Pinecone thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 months ago

Waiting for update!

whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Thank you all so much for the lovely feedback!! smiley31

@ Pinecone: As always, thank you for being so prompt and regular and so very encouraging with your feedback smiley27

@ Bidaaifan09: Aww, glad you thought so. It was a bit of a long wait indeed smiley9

@ Natasha0404: Thank you!

@ Supervampire: Thank you, so glad you could connect to the emotions!

@ alekhika20: Thank you!

@ Shamitashah1001: What a lovely comment from one of the loveliest IFers! smiley31You are so sweet, thank you!

@ SIP1997: Aw, thank you! I sometimes worry that I am dragging things on a bit, but I'm glad you find the progression natural.

@ Nocturnal7: As always, hugely encouraging to read your detailed comments! Also, so flattering because I so admire your works. Thank you! Yes, the insecurity will come back, it has to - but I might have lost sight of that if it were not for your reminder. So thank you for that as well.

@ AashiqanaFan: Thank you! Yes, the saree part was a bit of a cliché, but I guess sometimes clichés are popular for a reason. Also, in my mind, this is the course that the serial could have taken, so I kind of write with TV in mind.

@ checky88: Hehe.. based on what was happening in the show 12 days ago, it was not too hard to write something better here smiley17 Glad the show is starting to pick up slightly now, because it was really demotivating to write, while seeing what was going on in the show in paralell. Thanks for commenting!

@ CaptDeadpool007: Haha! You picked on the "encounter" word at the end of the chapter. I had already planned to bring in Manisha Chachisa & Co, so threw in a little hint at the end. It's so cool that you caught on to that. Thanks for commenting!

@ 8Lucky88: Ab Dilli door nahin hai smiley17 I know I said that before too, but now it's literally round the corner.

@ arshisimple: Thank you! Glad you are able to relate!

Edited by whimsical - 4 months ago
whimsical thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

PART TWENTY-TWO

Amidst the euphoria of her graduation and the warmth of her togetherness with Armaan and the promise that it held, Abhira barely noticed when their steps led them towards an encounter that made them stop in their tracks.

Her eyes widened in surprise at the sight of familiar faces waiting for her – Manisha Chachisa, Rohit, Krish, Kiara, and Aryan. Their presence was like a sudden gust of wind, stirring up a whirlwind of emotions within her. For a moment, Abhira's mind struggled to comprehend the reality of their presence, her heart fluttering with a mixture of shock and uncertainty.

Beside her, Armaan's expression mirrored her own bewilderment, his gaze flickering between the unexpected guests and Abhira, the weight of the moment hanging heavy between them. It was a reunion neither of them had anticipated, and yet, here they stood.

Abhira felt a pang of longing for the familiarity of their presence, coupled with a sense of apprehension about what their sudden appearance might entail. She couldn't deny the lingering hurt and resentment from the past, the wounds that had yet to fully heal.

As she met their gazes, Abhira felt a rush of memories flooding back – the laughter shared, the tears shed, and the bonds that had once connected them. Despite the passage of time and the distance that had grown between them, a part of her still yearned for the warmth of their love and acceptance.

Manisha Chachisa spoke first, her voice tinged with sincerity and regret. "I know you may not have wanted us to be here, but we couldn't help but want to be a part of your special day. We are all so proud of you, Abhira. And Armaan, you have no idea how much we missed you."

Armaan's heart yearned to close the distance and embrace them all, to reclaim a fragment of the warmth and belonging he once felt. Yet, restraint held him back. He knew that his past wrongdoings had not been forgotten, and neither was his outsider status in the family. Dadisa's cold demeanor towards him at the Goenka house had made that abundantly clear.

Abhira sensed his turmoil and gave a reassuring squeeze to his hand. The warmth of her touch anchored him, reminding him that despite everything, he was not alone. She turned her gaze back to their unexpected guests, a tentative smile forming on her lips.

"Thank you," was all she could muster, still confused.

"You should be scolding us, not thanking us," Aryan muttered, his eyes lowered, "We missed you so much, bhabhi, and you too, bhaiyya... But we were scared to contact you... Dadisa made us swear not to. We are really sorry."

