Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

noorejahaan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 16 years ago
I really don't understand why anyone would be happy that Geo was shut down. It just shows that there is neither freedom of speech nor freedome of media/expression in Pakistan, and that is a SAD, SAD thing! πŸ˜• It doesn't matter if you agree with their views or not - it is up to each person to decide what to believe and what not to, and for ppl to make decisions themselves they need to have ALL the facts! Not just the facts that the government wants them to have. Knowing the facts and the truth about the country you live in has nothing to do with being 'modern' or 'Western' or anything of the sort!
The country Quaid-e-Azam envisioned was certainly not one in which everyone was ignorant of the goings-on of their own government and lived in the dark - ignorance is certainly bliss, but at what price? Everyone knows Geo was only shut down because of their broadcasts of videos, etc that old the truth about the way Pakistan is being run - those videos weren't fake, and they weren't lying - they were the truth! πŸ˜‰
I'm not saying that Musharraf is a really bad President, or that I want Bhutto in power, because I certainly DON'T! I think Musharraf is a million times better than Bhutto/Sharrif. But, like them, he also doesn't know how to run a country, and he is CERTAINLY not perfect - far from it! This is no way to run a country - Pakistan needs democracy, not a military dictatorship, where ppl are purposely kept in the dark about issues which concern them the most!
Geo aur jeenay do! πŸ˜‰
I heard they shut down ARY News, too! If so, that is really a shame! 🀒
Edited by Noor_64 - 16 years ago
pknaz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Noor_64

I really don't understand why anyone would be happy that Geo was shut down. It just shows that there is neither freedom of speech nor freedome of media/expression in Pakistan, and that is a SAD, SAD thing! πŸ˜• It doesn't matter if you agree with their views or not - it is up to each person to decide what to believe and what not to, and for ppl to make decisions themselves they need to have ALL the facts! Not just the facts that the government wants them to have. Knowing the facts and the truth about the country you live in has nothing to do with being 'modern' or 'Western' or anything of the sort!
The country Quaid-e-Azam envisioned was certainly not one in which everyone was ignorant of the goings-on of their own government and lived in the dark - ignorance is certainly bliss, but at what price? Everyone knows Geo was only shut down because of their broadcasts of videos, etc that old the truth about the way Pakistan is being run - those videos weren't fake, and they weren't lying - they were the truth! πŸ˜‰
I'm not saying that Musharraf is a really bad President, or that I want Bhutto in power, because I certainly DON'T! I think Musharraf is a million times better than Bhutto/Sharrif. But, like them, he also doesn't know how to run a country, and he is CERTAINLY not perfect - far from it! This is no way to run a country - Pakistan needs democracy, not a military dictatorship, where ppl are purposely kept in the dark about issues which concern them the most!
Geo aur jeenay do! πŸ˜‰
I heard they shut down ARY News, too! If so, that is really a shame! 🀒

i agree with u with this point geo is not showing fake .evrything is true but i dont know why people dont understand it🀒

khud ko brdasht ka champion kehnay walay itni jaldi ghbra gaye 😳

Edited by pknaz - 16 years ago
aishiya thumbnail
well, geo tv (all dramas, tpm etc etc) are on channel 825 ( sky digetal).

pakistani hisab sey jo dramas atey they who sarey channel 825 par atey ahin or bakki 815 par hain jo k bohat peechey hain.. abhi one or two days he howey ahin iss baat ko , but not 100% sure, haaan uk k viewerss abb tpm mein , mehndi waley hath etc etc(jo bhai nomi geo k daramas post kartey they , oss sey agey ki epiosods ) channel 825 par dekh saktey hain (
its working in ireland n hope its working all over europ!!
pknaz thumbnail
in u s a geo is working for entertainment all the serials and shows r coming πŸ˜›
anji thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
U guys don't u understand geo is not shut down. Just Geo news channel is shut down and they have no rights to telecast geo news, well not after what they did.
and those who r actually supporting geo news channel maybe u have no idea that geo news channel and ary one world create lots of controversies inside Pak. They were showing stuff which news channels r not allowed too.So i think it's good that Geo news is shut down. Geo never showed any good thing about Pakistan always showing bad news and one sided discussions.
Edited by anji - 16 years ago
aishiya thumbnail
well, they were trying to show to the turth, which some people doesnt like to see or may be they dont want to see , how other people are dying n being treated by musharif"s govt!!!

and no one would imgain and would like to see the truth untill all that bad things happen to them, its deadly easy to say, musharif did right thing, but ask those people, who r insulted ( for example, imran khan"s sis) and people are killed, BUT what if its ur sis, mother borther or dad , relative, friends would been instead of those people?

please try to put urself in that situtions and then say /comment!!(which most of the people dont do!!)

tc
bye

-De.De- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: amy22

Why are you guys being happy that geo news won't be aired anymore? It's nothing to be happy actually cuz the government doesn't want people living in Pakistan to know what exactly is happening in their country. Geo was airing everything the way it actually was and this hurt the government... so they wanted it to shut down. Media should be given its freedom and it's simply sad that there's no jamhooriyat in Islami JAMHOORIYA Pakistan...

Government has banned the channel cuz they were showing what Musharraf is up to... they were having discussions and debates about our country's situation and where the government is leading our country to. People like Dr. Shahid Masood are pride of our country who dun fear the cheap coward government and speak the truth.

Yeah, it's nice that only entertainment will be aired now... but think of those who've lost their jobs in the channel and those in Pakistan who only got the info through Geo what's happening in Pakistan...

Now Geo and ARY News are all banned so people in Pakistan dunno what our government is doing... it's simply pathetic and nothing to be happy or proud of.

Quiad-e-Azam wanted a country in which the media was given it's freedom... Allama Iqbal wanted our nation to shine amongst others... and all we are seeing is hatred all over the country... media is being controlled and destroyed. Shame on our government!

I totally agree with you they only shutted down Geo so they cant shoiw what Musharaaf is upto😑😑😑 and that is totally wrong.
waqai hi Gov hi pakstan ko khah jayegi😑😑😑
amy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: laney

I agree with u

very well said

Geo wasn't playing ANY games. They said what was true. They were showing the truth only. They didn't criticize the government only but also all the other parties who were wrong. This is your misconception.

pknaz thumbnail

Originally posted by: amy22

Geo wasn't playing ANY games. They said what was true. They were showing the truth only. They didn't criticize the government only but also all the other parties who were wrong. This is your misconception.

i agree amy people have to open their minds why musharaf doing allof this stuff
pknaz thumbnail
yeh jo kuch bhi musharaf sahib karrahay hain yeh choti say choti zehniat ka insan bhi nahin kartakarta hai
court par attack kardia becoz sacha faisla anay wala tha sab jujiz ko nazarbandkar aur woh bitha diye jo musharaf kay saath ka decision kartay πŸ˜‰
geo bund kar dia koi schai na dekh sakay
lekin sach kabi chup nahin sakta
ab musharaf kay janay ka waqat aa gaya hai 😑 😑
kia aik president ka zehan bhi itna chota ho sakta hai apni kursi ki khatir apnay mulak ko hi dao parlaga dia

qadam qadam pe hoga undhairoon ka samna
jo doondtay hain ujalay unhain khabar kar do
GEO will be back soon with all truthπŸ‘
Edited by pknaz - 16 years ago