Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 months ago

Originally posted by: arshisimple

Part 5 : Another beautiful update!!! Finally Armaan was able to reflect on his actions!! His actions has costed him Abhira and finally he is realizing that!!! I’m so glad that he is ready to face consequences of his mistakes and behavior!!! I guess he took the first step and I can’t wait to see what happens in next part 👏

Thank youuu! smiley31 The first step is often the hardest. Glad you liked it smiley4

Edited by whimsical - 6 months ago
whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

Definitely the mood from show spills over sometimes but I try to catch myself.

In your FF , I have found Armaans regret genuine. But theres a penalty for a mistake. He can repent but he needs to fix things and then only can he hope for the reward he seeks (Abhira) . So I would not mind Abhimaan together if he genuinely fixes his mistakes and works hard to convince Abhira to give him a chance and earns her trust.

Well noted! Thanks so much smiley27 I take all feedback very seriously and I make sure that I do incorporate it or address it in some way or the other. So far, Armaan is not trying to get back with Abhira or even get her to forgive him. Although he would really, really like to of course, he does recognize that she is far too hurt, that she deserves better, and he lets her go so she can fly..

Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

And thats good. They both need time off to introspect..but we need to see him show he cares along the way in more than just thid one gesture of respecting her wishes and letting her fly. He can still watch over her from a distance, take pride in her accomplishments. If he genuinely does love her and care for her, he can show that even from afar. He needs to realize where he erred and fix those things. He can be guilty over his actions but he also needs to hold others accountable for what they did- especially Ruhi. And he needs to get over his complex and insecurities to the extent possible. Its obviously deeprooted but he needs to identify it and maybe even seek therapy etc.

whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pinecone

And thats good. They both need time off to introspect..but we need to see him show he cares along the way in more than just thid one gesture of respecting her wishes and letting her fly. He can still watch over her from a distance, take pride in her accomplishments. If he genuinely does love her and care for her, he can show that even from afar. He needs to realize where he erred and fix those things. He can be guilty over his actions but he also needs to hold others accountable for what they did- especially Ruhi. And he needs to get over his complex and insecurities to the extent possible. Its obviously deeprooted but he needs to identify it and maybe even seek therapy etc.

Point taken smiley4 Thanks so much!

arshisimple thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Part 6: The way you described the guilt and shame of Armaan’s behavior- spot on!!! I loved this part and I really loved the fact that you didn’t make Abhira melting by his apology!!! Yes he apologized and he is regretted his actions but he wronged her and her self- respect, so I am really glad that she left with her head high!!!! Looking forward to seeing how this story moves forward!!! Beautiful part as always 💕👏

Nocturnal7 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I do understand where you are coming from and I also do agree that our perception is influenced by what's happening in the show, where the situation has fallen so out of proportion that it feels almost impossible to picture them together.

As far as the deviation in this plot is concerned, I do see some penance for Armaan, especially with the amount of guilt that he is feeling and that final determination to accept accountability, as he should. Personally, my dissent for them as a ship, also comes from a place where I believe that his confusion, as you rightfully pointed out isn't an excuse and even before all of this happened, he has allowed people in his family except Sanjay to insult her and her upbringing. It has always been the lack of ability to speak up and be quick to blame her, the moment something goes slightly out of hand. What's happening in the show rn, isn't the first time that has happened. However, that being said, i also understand why he is so easy to manipulate when it comes to his family but given how Abhira's life has been, on a personal level, i find it unfair to expect her to be so forgiving each time. That being said, I absolutely trust you as an author. So far, there wasn't a single point where it felt like something is going to far or too unfair. I really appreciate the story.

whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: arshisimple

Part 6: The way you described the guilt and shame of Armaan’s behavior- spot on!!! I loved this part and I really loved the fact that you didn’t make Abhira melting by his apology!!! Yes he apologized and he is regretted his actions but he wronged her and her self- respect, so I am really glad that she left with her head high!!!! Looking forward to seeing how this story moves forward!!! Beautiful part as always 💕👏

Aww, thank you very much, glad you liked it! smiley31 The story onwards will continue to revolve to a large extent around Abhira's self-respect and self-worth.

whimsical thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nocturnal7

I do understand where you are coming from and I also do agree that our perception is influenced by what's happening in the show, where the situation has fallen so out of proportion that it feels almost impossible to picture them together.

