Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tweetyangel thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I see her as Pronita and not Bani.  The way she is protraying the character has made it loose it's essence, the charm.  I find her potrayal too harsh.  You don't have to be loud or harsh to show strength.  Atleast the softness should come through in her scenes with Jai, Rano, Raashi, which does not happen.  I see her potraying the character of Pronita that she has created and not taking on the mantle of Bani. 

Bani has shown great strength in several points in the show, like when she stood up for her sisters against Jai, Ranveer, or against Jigyasa.  This revenge track is as lame as the DDG track.  There we had mice and here we have pillow fights.  Just harsh facial expressions does not bring about a strong character.  I see her playing Vedika with a new name.  As she keeps on repeating she has played these characters and it's nothing new or different for her. 
Lord-Mangeshwar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Nice to see the outpouring of support for Gurdeep ji's awesome work! πŸ‘πŸΌ

Even I've become a big fan of her work. I'm mainly into Mahabharat these days, but in the UK I watch the KS episodes and I enjoy watching Gurdeep ji's work everytime πŸ‘

The thing I like now about Bani is that she no longer comes across as a weakling - these days, there is no part of Bani which makes it seem that people can get their way with her and string her along like a puppet. The new-found strength is something that I like very much - I think it gives a LOT more potential for story πŸ‘πŸΌ

I have to hand it to Gurdeep ji - her powerpacked performance seems to be giving the creatives lots of options with story πŸ‘

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more of Gurdeep ji in action.

God bless.
555W59 thumbnail
Don't like her as Bani at all.  I don't like her facial expressions and I think she majorly overacts.  I hope she is enjoying the pillow fights and the third class cat fights that the creative team have dreamed up for her. 
kinu17 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
100% agree with u gurdeep is doing very well and she looks very nice with jai walia i must say cute couple πŸ˜‰
Naddi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
i to think Gurdeep is better than Bani because she is a stronger bani and a more strenghened bani. i do like prachi but i like this new prachi nby CHARACTER
Sheena_Row thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I stopped watching KS after I discovered that I seem to be disliking Pronita more than Meera....🀣 Even during the catfight, I was sympathizing more with Meera than Pronita.πŸ€” And Meera is the villain.

I seriously think that Prachi at 17 was a much better actress in the first year of KS (The second year was body doubles, bad schedules and worse story lines) than Gurdeep in the past few months. The so called experienced pro, Gurdeep is very adept at overacting, that's for sure.

What endeared me to Bani was her innocence, her integrity and her forthrightness - all of which Prachi played amazingly.

Gurdeep on the other hand has been overacting from the very beginning, the widening of the eyes, the  raised eyebrows are no exactly great acting.

It is unfair is that the improved story line (For a short period of time) has been attributed to the acceptance of KS, not Gurdeep's acting.

But in the absence of giant trees, a castor tree is big tree (I translated that adage from a telugu saying)

Since Prachi is gone, and she wanted to leave on her own, and the 16 year leap happened, and Pallavi was brought in as Meera when Bani was alive, I guess the audience has no choice, other than accepting Gurdeep in her absence. She does fit the bit as a 'Mature' and vengeful replacement - not the original.

I think people are accepting Gurdeep because of RK and they would rather watch the show with Pronita than shelve it completely.

tina28 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yea ,Gurdeep is doing a good job.......she makes a good match with Ram KapoorπŸ‘β€οΈ
scifichick thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I stopped watching KS after realizing that I couldn't connect Pronita with Bani. It was like watching JW romancing or having eyelocking sessions with a stranger. There was no chemistry between JW and BW anymore.

PD created a subtle, innocent, strong Bani. Unfortunately, GK's portrayal of Bani was and is too harsh and over the top. Strength of character doesn't need to be expressed with bulging eyeballs, arched eyebrows and an overall harsh facial expression.

Perhaps that is the maturity being expressed but the character that was created by PD was soulful and that is what is missing now.

rashi85 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i relllyy like gurdeep..i started watching it again only aftr gurdeeps entryy....i hd nt watched it since 8-9 mnths...and bt bani i too like her but when it cums  expressions gurdeep is muchh btrrrr