Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Viewbie's Note:
Why shld everything be tit for tat... Just ignore and move on... Just dont spoil the discussion for others... Any more back and forth will be trashed...

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

ThaneDaar saab aa ge... iss baar toh maine kuch kiya na phir bhi nikal leta hoon patli gali se... πŸ˜†
623577 thumbnail

Originally posted by: smartie_pants

talk rubbish?? ppl said they werent fond of them or they didnt find them that gr8...so now opinions are rubbish on this forum?

oh just tht...some one rd burman choried the songs someone said asha deserves a slap...are these opinions...?? please spare me smarie_pants next time go through the whole topic when commenting on such...

even i don't think i have said anything offensive as such...so its justified...

but now am out of topic...since a viewbie's note has arrived and its for good.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Neetu_GirlPower

oh just tht...some one rd burman choried the songs someone said asha deserves a slap...are these opinions...?? please spare me smarie_pants next time go through the whole topic when commenting on such...

even i don't think i have said anything offensive as such...so its justified...

but now am out of topic...since a viewbie's note has arrived and its for good.

Thanedaar ka jalwaa..... πŸ₯³
TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CunningLinguist

^Actually, people like RD Burman, Shankar Jaikishan, Lata, Asha, Rafi, Kishore, O P Nayyar, Mukesh etc are not forgotten at all, their songs are still played/remixed today.

Yes. But that doesn't mean they are universally liked or adored.
As a general comment, it seems some are trying to imply that NOT liking Asha/Lata/insert golden oldie playback singer-musician here, is tantamount to sacrilege. Which would certainly be flawed thinking. I'm not a fan of any of them myself, but that's just as okay as being a fan. These things, as we all know, are subjective.
623577 thumbnail

Originally posted by: the scrutineer

As a general comment, it seems some are trying to imply that NOT liking Asha/Lata/insert golden oldie playback singer-musician here, is tantamount to sacrilege. Which would certainly be flawed thinking. I'm not a fan of any of them myself, but that's just as okay as being a fan. These things, as we all know, are subjective.

not at all...but using dissing words to curse the legends is just not acceptable...meanwhile, what sense does it make to talk abt these people when its not connected to the topicπŸ₯±...isn;t it flawed thinking...well i don't think its called thinking coz thinking arrives from the power of the head. enuff said -----
461339 thumbnail

Originally posted by: the scrutineer

If by universally liked you mean every single person likes them, well no they aren't, and neither is anyone else for that matter on this planet, if by universally liked you mean they have a wide audience which spans all ages, and their songs are still popular today, then yes they do.

these guys are not forgotten, even though most of them have passed away, their songs are still played everywhere, people still buy their albums.
66567 thumbnail

LOL, you started the 'slapping' spree..πŸ˜†

HOPE asha bhonsle ji yahan hoti to kya hota😲.πŸ˜›...unhone pehle himesh ko threat kiya tha slap maarne ke liye....lekin yahan ki posts padkar woh ek aad ke laptop/pc mein ghuskar chammaat laga hi deti .,,,OH BOY 🀣

Pragya's comment only followed yours..πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: Gobsmacked

Well the same Asha ji then sang in RGV ki AAg and butchered a RD Burman classic. So she needs a slap too.

Edited by Meena1 - 13 years ago
66567 thumbnail

Originally posted by: CunningLinguist

If by universally liked you mean every single person likes them, well no they aren't, and neither is anyone else for that matter on this planet, if by universally liked you mean they have a wide audience which spans all ages, and their songs are still popular today, then yes they do.

these guys are not forgotten, even though most of them have passed away, their songs are still played everywhere, people still buy their albums.

universally liked or not.. it still doesn't justify how some here are trying to shove them down peoples throats as being great.. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

generally speaking, its ok to dislike 'legends'.. i see nothing wrong with that.. why is it considered taboo..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9
FYI, Ismail Darbar backtracked his accusations he threw at ARR. And his justification is ridiculous.

Ismail Darbar

Music composer Ismail Darbar offers his apologies after accusing Rahman of buying his Oscars

Music Director Ismail Darbar didn't mince his words when he threw some wild allegations at Rahman and the Slumdog team, accusing them of buying their Oscars. But now, Darbar seems to be making a hasty retreat after rumors about the Academy planning to sue him for $ 50,000 million reached his ears.

Darbar claims he was of the opinion that Rahman has churned out better music in the past and that he bought his 2008 Best Original Score and Best Original Song Oscars for Slumdog Millionaire.

A R Rahman with his Oscars

Darbar, who is now eating his words, said, 'I am grateful that I have been respected in the industry for my work. I did say some things about Rahman, because as a friend I want to jolt him out of his reverie and start giving good music.

I chose a public platform to do it, because he wouldn't listen to me otherwise. I have nothing against the Oscars.

It is the most respected award, the whole world acknowledges it, and I do, too. If any of them (Academy) are hurt by my comments, I apologise to them.'

http://www.chakpak.com/news/ismail-darbar-back-tracks-on-his-oscar-comments/3405