Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

623577 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
what a great music maestro rahman is...considering the fact tht such petty music directors and singers (bappi lahiri and abhijeet) makes fun of him...😆🤣

Edited by Neetu_GirlPower - 13 years ago
31609 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neetu_GirlPower

what a great music maestro rahman is...considering the fact tht such petty music directors and singers (bappi lahiri and abhijeet) makes fun of him...😆

precisely...its the petty ones who make fun of him...
the ones who really matter in the film industry, speak of him in the highest regard possible.
623577 thumbnail
i found a topic on a r rahman plagirazing...

623577 thumbnail
Ismail Accuses AR Rahman of Plagiarism and Bribery
Did AR Rahman steal somebody else's tunes? Did he bribe his way to the Academy Awards? Well, that's what music composer Ismail Darbar claims.
by Archana Chaudhary

Ismail Darbar, the music composer behind classics such as Devdas and Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, an otherwise low profile personality, has let out a volley of accusations against AR Rahman, an Academy award winning Indian music director.

At a press conference Ismail seemed to be in a tell all mood, and Rahman seemed to be on the receiving end of his ire. "Yes, Rahman bought the Oscars for himself and I'm not just saying this to generate publicity. I have proof that he did it," Ismail also added that Rahman hadn't composed Jai Ho, the song from Slumdog Millionaire that won Rahman the Oscar. "Everyone knows that Rahman didn't compose Jai Ho, Subhash Ghai and Mani Ratnam know about it. But they don't have the guts to talk about it because Rahman is a big guy in the industry." Ismail has further challenged Rahman to prove him wrong.

Ismail refuses to acknowledge Rahman as a musician and says that the singer and music director is more of a businessman with excellent public relation skills. Ismail goes into the past to describe an incident: "A few years ago Devdas and Saathiya were both up for National Awards in the music category. Rahman won for Saathiya and I lost, however, rules state that a dubbed movie is never given National Awards. Saathiya was first made in Tamil but nobody questioned it because big names were involved," explains Ismail.

When asked why the music composer is speaking out now, Ismail said "I've always wanted to talk but nobody ever asked me!" We're sure a lot of people would want more details now.

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Neetu

It's ok jaar, u don't like Rahman, rehne de... y r u after his life if some members like him... u like some MD, dey like Rahman... let it b
31609 thumbnail
1. There was never any concrete evidence of reheman plagarising...it was just people speculating and saying things because 2 songs happened to sound similar, which died down instantly because they didnt hold water.

2. Saathiya is a remake, not a dubbed film. And he didnt even win the NA for saathiya... The only national awards he won were Roja, Minsara Kanavu, Lagaan and Kannathil Muttamittal, which were all very well deserved.

3. He composed Jai Ho for subhash ghai's yuvvraj and Mani ratnams shelved project, but both rejected it and Danny boyle accepted it. DUH.

Ismails arguments are ridiculous
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

3. He composed Jai Ho for subhash ghai's yuvvraj and Mani ratnams shelved project, but both rejected it and Danny boyle accepted it. DUH.

^

It was supposed to b picturized on Anil Kapoor... if not Yuvvraaj, he surely gets chance to do some steps in SlumDog Millionaire 😆
623577 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Da_BagarhBilla

Neetu

It's ok jaar, u don't like Rahman, rehne de... y r u after his life if some members like him... u like some MD, dey like Rahman... let it b

billa...before saying this...u should have known the answer before saying this...lekin nahi...expected from u...anyways ask them first to talk rubbish against three musical legends😡 - rd burman, lata and asha...if they won't stop i will continue the same...fair enuff😉😆
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: Neetu_GirlPower

billa...before saying this...u should have known the answer before saying this...lekin nahi...expected from u...anyways ask them first to talk rubbish against three musical legends😡 - rd burman, lata and asha...if they won't stop i will continue the same...fair enuff😉😆

nw dn't tell me u r so much bhakt of these legends... 😆

if so den lagey raho chulbuli bai.....😉
31609 thumbnail
talk rubbish?? ppl said they werent fond of them or they didnt find them that gr8...so now opinions are rubbish on this forum?