Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

One thought I have is about how genuine this love realization from Armaan's side is.

Its not like family has not teased him about "love" between him and Abhira before. But that never made him think. Infact he vehemently denied it.

and its not like he was doing that because he thought Abhira would never be on board. infact she even asked him- what if one of us falls in love. And she has always been acting like "family", she's always shown interest in wanting to know more about him, his past, asking him to vent his feelings. she has complained how he doesnt tell her anything. she has mentioned deal aspect-yes, but not any more than Armaan has

Her reaction during Ruhi bringing DP track shows she did NOT want to divorce him.

Her reaction of walking out after deal shaadi reveal was because he hurt her by calling her a bojh but he never introspected why she left and how hurt she was.

She came back and told him it was for his parents. Yet he called her out for involving in the matter and gave her DP. that seemed like extreme rage over something relatively small. he already knew she was meddlesome and this was literally what she came back for.

And then even after her statement in court, she did break down but he kind of focused on his own feeling of "betrayal" rather than reacting to her emotions playing out in front of him. The old Armaan was always very in tune with Abhira's real feelings. he could always see when she was hiding something and was very affected by her breakdown.

Even when shaadi news of Ar-Ruhi happened she literally was so affected she broke down in the exam and left her exam hall. she was that impacted by it but he didnt see it. he literally saw her with that paint and in tears asking him if he hated her so much that he couldnt even wait till divorce

If he always had some residual feelings that he just hadnt identified as "love" why did he so easily agree to marriage with Ru. he started with asking for time, but then he made the announcement as Abhira was leaving as if to spite her- that he already has a replacement bride available. what was she supposed to do in reaction to his announcement?!

His realization now almost seems as a knee jerk to her confessing she loved him and learning of Kaveri's manipulation and feeling guilty over everything. He genuinely felt affected seeing her almost molested and that was when he finally acted like a decent guy and knowing his own fufa orchestrated it made him feel guilty by extension.

Its like if Abhira hadnt accidentally confessed, he would never have realized and happily gone forth marrying Ruhi

If Abhira hadnt become wedding planner due to her majburi, he never would have realized his feelings

That makes me a bit wary of how genuine these feeling are.

He had a physical attraction to Ruhi at first sight but he didnt have the same for Abhira.

Over time he never really has shown "love" for Ruhi but he has felt obligated to be nice to her and feels guilty that she likes him and he cant like her enough so he seems to over compensate

Similarly it feels like he got really habituated to Abhira in his life every frickin day, especially given the chatterbox , ball of energy she is. and since she is an orphan and is in a tricky spot- no extended family, no financial security- it seems like he feels obliged to care. he had 1 year thing ingrained in him and now suddenly knowing that she fell in love and he didnt realize almost makes it seem like he is obligated to return her affection

I really need more POV from Armaan side to convince me that his current realization is more than just pity, charity and is really heartfelt and genuine.

I loved his confrontation with Kaveri- but it reeked of "reality checks" and facing the mirror, truth bombs, and hence guilt and regret more than "love" from his side.

I loved the dream confession too- SO much! he emoted really well. but that scene doesnt really fit into the Armaan built up so far. if I saw only that scene in isolation I'd buy that he loves her. but when I look at whole story I cant really grasp the abrupt change

Abhiras build up was slow, very organic and realistic. she questioned herself. she had lots of valid doubts. she had enough evidence to convince herself it may be possible to have a future

But with Armaan its super sudden. Its like something switched on only because Abhira said pyaar karti hai .

And honestly that would be fine as long as he had at the very least denied shaadi to Ruhi. IT would have been consolation that even if hadnt realized feelings for Abhira, he does know he does NOT have feelings for Ruhi.

I hope they explore Armaan's emotions more. because I want to see some explanation about why it took eavesdropping on a convo to finally have a realization

Agar voh overhear nahi karta toh?!

I mean its great that there is divine forcing pushing them together. but at some point I as audience want more than just the divine element, I want to see that he is making Abhira a conscious choice based on everything his mind and heart says and not just because of divine ishaara.