As far as the deviation in this plot is concerned, I do see some penance for Armaan, especially with the amount of guilt that he is feeling and that final determination to accept accountability, as he should. Personally, my dissent for them as a ship, also comes from a place where I believe that his confusion, as you rightfully pointed out isn't an excuse and even before all of this happened, he has allowed people in his family except Sanjay to insult her and her upbringing. It has always been the lack of ability to speak up and be quick to blame her, the moment something goes slightly out of hand. What's happening in the show rn, isn't the first time that has happened. However, that being said, i also understand why he is so easy to manipulate when it comes to his family but given how Abhira's life has been, on a personal level, i find it unfair to expect her to be so forgiving each time. That being said, I absolutely trust you as an author. So far, there wasn't a single point where it felt like something is going to far or too unfair. I really appreciate the story.

Thank you so much! smiley27 That's very reassuring indeed. While I am not sure exactly where the SS might end up going, it will definitely be enriched by your perspective, which I can see is both fair and nuanced. In fact, just reading your comment, together with @Pinecone's comments from earlier, inspired in me an idea that hadn't visited me before smiley4

Edited by whimsical - 6 months ago
whimsical thumbnail

PART SEVEN

A year had elapsed since Abhira had begun her final year at the law school in Bangalore, a sprawling institution renowned for its academic rigor and vibrant student life.

As she settled into her usual seat in one of her classes, her demeanor remained composed and focused, her attention fully absorbed by the lecture unfolding before her. The subject matter was complex, but Abhira's dedication to her studies shone through as she diligently took notes, her mind sharp and focused. She rarely allowed herself the luxury of distraction, her unwavering focus serving as a shield against the tumultuous currents of her inner thoughts.

She had changed a lot over the past year. She rarely smiled now, her demeanor marked by an unyielding determination to achieve her dreams. Immersing herself in her studies had become her sole refuge against the painful memories of the past. While she remained as kind-hearted and helpful as ever, always ready to share her notes and explain difficult concepts to her classmates, she kept others at arm's length, wary of letting anyone too close for fear of being hurt. Her ambition burned fiercely within her, consuming her every waking moment. She could allow nothing to distract her from her singular pursuit of success, not even the prospect of forming close friendships. To Abhira, her dream was paramount, and she was unwilling to let anyone or anything stand in its way.

As the lecture progressed, the professor announced an upcoming class test, prompting a ripple of anticipation through the room. Abhira's determination only seemed to intensify at the prospect of yet another academic challenge.

In the row ahead, Kartik, a fellow student with whom Abhira had developed a friendly yet competitive rivalry, turned to her with a smug smile. They had been vying for the top spot in their class ever since they first crossed paths.

Despite Kartik's playful demeanor, Abhira knew that beneath his grin lay a fierce determination to outshine her in the upcoming test. But rather than feeling intimidated, she welcomed the competition, viewing it as an opportunity to push herself further. With a quiet resolve, Abhira returned Kartik's smile with a determined glint in her eye.

As Abhira made her way out of the lecture hall, her movements were purposeful and efficient, reflecting her disciplined approach to life. While other students lingered, engaging in casual conversations and laughter, she remained focused and composed, her mind already shifting gears to the responsibilities that awaited her outside the university walls. Amidst the bustling corridor filled with the chatter of her peers, Abhira maintained her solitary path, a silent observer amidst the noise. She preferred the tranquility of her own thoughts to the distractions of idle chatter, finding solace in the clarity that came with solitude.

Hailing a rickshaw to the office where she was interning, Abhira settled into the backseat, the rhythmic hum of the city streets providing a backdrop to her contemplations. Her mind drifted back to Armaan, his image flickering in her thoughts like a distant memory. He had sent her a heartfelt email a year ago, filled with apologies and best wishes for her. But she had remained steadfast in her decision to maintain a resolute silence. She had read the email so many times that she had every word memorized. Though his words had stirred a multitude of emotions within her, including a lingering sense of longing and a flicker of forgiveness, she chose to keep her distance out of a sense of wounded pride.

She had never ceased to wonder about him though. The absence of any mention of Armaan from the Poddar & Poddar Associates website weighed heavily on her mind. No longer featured among the ranks of his former colleagues, he had seemingly vanished from the digital landscape. She had scoured the depths of the internet in search of any clues about his whereabouts, but had found nothing. She was not in touch with any other family members, so there was no way of knowing about Armaan unless she contacted him herself.