Abhira's gaze shifted to Armaan, concern etched into her features as she observed the hurt reflected in his eyes. Yet, amidst the pain, there was a resignation, a lack of surprise that struck her to the core. It was as though being treated like a pariah was the norm for him, as though he had grown accustomed to the disdain directed his way, as though he believed he deserved it. The realization pierced her heart, filling her with a profound ache for him.

"Does Dadisa know you're here?" Abhira asked softly, her voice tinged with sympathy. She knew all too well the weight of Dadisa's disapproval, the suffocating influence she wielded over the family. The thought of the kids facing her wrath filled her with a sense of foreboding, a fear of the repercussions they might endure for daring to defy her wishes.

The cousins exchanged glances before Rohit stepped forward, his demeanor marked by a newfound determination. It had broken something in him, to be face to face with Armaan and Abhira, and yet, unable to meet them properly. He recounted how he had come to the realization that they could no longer abide by Dadisa's controlling influence. His frustration at his own passivity in the face of the injustice against Armaan and Abhira was evident, yet so too was his unwavering determination to confront it head-on.

"In the days after we saw you at the Goenka house, I couldn't stop thinking about how wrong everything felt," Rohit began, his voice steady despite the emotion that simmered beneath. "Dadisa's hold over us, her insistence on keeping us apart — it felt suffocating. We knew we had to make a stand, to break free from her control."

He had confronted Dadisa, and in a show of solidarity, Manisha Chachisa had stood by Rohit's side. For years, she had silently borne witness to the injustices suffered by Armaan and Abhira, her heart heavy with suppressed anguish. But that day, she had reached her breaking point, realizing that enough was enough. With a resolute spirit, she had joined Rohit in his stand against Dadisa's tyranny, her voice ringing with a quiet yet unwavering resolve.

A few days later, Manisha Chachisa and Manoj Chachasa had left Poddar Mansion, with Kiara and Aryan in tow. It was a departure marked not only by physical distance but also by a newfound sense of independence.

Manoj Chachasa was now setting up his own law firm in Delhi. It was a decision born out of a deep-seated desire to reclaim his sense of autonomy and self-worth. No longer content to remain in the shadows of the other Poddars, his competence constantly belittled and overlooked, he seized the opportunity to forge his own path in the legal profession.

The prospect of establishing his own firm was daunting, fraught with challenges and uncertainties. Yet, it also held the promise of liberation and fulfillment, a chance for Manoj to finally showcase his skills and expertise on his own terms.

Armaan's face broke into a slight smile, as he heard about Manoj Chachasa's struggles. He knew that with Manisha Chachisa's support, even the most difficult moments would have been infused with a sense of joy and positivity. He could imagine how her cheerful demeanor and jovial spirit would be like a breath of fresh air, lifting Manoj's spirits and energizing him to face each day with renewed enthusiasm.

"We are starting afresh," Manisha Chachisa said, her voice carrying a mix of determination and hope. "And we wanted you to know that we're here for you both, no matter what. Mannu couldn't come today because of his work commitments but he wants you to know that his blessings are with you, always."

"Charu also wishes she could come," Krish chipped in, "But it was difficult for her to leave. Unlike Aryan and Kiara, Charu and I are still living there..."

His gaze lowered, as his words trailed away, and Armaan could sense that something was troubling him deeply. There was pain in Krish's eyes, mixed with helplessness and frustration. It was as if a heavy burden was pressing down on him, one that he had been carrying for far too long.

Armaan placed a reassuring hand on Krish's shoulder, his eyes filled with questions. Krish's frame trembled slightly, and he took a deep breath, trying to steady himself.

Finally, Krish spoke, his voice barely above a whisper.

"The reason Charu and I can't leave is because we can't abandon Maa. She's... she's been in an abusive relationship with her husband for so long that she knows no other way. She's scared to fly out, scared to even admit to herself that there's something fundamentally rotten in her marriage. She has normalized the emotional abuse... and the physical abuse too."

Krish took a deep breath, the weight of his words hanging heavy in the air. "Maa prefers to hold on to her delusions — that her husband isn't a bad person and that her mother could never do anything to hurt her. Because those delusions are so deeply ingrained in her, that if they break, she might break too. Charu and I, we stay with her because we can't leave her alone in that toxic environment. We realized how damaging it is, for her and us as well.. but we'll continue to stay until she's ready to move out. We can't force her, but we can be there for her when she's ready to see the truth."