Edited by Pinecone - 4 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rishabal693 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I don't think it's pity love necessarily, because his "realization" clock had started ticking from the day Abhira entered as a wedding planner. Her calling him Sir, him saying that testimonial to spite her etc was shown to the audience though he himself never questioned why he was getting affected. During bachelorette party, he could feel (more like smell) Abhira and wondered if she was really there. Then him going all berserk when that harassment happened and even telling phuphasa that "yeh toh phir bhi Abhira hai" I think the trigger was ironically ruhi herself when she said that Abhira was no longer his zimmedaari and he could even give a response to her on why was he so protective towards Abhira. The next instance was that night when he dreamt of Abhira and she asked him that why does he care so much about her, why does he care if something happens to her and then she ends the sentence with the final blow - kyuki tum.......!! He knew what it was leading to and jerked himself awake and then even got more scared when he saw ruhi in his room like this was really happening to him. And then the mehendi day happened where he couldn't stop himself from just admiring her , just being with her , giving her those longing looks of affection. And this attraction was all when he thought that she " supposedly " betrayed his trust and he thought she hated him. Even after mehendi he starts questioning why was all this affecting him so much. Though I agree the final push was Abhira 's confession the next day and then overhearing kaveri's and her conversation finally pushed him to the brink which led to his inevitable breakdown in front of kaveri. I want more of his pov too but I appreciate these baby steps too.
Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Agreed. But its still really recent. Its only started after divorce and her re-entry as planner.

If she got a lawyer job he'd not be seeing her all the time.

It all seems fairly sudden. And even until her confession, most of his reactions were just that he's "affected" by her. But he still didnt check where she lived and if she got a job. So he was curious if she's ok but not enough to actually check.

He missed her more when she left pre divorce to go to hostel but after divorce, the finality of that didn't even fully get grasped before he very quickly agreed to a dusri shaadi putting up barely any resistance. For namesake he asked for time. Kaveri said take a day. And he agreed in few hours. Surely after getting rid of Abhira , he could have made a case for delaying dusri shaadi. But he wanted to jump into this and announce it to Abhira.

Now suddenly he's all guilt stricken realizing he misjudged her this whole time. So now he's guilty that he didn't see her love, her sacrifice etc.

They showed a gradual proper buildup for Abhiras love realization. It built over weeks. From blushing or being conscious with him, his touches to butterflies to deeper feelings. She also went through denial, thinking about his past etc but deciding she had a decent chance with him forever based on how he behaved with her. So it was a very realistic progression. And she fell because of his protectiveness, etc. But with Armaan it seems quite sudden. I wish he had been shown introspecting at least once or twice about a future with Abhira instead of deal. But he never even considered it.

He doesn't seem reliable enough. Today he loves Abhira supposedly but what if the guilt fades with time or Abhira does something he doesn't approve of. Will he stand by her?

Ab hum isme kya kar sakthe hai jab armaan ko ye khud nahi pata..I have a doubt if he even knows his dress size.. because he knows nothing..

It must be pity love on Ruhi only..

Actual love he doesn't have on anybody as of now

With Ab it is physical attraction and more of attachment which is he was used to all these months and missing it now makes him mad..he needs to go back and work on himself about what he wants and why ab's absence is making him weak

Rishabal693 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Agreed. But its still really recent. Its only started after divorce and her re-entry as planner.

If she got a lawyer job he'd not be seeing her all the time.

It all seems fairly sudden. And even until her confession, most of his reactions were just that he's "affected" by her. But he still didnt check where she lived and if she got a job. So he was curious if she's ok but not enough to actually check.

He missed her more when she left pre divorce to go to hostel but after divorce, the finality of that didn't even fully get grasped before he very quickly agreed to a dusri shaadi putting up barely any resistance. For namesake he asked for time. Kaveri said take a day. And he agreed in few hours. Surely after getting rid of Abhira , he could have made a case for delaying dusri shaadi. But he wanted to jump into this and announce it to Abhira.

Now suddenly he's all guilt stricken realizing he misjudged her this whole time. So now he's guilty that he didn't see her love, her sacrifice etc.

They showed a gradual proper buildup for Abhiras love realization. It built over weeks. From blushing or being conscious with him, his touches to butterflies to deeper feelings. She also went through denial, thinking about his past etc but deciding she had a decent chance with him forever based on how he behaved with her. So it was a very realistic progression. And she fell because of his protectiveness, etc. But with Armaan it seems quite sudden. I wish he had been shown introspecting at least once or twice about a future with Abhira instead of deal. But he never even considered it.

He doesn't seem reliable enough. Today he loves Abhira supposedly but what if the guilt fades with time or Abhira does something he doesn't approve of. Will he stand by her?

