhi had so far kept her grief and resentment about the lack of acknowledgement of Bobby's contribution to building Shah Rukh Khan's company.

At the music launch event, Shah Rukh declared, "I want to dedicate this album (RA.One) to Yash Joharji and Bobby. When we started our company Red Chillies Entertainment, the one who helped me start it was Bobby..."

Juhi, who wasn't sure how she felt about SRK's public acknowledgement of her brother's contribution, finally decided to speak out her mind.

"I've mixed feelings about Shah Rukh's statement at the RA.One music release. Bobby was very much involved in the recordings of the Akon number in the film. And then he met with the mishap," said Juhi.

"I am happy that Shah Rukh remembers Bobby and acknowledges his contribution to Red Chillies. But it saddens me that this acknowledgement comes so late in the day," added the actress.

Bobby, who has been in a state of coma for over a year now apparently gets few visitors from the industry. And fewer still from Red Chillies Entertainment.

Trying to keep her emotions in check, Juhi added, "Why do we wait for tragedy to strike to tell someone how special they are, or how special they were?"

The actress probably wanted to gently remind her friend to acknowledge those who really matter before it's too late.
Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

642940 thumbnail
Juhi's brother has been in a coma for over a yr? I had no idea about that. Juhi and SRK have been very good friends over the years. So I think her annoyance is justified. No matter how busy you are, you should always try to make time for friends and loved ones.
Mommytobe thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Its sad.. hope Juhi's brother make full recovery soon.. her parents are gone already... and i believe he is her only siblingšŸ˜­
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I NEVER knew Bobby Chawla was a part of Red Chillies! He was CEO! Really!
fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I too have mixed feelings about this, Juhi!(;

If SRK completely ignored him then that would be a huge problem but its not like he did. He goes to see him just not regularly or whatever. And just because he hadn't made it 'public' about his appreciation for Bobby doesn't mean he didn't appreciate him or anything like that.

But then again...every coin has two sides.

Her being annoyed over this makes sense since her and SRK are great friends. SRK will feel horrible if something happens to Bobby so Juhi is just sorta "reminding" him..i guess that's the right word. Loved ones come first, always.

Either way...Hope he gets well soon. Real soon. God bless.
<3
31609 thumbnail
hey juhi's brother worked with srk since Phir bhi dil hai hindustani days...hes worked on all of srk's home productions...

sad...i feel terribly sorry for srk these days...dunno why...but i get the feeling hes having a mid life crisis..

Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
SRK dude seriously grow up you're about to be 47. What comes around goes around. Juhi has every right to be angry with him. I hope her brother recovers.
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
here's picture & article on him.

Juhi's brother and Red Chillies CEO Bobby Chawla hospitalised
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, April 6, 2010 - 12:58 IST

Bobby Chawla, brother of actress Juhi Chawla, and the CEO of Shah Rukh Khan's company Red Chillies Entertainment, was admitted to a suburban hospital in a critical condition on Sunday evening.

On Sunday, he was dining at a restaurant when he suddenly collapsed, a make up artiste who was present there as well, saw this and called Farah Khan to help do the needful. Farah first called Juhi and then SRK, but since both were at Kolkatta for the Knight Riders match, she got Bobby admitted in the hospital. Reportedly, Bobby suffered from a brain haemorrhage and was operated immediately.

Chawla is under observation at the ICU and Bollywood Hungama wishes him a speedy recovery.

403365 thumbnail
Just waiting for SRK to have a public meltdown. His son doesn't think he's cool, his wife is a stranger to him, his friend is upset with him. He's leading a sad and lonely life, and it shows...even to the audience!...with his unhealthy look, with his lame remarks, and his demeanor.
31609 thumbnail

Originally posted by: zainab25

Just waiting for SRK to have a public meltdown. His son doesn't think he's cool, his wife is a stranger to him, his friend is upset with him. He's leading a sad and lonely life, and it shows...even to the audience!...with his unhealthy look, with his lame remarks, and his demeanor.

i think hes already having one...

..he behaved very badly with all the journos at the RA.ONE press conference...