Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mermaid_QT thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: lighthouse

And am not sure about the HORMONAL theory either...!!! because I see a lot of kids crying and am sure it has nothing to do with hormones... Her-mones are to be blamed in sports competitions against men though..!!!πŸ˜‰

I was making sure the hormones discussed here are female hormones.  

The theory of endorphins (also hormones, though not selectively female-hormones) being mood elevators is more than just a theory 😳

exercise-released endorphin info is well-documented here
http://www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk/studentwebs/session5/26/HO RMONES.html
there are obviously papers available that prove the connection between tears and endorphins widely available online at NCBI library as well as some valid news and articles on googleπŸ˜ƒ
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SolidSnake

Now I understand why Mayawati/Mamta etc keep screaming....πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†..πŸ˜†. and make mulayam cry

lighthouse thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

I was making sure the hormones discussed here are female hormones.  

The theory of endorphins (also hormones, though not selectively female-hormones) being mood elevators is more than just a theory 😳

exercise-released endorphin info is well-documented here
http://www.portfolio.mvm.ed.ac.uk/studentwebs/session5/26/HO RMONES.html
there are obviously papers available that prove the connection between tears and endorphins widely available online at NCBI library as well as some valid news and articles on googleπŸ˜ƒ

Totaly agree about exercise related endorphin for wellbeing...However I speak from personal experience about crying and it could actualy leave someone in worse state then before..Crying your distress out is not the ultimate answer for everyone.....

Studies have also proved that Prozac and antidepressants can sometimes be cause for suicides too.... 

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: lighthouse

Totaly agree about exercise related endorphin for wellbeing...However I speak from personal experience about crying and it could actualy leave someone in worse state then before..Crying your distress out is not the ultimate answer for everyone.....

Studies have also proved that Prozac and antidepressants can sometimes be cause for suicides too.... 

and i agree with you.  that's why in my post, i also described how everything is good in moderation πŸ˜†πŸ˜† inclding endorphins, tears and what not. 
many people who don;t take their pill regularly, end up being more depressed and committ suicide.. that is true and sad as we both agree.
Edited by mermaid_QT - 17 years ago
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: egghatcher

will let a woman speak for once again.........sigh!!

Do real men cry?

# 5
by Ruth Woodhouse

Of course real men cry! Crying is a natural response of any human being, male or female. Why should men feel embarrassed or somehow less masculine because they cry? They have tear ducts, don't they? If men were not meant to cry, why were they given tear ducts - or why do they not shrivel up during puberty?

Babies cry unreservedly - and as they grow into toddlers and on into early school years, they continue to cry frequently. My little boy will burst into tears over the smallest thing - or so it seems to me. To him they are not small things of course.

As we mature, we learn that we have to control our responses of various kinds. This is a necessity - but it can certainly be taken too far. Boys are given the strong message in our society that tears are a sign of being a softie or a sissy! How unhealthy is such a message! I am sure relationships in general would benefit from boys being given the message that, while we need to control our emotions and reactions to some degree in social situations, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a boy or man shedding tears when he has good reason to feel very sad or distressed.

Many grown men do indeed cry - and a lot of them are anything but weak or soft. These men are in touch with their feelings - and that can only be a healthy thing. Tears were created for a purpose. They relieve the pressure on our minds - and that is beneficial to the whole person. Crying releases endorphins into the body. Endorphins are hormones that make us feel better. So ironically having a good cry can make you feel better and enable you to cope better with whatever has caused you to cry. Why should men be denied this natural process of responding to and handling the stresses and heartaches of life? Maybe less men would become so desperate that they take their own lives if they had been given permission to cry down the years.

I certainly do not think badly of a man who cries about something that touches their humanity deeply. I would only think more highly of them. Last year I saw an Oprah Winfrey tribute to a young boy called Mattie Stepanek who had passed away after years of fighting a terminal condition. Firefighters and Harley riders paid honour to the 13-year-old at his funeral and it was obvious these courageous heroes and macho-men of our society were deeply moved by emotion. One thing that really stands out in my mind from that show is when they had finished playing footage of the funeral service and the camera focused on Oprah and John Travolta - both with tears brimming in their eyes. In that moment my respect for John Travolta soared. Here was a man whose fame and fortune had in no way robbed him of his humanity and ability to feel so strongly for a young boy's stoic battle that he wept unashamedly in front of thousands of viewers.

Certainly women are, generally speaking, likely to cry more readily than men - and will cry over things like sad movies - which a man generally wouldn't cry about (though there's no shame in them doing that occasionally either). But society should cut them a bit of slack over this issue. To cry is simply to be human!

egggy if the first name is Ruth - the first line will be "Of course real men cry!" πŸ˜† Btw who is this person?

raunaq thumbnail

Originally posted by: raj5000

Tips for yaa

1. Peel and keep onion in water for 10 minutes, will reduce the crying.

2.Keep on a bread slice near the cutting board will also help reduce crying..

how is the bread going to reduce tears? any explanation like qts or you are going to use it to wipe tears? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ€” Edited by raunaq - 17 years ago
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

how is the bread going to reduce tears? any explanation like qts or you are going to use it to wipe tears? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ€”

Here

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: raunaq

how is the bread going to reduce tears? any explanation like qts or you are going to use it to wipe tears? πŸ˜• πŸ˜• πŸ€”

🀣 @ bread to wipe tears..  LOL.. may be it absorbes the odor causing onion -give-aways πŸ˜† 

Wearing contacts stops the onion-cutting-rona-dhona, which i do abundant when wearing glasses.. so their may be receptors in the area covered by lens? hahaha.. the former is for real, the latter is for fun 😳

mermaid_QT thumbnail

🀣 @ bread to wipe tears..  LOL.. may be it absorbes the odor causing onion -give-aways πŸ˜† 

Wearing contacts stops the onion-cutting-rona-dhona, which i do abundant when wearing glasses.. so their may be receptors in the area covered by lens? hahaha.. the former is for real, the latter is for fun 😳

hah, Raj, some of those were funny

Regarding whether macho men cry, it amazes me that the terms like "Don;t cry like a baby". "Don't cry like a girl" are used in several cultures.  A global change needs to occur😳 with regard to allowing men to cry πŸ˜ƒ
lighthouse thumbnail

Regarding whether macho men cry, it amazes me that the terms like "Don;t cry like a baby". "Don't cry like a girl" are used in several cultures.  A global change needs to occur😳 with regard to allowing men to cry πŸ˜ƒ

Crying is one of the 4 things babies do all day.. The other 3 are sleeping, feeding and wetting diapers...πŸ˜† 

Nanny zindabad....πŸ‘πŸΌ