Yeah I agree. Armaan has wronged Abhira so very terribly that his redemption and introspection is the need of the hour. While he was confronting kaveri, he said something along the lines like " woh bhooki thi, uske paas rehene ki jagah nai thi....etc etc" and I was like you knew this and still you didn't feel any guilt?? He saw she was living in a substandard Hostel but didn't think where she lived the second time round. Anything could've gone wrong with that creepy landlord and he went ahead and humiliated her further with the engagement thing, so.....I still want him to feel terrible morose.

But during gangaur before this thing went down, he said " main prarthana krta hu ki tumhe ek bohot Pyaar krne waala jeevensaathi mile." He knew even at that time that he doesn't deserve a woman like Abhira and I think he still does.

I have a feeling that whether rumaal thing comes out pre armaan's confession or after, Abhira may take this as pity love and would think that he saw her as a mere option. That's when his whole ddp era would start officially.

Let's see how this whole track pans out

Rishabal693 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swathi.A

Ab hum isme kya kar sakthe hai jab armaan ko ye khud nahi pata..I have a doubt if he even knows his dress size.. because he knows nothing..

It must be pity love on Ruhi only..

Actual love he doesn't have on anybody as of now

With Ab it is physical attraction and more of attachment which is he was used to all these months and missing it now makes him mad..he needs to go back and work on himself about what he wants and why ab's absence is making him weak

Yes if only makers use this track to their advantage. I mostly started catching up with the episodes after RoPu entered so I think there has been a slight change in the characterisation between Sheh's armaan and RoPu' s armaan. I think RoPu 's armaan has been mostly shown to have this unresolved sexual tension with Abhira and if you mix it the betrayal of trust and her hate/love for him, it makes it stands it even more for the audience ( not that I don't love it, I am an absolute sucker for such angst) . However, at some point the makers have to show more of armaan's pov to make us fully understand that it's not just physical attraction but also he has deep love not born of guilt but that genuine kind which happens even if he doesn't want it. He should introspect and ask himself as to why with Ruhi the first time around he thought it was love within two days, and with Abhira that realization happened after 10 months. He was unwilling to stand against dadisa for Ruhi , even though he thought he "loved" her and with Abhira he finally got the courage to confront her even when he hadn't realized that emotion.

Visszz thumbnail
Expressionist (July 2024) 1 Thumbnail Expressionist (August 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Rishabal693

Yes if only makers use this track to their advantage. I mostly started catching up with the episodes after RoPu entered so I think there has been a slight change in the characterisation between Sheh's armaan and RoPu' s armaan. I think RoPu 's armaan has been mostly shown to have this unresolved sexual tension with Abhira and if you mix it the betrayal of trust and her hate/love for him, it makes it stands it even more for the audience ( not that I don't love it, I am an absolute sucker for such angst) . However, at some point the makers have to show more of armaan's pov to make us fully understand that it's not just physical attraction but also he has deep love not born of guilt but that genuine kind which happens even if he doesn't want it. He should introspect and ask himself as to why with Ruhi the first time around he thought it was love within two days, and with Abhira that realization happened after 10 months. He was unwilling to stand against dadisa for Ruhi , even though he thought he "loved" her and with Abhira he finally got the courage to confront her even when he hadn't realized that emotion.

They conveniently put a lock to Armaan's pov in ipl and now doing damage control is made things this confusion

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

Team Critics

I find it abs weird when there r others who tell you "oh you love this person" 🤷‍♀️ I mean..kya hota hai ye ? He was , all this while , blind to her insults & her feelings ..NOW he realised his dadi has been tormenting her & she's putting up with all this bec she loves him? N bec of that he loves her too! Wah bhai wah kya conclusion Nikala hai ! smiley32 Stockholm syndrome bhai behen .

Basically this confession/ realisation is bullcrap . I think there's just one thing that drives him..that is guilt. He does everything out of guilt . All his actions are centered around this feeling..that's why he's a very weak character.

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhinav (Gen 3)

Pendulum ki thinking...

Abhira ka ehsaan hai mujhpe, roohi ka ehsaan hai , kabhi Akshara mam ka ehsaan, kabhi dadisa ka ehsaan and Vidya maa ka ehsaan hai mujhpe.

So i will be with everyone smiley43 taaki koi dukhi na rahe and sabko mai khush rakh pau

Edited by Sneha.Narayanan - 4 months ago
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Team Abhinav (Gen 3)

Also in RS shows , these divine interventions and signals hold no importance smiley36 Abhira's mom and Roohi's tauji (poppy) were shown as Shiv-Parvati, but in the show it was shown that Abhira's parents have better understanding and trust and are happy together.