Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

janecastle thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 13 days ago

Leads don't even have to be perfect. They can be grey. But at least give them a good redemption arc. But Itv writers se toh woh bhi nahi hota. It is just the same old copy paste. I miss characters like Viren who were strong, respected women and showed that you don't have to be an outright abuser to be "hot". Even his brother Virat had good character growth. Aaj kal writers have forgotten their one primary job.. to write. In recent times, the only well-written character I can think of is Abhinav. He was flawed, but had his own strengths and most importantly, was not an abuser in the name of love. There's another ML in a show I watch. He's mostly perfect. But they made him do some questionable things when he was an alcohol addict. So I cannot term him as green flag either.

Swathi.A thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: janecastle

Leads don't even have to be perfect. They can be grey. But at least give them a good redemption arc. But Itv writers se toh woh bhi nahi hota. It is just the same old copy paste. I miss characters like Viren who were strong, respected women and showed that you don't have to be an outright abuser to be "hot". Even his brother Virat had good character growth. Aaj kal writers have forgotten their one primary job.. to write. In recent times, the only well-written character I can think of is Abhinav. He was flawed, but had his own strengths and most importantly, was not an abuser in the name of love. There's another ML in a show I watch. He's mostly perfect. But they made him do some questionable things when he was an alcohol addict. So I cannot term him as green flag either.

Ya wahi toh..how did ITV go from men like viren/Virat  to men like vanraj shah and men who openly sport polygamy ..

Everywhere same nonsense and ITV is making it as new normal ..

SakshiLohani thumbnail

Raghav from Saubhagvati bhava, Ishaan from Sasural Genda, Neil from Naamkaran, Kunj from Tashan e Ishq (until played by Sidhant Gupta), Kartik initially (he went against his entire family when Mimi questioned Naira's character and even threatened to leave the house with his wife), I think all these were good MLs of ITV.

SakZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sneha.Narayanan

Only Abhira's dad smiley27 green forest se zyada Hara flag💚

In my last 20 years of watching ITV serials, haven't seen a man like that 😭💚 especially when mostly all male leads are borderline toxic and manhandle, shout at & disrespect the heroine. 

But he wasn’t the lead. He was more like parallel lead. 

Phoenix100 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Viren and virat from ek hazaaron mein meri behna hai00 . Samrat and Mayank from miley jab hum tum. Coincidentally both shows had best siblings relationships too❤️

Swathi.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: Winterberry08

I am talking about abuse in ITV not whining about Ruhi

moral policing

I usually don't go rude..i ignore mostly..but this ruhi getting slapped is not something that I wanna debate ..she deserves it..it only bothers me when good people are bothered, disturbed and are always put down..it gives out message like only evil wins....what happens to bad intention people is not my concern..you may debate about it but I won't..

My intention to start this post is after seeing all stories in ITV being toxic just in name of TRP TRP..if all shows show something positive there maybe change..I don't even know if such stories are being made now a days ..and hence I started this thread..

Edited by LizzieBennet - 13 days ago
Swathi.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakZ

To his fandom he was the lead smiley31

Swathi.A thumbnail

Originally posted by: SakshiLohani

Raghav from Saubhagvati bhava, Ishaan from Sasural Genda, Neil from Naamkaran, Kunj from Tashan e Ishq (until played by Sidhant Gupta), Kartik initially (he went against his entire family when Mimi questioned Naira's character and even threatened to leave the house with his wife), I think all these were good MLs of ITV.

Ishaan from sasural genda phool ..oh god how did I forget..nostalgic..that whole family was love..badi ma was my favourite smiley42

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Swathiyaa

He is burning Amazon red forest ..smiley37

He reminds me of someone smiley2smiley36

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SakZ

Yes, you are right. He was infact cameo and then turned into parallel lead after seeing the craze for him & his bond with his step son, which will surpass many biological ties.