The impact of his revelation settled over Abhira and Armaan like a heavy, suffocating fog.

Abhira's face crumpled, her hand covering her mouth as she fought back sobs. She had known Phuphasa to be a ruthless man with no scruple, but she had not imagined the extent of abuse that Kajal Buasa had been enduring all these years... that too from a man who was hero-worshipped by her own mother! She looked at Armaan, and saw her own shock and horror mirrored in his eyes. Kajal Buasa had played her part well, deceiving not just herself but all of them, into believing in a different reality than the one she was living, day in, day out.

Armaan felt his throat tighten, a profound sadness and sense of guilt gripping him as he looked at Krish. His restraint broke down entirely. Krish... Krish was his family. Seeing him in such a state tore at Armaan's heart. His mind filled with images of Charu — the vivacious, ambitious girl with dreams sparkling in her eyes — who, out of love for her mother, had chosen to stay in a toxic environment, and fight everyday against regressive norms of what women could and could not do.

Overwhelmed, Armaan stepped closer, wrapping his arms around his cousin in a comforting embrace. He no longer cared if Dadisa and some other family members saw him as an outsider; this was his family... their pain was his pain. They were a part of him, and they always would be.

"We'll get through this together," Armaan whispered, his voice thick with emotion. "You, Charu, and your mother — you all deserve better, and we'll make sure you have it."

Krish’s shoulders shook with silent sobs, the weight of his burdens momentarily lightened by the love and solidarity enveloping him. Abhira’s voice trembled as she spoke, reaching out to place her hand against his back, "Krish, we're here for you. You're not alone in this fight."

"No," Krish said, his voice steadier now. "It's the beginning of a new life for you. Neither Charu nor I would want you to step back into that quicksand. You have both been through a lot; now is your time to move on, start your new life together, without being held back."

"Yes, Armaan," Manisha Chachisa interjected, her voice kind but firm, "You will no longer sacrifice your happiness for anyone. I will not allow it. You have done more than enough for the Poddars and you were never valued as you should have been. Enough now! You will not go back to those people to get yourself and your wife insulted again. And Abhira, you too... they don't deserve you... Now is the time for you to build your life together away from that toxicity. It took Mannu and I so many years... but you won't repeat our mistakes. And that is final!"

Abhira's heart went out to Manisha, grateful that there was someone who had Armaan's back in that family, who saw what all he had been through... someone who saw the unnecessary guilt and feeling of indebtedness that he had carried for so long, that he knew no other way to feel, than to feel undeserving of happiness.

"Don't worry, bhaiyya," Krish said, "Just like Manisha Chachisa has moved out, someday, Maa, Charu, and I will as well. And I can see that Maa is slowly improving, she is starting to find her voice slowly. She has secretly started therapy after our relentless badgering. We have hope still."

Armaan felt a pang of sadness as Krish expressed his determination. He couldn't bear the thought of Krish and Charu shouldering such a heavy burden alone. To Armaan's eyes who had watched them all grow before his eyes, Krish and Charu were kids still. But despite Armaan's protests, Krish stood firm on his decision, assuring him that his mother just needed some time to heal and gather the strength to break free from the toxic environment they were in.

"And Jiji needs time too," Manisha Chachisa reflected sadly.

Armaan's heart skipped a beat at the mention of his mother. The mere thought of her stirred a mixture of emotions within him — longing, regret, and a faint glimmer of hope.

"Are they okay? Maa and Papa?" Armaan asked.

"Yes," Rohit reassured him, "I am there. Albeit that I am no longer the golden boy in Dadisa's eyes, I am still at Poddar mansion, and don't worry, they are okay."

Armaan hesitated, before he asked, his tone resigned as though he already knew the answer, "Is she still angry with me?"

"No," Rohit replied gently, sensing Armaan's apprehension. "But she is too devoted to Dadisa to step out of her shadow and her rules. And Papa is standing by her. He had not been the best husband to her at the beginning of their marriage, and unintentionally caused her a lot of hurt... But he is attempting to right those wrongs now. He would have liked to defy Dadisa too. He misses you both so much, and has been watching over you from a distance all these months, making sure you're okay. If he has held back, it is only because he cannot stand the look of disappointment in Maa's eyes anymore. And also because he knows Maa misses you, and sooner or later, she will admit it."