But despite her curiosity, Abhira remained resolute in her decision to maintain her silence. Pride and self-preservation dictated her actions, compelling her to bury her inner turmoil beneath a veneer of stoicism.

In any event, their first divorce hearing was scheduled for a week later in Udaipur. Abhira braced herself for the encounter, steeling her resolve against the emotions that threatened to overwhelm her. She knew that seeing Armaan again would reopen old wounds, but she was determined not to let him see how deeply he had affected her.

For every day since she had received the summons from the Court, Abhira had steeled herself for the inevitable confrontation, determined to stand her ground and protect herself from further hurt. She knew that allowing herself to be vulnerable in front of Armaan would only invite further pain, and she was resolved to guard her heart against any further damage. With each passing moment, she fortified her defenses, steeling herself for the emotional upheaval that lay ahead.

Meanwhile, living away from his family in Delhi, Armaan had chosen a path veiled in obscurity. Despite his legal expertise, he eschewed the allure of prestigious law firms, opting instead to dedicate his skills to pro bono work at a legal aid clinic, where he found solace in offering legal assistance to impoverished individuals. The decision to distance himself from his family's legacy was a deliberate one, born out of a desire to shield them from the shame and scandal of his actions. Armaan could have easily pursued a lucrative career in another prestigious law firm, but people would have wondered why he was no longer a part of Poddar & Poddar Associates, and he could not allow such questions to mar his family's stellar reputation.

The revelation of his wrongdoings had severed the ties that bound him to his family, casting him adrift in a sea of isolation and remorse. When he had confessed to them the truth about his actions, the consequences had been swift and unforgiving. His family had cast him out, their judgment echoing in the hollow chambers of his heart.

Armaan had braced himself for the storm of his family's anger, knowing full well that he was the architect of his own downfall, responsible for driving Rohit away from the sanctuary of their home. As the matriarch of the family, Dadisa's fury had been a force to be reckoned with, her unwavering adherence to tradition and values amplifying the magnitude of his transgressions in her eyes. Her disappointment had cut deep, a sharp reminder of the expectations he had failed to meet and the legacy he had tarnished.

As he had faced the brunt of his family's anger, each accusation had felt like a dagger aimed at his heart, each reproach a reminder of the irreparable damage he had wrought upon their lives. And amidst the chaos of their condemnation, he had stood alone, a solitary figure shrouded in the shadows of his own guilt, bearing the burden of their collective disappointment.

But it was his mother, Vidya's reaction that had pierced his heart with the sharpest arrow of all. Her love for him had always been unconditional, a steadfast anchor in the tempest of his life. To see the pain reflected in her eyes, to feel the weight of her sorrow bearing down upon him, had hit him the hardest. While the other family members had shouted at him relentlessly, her silence had spoken volumes, a silent reproach that echoed in the depths of his soul, a testament to the depth of his betrayal and the magnitude of his failure as a son.

As he was preparing to leave Poddar mansion, his heart shattered by the weight of his family's condemnation, he was halted by the unexpected presence of Vidya. As their eyes met, a myriad of emotions passed between them... And then, in a voice heavy with sorrow, Vidya spoke, her words a lamentation for the son she had lost.

"What disappointed me the most, Armaan," she began, her voice trembling with emotion, "was not just what you did to Rohit and to us as a family, but the way you treated Abhira. I always loved you as my son, but today you showed me that you are, after all, your father's son too."

In that moment, he saw himself through Vidya's eyes, a reflection of his father's transgressions, a painful reminder of the betrayal that had shattered their family, and the wounds that had been inflicted on her self-respect when her husband had continued to harbor feelings for another woman despite being married to her. The realization cut Armaan to the core, his sense of self-worth crumbling beneath the weight of his own failures.

He had always strived to be the son his mother deserved, to embody the values of integrity and loyalty that she had instilled in him since childhood. But now, as he stood before her, he saw only the echoes of his father's mistakes mirrored in his own actions, a damning testament to the depths to which he had fallen.

As Armaan grappled with the weight of his mother's words, he found himself at a loss for any response that could adequately convey the depth of his remorse. The tears that welled in his eyes betrayed the storm of emotions raging within him, but no words seemed sufficient to articulate the profound regret that gnawed at his soul.

