Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

649486 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: Meena1

^.. πŸ˜†

and whoever sang Baharon Phool Barsaon.. should get an award for singing the most boring song ever.. that can put anyone to sleep.. even Starbucks wont help..

That would be Rafi, the most dynamic of them all :)
31609 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ManaliS

oh god... have you people ever listened to Lata Mangeshkar songs?

I don't think I even need to say anything here...where all that ppl have heard from Lata is Lukka chuppi!

yep listened to her old songs with SD burman, RD burman and pretty much all her 90's songs like HAHK, Mohobbatein,K3G etc etc...still dunt find her gr8 shakes...

I like asha bhosle much better.
642940 thumbnail
No disrespect to Lata but her singing in Veer Zaara was slightly painful. Her voice for Preity Zinta just didn't work.
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Dexterphile

What does taste in music have to do with this generation or that generation? You like a certain kind of music because that's what you relate to. I can't comprehend the shrill Indian voice, hence I don't like it. Although to contradict myself, I'm sure I have liked songs by singers I loathe, but that's probably due to the entire package. Also, who are Atif, Mika, Neeeraj et al. Don't know their songs. I am not familiar with the typical Indian music of today all that much simply because its not my thing. I liked the old songs because of the package not because of the voices behind it. These days neither the package exists nor the voice. πŸ₯±

my college buddies made sure we should never forget these two gems of India Moozik industry ... here I present THE ALTAAF RAJA! and her counter part Ms... singer of Pardesi pardesi errmm dont remember her name, and now I demand Bharat ratna for them!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS1qF291Uqg[/YOUTUBE]

64515 thumbnail

^.. πŸ˜†

and whoever sang Baharon Phool Barsaon.. should get an award for singing the most boring song ever.. that can put anyone to sleep.. even Starbucks wont help..

haha that song literally drags on forever and everπŸ˜†

As for Lata and Asha, I could never really warm up to them because their voices never really fit with the actresses...Alka Yagnik was shrilly and never experimented with her singing but her voice definitely fit better than the two sisters on the actresses, so I enjoyed a lot of her songs. But now I'm glad that even if Bolly actresses don't get the chance to step outside of the box, the current crop of singers, like Shreya and Sunidhi can-...Sunidhi's lucky that she was able to recently use her upper octave for playback scores (I think it started in Fanaa?), because she can now do and experiment on a whole range of songs whereas before I believe she was typecasted behind the Alka's and Shreya's of the industry
Edited by koolchick - 13 years ago
623577 thumbnail
the people making fun of mangeshkar sisters...just keep this in mind tht everydAY ur rahman goes to their houses and touches the dust of their feet...old is defintely GOLD...and once Rahman go out of market...people will make his fun too...πŸ˜†

and yes,...forget ABT music directors...computers and technology will take care of their jobs too...they will be kicked out pretty soon πŸ˜†
FreeBird03 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I did.. "Didi tera dewaar deewana, haaye Ram kudiyon ko daale daana".. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.. gave me a headache..πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

yeah that is the thing...you taste is different...u don't like old hindi songs..anyone who loves classical Indian music cannot say such things about Lataji's songs... I am not too much into English songs..but that doesn't mean I will say for example that Bryan adams is a horrible singer...just that I don't like English music...doesn't give me the right to call a renowned singer horrible!

Lata Mangeshkar is Bharat Ratna.. that says everything 😊
104869 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neetu_GirlPower

the people making fun of mangeshkar sisters...just keep this in mind tht everydAY ur rahman goes to their houses and touches the dust of their feet...old is defintely GOLD...and once Rahman go out of market...people will make his fun too...πŸ˜†

and yes,...forget ABT music directors...computers and technology will take care of their jobs too...they will be kicked out pretty soon πŸ˜†

Thats really odd, given that Rahman either stays in LA or in Chennai, I wonder how he touches the dust of their feet. Maybe virtually via facetime?πŸ˜†

Just because you adore Lataji or AShaji, doesnot mean every one has to.

At the end of the day they build their career around singing in movie. So the basic rules of showbiz applies to them, after your time youll be forgotten and people will move to the next best thing.

461339 thumbnail
^Actually, people like RD Burman, Shankar Jaikishan, Lata, Asha, Rafi, Kishore, O P Nayyar, Mukesh etc are not forgotten at all, their songs are still played/remixed today.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Sarcastic Chatterbox

Originally posted by: CunningLinguist

^Actually, people like RD Burman, Shankar Jaikishan, Lata, Asha, Rafi, Kishore, O P Nayyar, Mukesh etc are not forgotten at all, their songs are still played/remixed today.

Agree.

HMV is the biggest company in music industry, All the Music Maestro mentioned above have variety of Album Collection which are Sold even today and are in Demand.