Armaan felt a knot tighten in his chest, a heavy sense of resignation settling over him as he absorbed Rohit's words. For so long, he had carried the assumption that his father despised him for what he had done to Abhira, that the rift between them was irreparable. But hearing Rohit speak of his father's helplessness, the love veiled within that helplessness, stirred something within him—a glimmer of hope, fragile yet undeniable.

As Rohit's words sank in, Armaan felt a surge of conflicting emotions—pain at the thought of his father's silent suffering, but also a tentative hope that perhaps, just perhaps, his parents still loved him and were capable of forgiveness. It was a fragile hope, like a delicate flower blooming amidst the ruins of their fractured relationship, offering a glimpse of warmth amid the coldness of past rejections.

Yet, he had gone through too much rejection to allow himself to entertain the possibility of reconciliation, of rebuilding the bridges that had been burned in the heat of past grievances. The scars of past wounds still lingered, tender reminders of the pain he had endured, and Armaan found himself hesitant to open himself up to the vulnerability of hope once more.

The fear of being let down again loomed large in his heart, a shadow that threatened to extinguish the flicker of hope that dared to ignite within him. He had learned to steel himself against disappointment, to build walls around his heart to shield himself from the sting of rejection.

And so, while a part of him longed for the healing and restoration of his fractured family, Armaan hesitated to grasp onto the fragile threads of reconciliation. He preferred to be grateful for the bonds that were beginning to renew before his eyes, for the moments of connection and understanding. Instead of clinging to the wisps of a dream that may never be, Armaan chose to cherish the present, embracing the love and support that surrounded him, even as he remained cautious of the uncertainties that lay ahead.

"Bhaiyyaaaa," Kiara interrupted Armaan's thoughts, as she brushed the tears rolling down his face, "We came here to be part of your happiness, not make you cry. It's bhabhi's super special day today, we need to celebrate!"

"But wait... how did you know I'd be here, graduating today?" Abhira asked, voicing the question that had been on her mind since the very start.

A mischievous grin appeared on Krish's face as he spoke, "We had Dev Shekhawat's girlfriend coax the information out of him."

Armaan and Abhira exchanged confused glances, bewildered by the snickering of their cousins.

"Dev Sir's girlfriend? Who?" Abhira inquired, her curiosity piqued.

Rohit cast a knowing glance at Armaan, a silent understanding flowing between them, a connection that had been woven over years of shared experiences and unbreakable bonds. It was a familiarity that transcended words, an unspoken language that only they could understand, like two halves of a whole, each complementing the other in ways that went beyond mere communication.

"Charu?" Armaan whispered.

Armaan beamed as Rohit confirmed his hunch.

Dev Shekhawat was a fine choice indeed. An upright lawyer, honest and principled, who had been such a tremendous support to Abhira in her journey. Armaan felt a weight lift off his chest ever so slightly... Charu would find her happiness too.

Edited by whimsical - 4 months ago
Pinecone thumbnail

Awesome chapter! This FF is so awesome. I wanna spam the writers with this FF and ask them to write a sensible plot like this instead of the crap they give.

Kalma007 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail + 2

Omg this was such a beautiful chapter that I wished it never ended!!! Made me so, so happy to see Abhimaan's fanclub come to support them! 😍😍😍😍

arshisimple thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

This was such a beautiful chapter 💕 I loved it that there’s still hope for Armaan and Abhira!! They are not alone and they have family!! I so wish that the show would have shown something sensible like this instead 💕

Natasha0404 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Team Abhira (Gen 4)

Very nicely written.Hope this was actually shown in the real episode.
SIP1997 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

I loved, loved this update.

You what I love about your story? That, it is not only about Abhira, but its about both Abhira and Arman. While Abhira has no family and it was only she and her mom, but Arman who had a family, was still alone growing up.

I am so glad that the family that matters came to support them both.

Waiting for more!

alekhika20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail

Awesome update,cont soon

Pinecone thumbnail

Please update soon. I look forward to Armaan Abhira living together in Delhi phase.