In the days that followed, Armaan attempted to find the words that had eluded him and expressed his profound regrets in an email to Abhira. But she never responded. Her silence was a testament to the chasm that had opened up between them—a divide forged by betrayal and broken promises. Armaan wondered if his words had reached her at all, if she had even bothered to read his apology.

In the heart of Delhi, amidst the bustling streets and towering buildings, Armaan led a life of solitude that seemed to stretch on endlessly. His modest apartment, tucked away in a quiet corner of the city, became both his sanctuary and his prison. Within its walls, he grappled with the weight of his past mistakes, the memories of his fractured family haunting him at every turn. And it was within those walls that the absence of his loved ones hit him hard. For so long, his identity had been intertwined with his family's, his purpose in life defined by his role within the family. Now, stripped of those connections, he found himself adrift, lost in a sea of uncertainty and regret.

The silence that enveloped his solitary existence served as a constant reminder of the void that had been left in his life – a void that no amount of work or distraction could ever hope to fill. He longed for the familiar sounds of laughter and conversation, the warmth of familial bonds that had once sustained him through even the darkest of times.

And he longed for Abhira.

As the days stretched into weeks and the weeks into months, Armaan found his thoughts invariably drifting back to Abhira. With each passing moment, he couldn't shake the sensation that gnawed at his consciousness, a persistent reminder of the woman he had wronged and the pain he had inflicted upon her.

Not a day went by without him wondering how Abhira was faring in the world beyond his reach. His mind was plagued by a litany of unanswered questions, each more poignant than the last. Did she still harbor resentment towards him, or had time softened the edges of her anger, allowing her to move forward with her life? Was she surrounded by friends and well-wishers, their presence a source of comfort and support in her darkest hours? Or did she, like him, find solace in solitude?

The uncertainty tortured him incessantly, a constant reminder of the irreparable damage he had wrought upon their relationship. He could only hope that, wherever she was, she had found the peace and happiness that had eluded them both in the wake of their tumultuous parting. And as he gazed out at the bustling streets of Delhi, he couldn't help but wonder if, somewhere out there, Abhira was thinking of him too.

In the days leading up to the first divorce hearing in Udaipur, Armaan's mind was fraught with even more questions. He wondered if Abhira would be there, if she had managed to receive the court summons that had been sent to Dev Shekhawat's firm in the hope that Dev knew her whereabouts. It was a slim hope, but it was all he had.

As he braced himself for the hearing, Armaan found himself oscillating between hope and despair. On one hand, he yearned for the chance to see Abhira again, to see for himself that she was well. Yet, on the other hand, he feared the prospect of facing her once more, knowing full well the pain and anguish his presence might inflict upon her.

Amidst these thoughts, the thought of returning to Udaipur for the hearing, the city he had not set foot in since being cast out by his family, filled him with a sense of trepidation. It would be a journey into the heart of his past, a confrontation with the ghosts that haunted him still.

The days leading up to the hearing were marked by a palpable sense of tension, each passing moment bringing him closer to the inevitable confrontation. He couldn't stop thinking of the fact that the outcome of this first hearing would begin to shape the course of his future, and that of his relationship with Abhira.

There was a part of him that dreaded the thought of being separated from Abhira, of facing the finality of their relationship in the cold confines of a courtroom. He couldn't bear the idea of losing her, of watching her slip through his fingers like grains of sand, never to return.

Yet, intertwined with that fear was a deep-seated sense of resignation – a recognition that perhaps their paths were meant to diverge. He knew that Abhira deserved happiness, even if it meant finding it beyond the confines of their relationship. In his heart of hearts, Armaan longed for Abhira to find the peace and fulfillment that had eluded her for so long. He wanted her to soar, to pursue her dreams with the same unwavering determination that had always defined her... even if the thought of her happiness coming at the cost of his own tore at his soul.

Part Eight

Edited by whimsical - 5 months ago
8Lucky88 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Outstanding chapter 👏

Loved how you described the feelings and emotions of vidya and armaan realization of how deeply he has caused pain to vidya and abhira

Curious to read how divorce proceedings will go - are you thinking of court decision that would force them to live together for some period of time away from family or immediate divorce? I hope vidya shows up in support of abhira at the court

Excited to read more