Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: Buffie

I concur with Tanaz.I feel Mallika has that inexplicable X factor,which NO OTHER mainstream Indian actress has..Mallika might come across as unabashed,brazen assertive and cheeky,but she has tremendous pizzaz and oodles of sex appeal,which all other actresses lack..Mallika isnt the ultimate looker,nor is she the best actress currently,but as a package,she DOES have a certain charisma and a personality.I like her confidence though,she's gutsy and isnt pretentious,and at the same time has come class!!..I feel she's underrated in Bollywood,and is mainly looked down upon with alot of disdain,she's quite an able actress actually.Hollywood is indeed a very prestigious calling,hope she makes the most of it.

Ok ok ... Both my Bolly-Tech friends have said it, Maryam takes it!😳 I won't call Mallika as a desi blonde ever😳😳

mermaid_QT thumbnail

Originally posted by: MNMS

Ok ok ... Both my Bolly-Tech friends have said it, Maryam takes it!😳 I won't call Mallika as a desi blonde ever😳😳

Loos like MS is no what u were looking for.  If u still wish to post about a desi dumb actress who can pass easily as blonde wearing fake hair, to add to her own fake self πŸ˜›, I can pm ya the name πŸ˜‰maryam. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

I find Mallika Sherawat way over-rated and she gets attention for doing nothing. As an actress she never impressed me and I have seen her interviews where she sounded confused and ignorant. Hollywood calling is not a big deal and I don't think she is going to create wonders there either.

insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: mermaid_QT

Loos like MS is no what u were looking for.  If u still wish to post about a desi dumb actress who can pass easily as blonde wearing fake hair, to add to her own fake self πŸ˜›, I can pm ya the name πŸ˜‰maryam. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Hehe QT,you REALLY cant resist even ONE oppurtunity to bash Ms.Fakeness soon to be Mrs."Pseudo Fakeness" ,do ya..??

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
MS has not been give na chance to act till now so how she can act is still to be seen but she has that X factor which does attract many people. i like her frankness which is not rude like kareena.
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

I am very pleased that she is going to Hollywood , I find so many having double standards , if shilpa shetty is in Big Brother , its considered a great honor , if ash does some desi influenced english movie , she is going places but when Mallika Sherawat does a movie with Jackie Chan ( even if its a small bit ) followed by a Holly wood movie , its no big deal , now thats called Double Standards and Hypocrisy.

If ash can be lauded then so can Mallika Sherawat, the girl surprised me in KWK with her smartness and i feel is she is more well spoken than most bollywood actresses just behind Sushmitha maybe , but she is def better than ash in conversing , I was apalled to see ash giggling in 60 minutes and putting on a fake accent . Mallika is frank and not pretencious like many actresses . She speaks her mind and knows what she is doing and wants to do . She makes no bones in accepting that she would do love scenes and wear short clothes if required unlike other so called " A grade heroines " ike ash or bipasha or preity for instance who try to act like " good decent girls " and do love making scenes and wear shorter dresses than her .

way to go Mallika , I hope she gets all the recognition she deserves πŸ‘

What is so great about going to Hollywood? Mallika is just another wooden actor like Aishwarya and Shilpa Shetty. Both of Aishwarya and Mallika have efficient managers in LA. Shilpa won because of discrimination; the votes we sent to make an Indian win against the so called racists. Now we are doing it for Sanjaya Malakar in American Idol and then we cry racism and biasπŸ˜•.

It is clear from the article that the producers wanted a South Asian to play an Iraqi woman and since Aishwarya couldn't give dates so they went to Mallika. It is not like she has arrived in Hollywood. She did another blink and miss role in Myth. She is just going to fade away like Shilpa after all the hype.

tina59 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

What is so great about going to Hollywood? Mallika is just another wooden actor like Aishwarya and Shilpa Shetty. Both of Aishwarya and Mallika have efficient managers in LA. Shilpa won because of discrimination; the votes we sent to make an Indian win against the so called racists. Now we are doing it for Sanjaya Malakar in American Idol and then we cry racism and biasπŸ˜•.

It is clear from the article that the producers wanted a South Asian to play an Iraqi woman and since Aishwarya couldn't give dates so they went to Mallika. It is not like she has arrived in Hollywood. She did another blink and miss role in Myth. She is just going to fade away like Shilpa after all the hype.

well atleast u are consistent in ur judgement and opinions , but thepost were for the ones who uised double standards when it comes to MS , if the so called " A grade heroines do it " , they are lauded and appreciated and they are proud of the actress but when MS does it , they use their double standards .

Every bollywood heroine has shed clothes , has worn shorter dresses , seductive dresses and revealing dresses . If u can name one heroine who hasnt exposed then I could say its agreeable to criticise MS but then when everyone does it why is she alone targetted , just bcoz she accepts it openly that yes she does reveal unlike other fake heroines who do it and yet claim to be fully clad and good .

the point here is double standards and hypocrisy and the image that they have of certain actress and ridicule based on that .

everyone knows the number of affairs of these " A grade heroines " with how many guys and no one seems to complain abt that yet MS gets a lot of flak of going against our " culture" when she sheds clothes ..........thats hypocrisy

Originally posted by: tina59

well atleast u are consistent in ur judgement and opinions , but thepost were for the ones who uised double standards when it comes to MS , if the so called " A grade heroines do it " , they are lauded and appreciated and they are proud of the actress but when MS does it , they use their double standards .

I know I am😳 but to speak for others.

How can you call someone hypocrite for disliking Mallika and liking Aishwarya? It is an individual's prerogative to like or dislike someone. Why Mallika should be applauded because she is less privileged and why should others be criticized for being born with a silver spoon? I speak for myself when I say that Mallika is a non-actor and a busybody. I would put her along with most who would do anything to be in news all the time even if it is wrong publicity. Her going to Hollywood is nothing new as we have been reading about it for quite some time. She already did a Myth and this is just going to be another role of that kind.

tina59 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maya_M

I know I am😳 but to speak for others.

How can you call someone hypocrite for disliking Mallika and liking Aishwarya? It is an individual's prerogative to like or dislike someone. Why Mallika should be applauded because she is less privileged and why should others be criticized for being born with a silver spoon? I speak for myself when I say that Mallika is a non-actor and a busybody. I would put her along with most who would do anything to be in news all the time even if it is wrong publicity. Her going to Hollywood is nothing new as we have been reading about it for quite some time. She already did a Myth and this is just going to be another role of that kind.

ok but the question is why does the media then laud when ash does a pride and prejudice ior mistress of spices or when shilpa shetty does a Big Brother.

I didnt see people talking or posting numerous threads abt preity Zinta when  she did a love making scene with Saif . Nor did i see anyone criticising Nandita das when she did a full fledged love making scene in Earth . Infact Bipasha in Jism was lauded and no one criticised her for her sex scenes with John .

I honestly repect each ones choices and liking and disliking someone is their choice but being biased and using double standards isnt .

she is doing a hollywood movie and thats it , acknowledge it but then going on abt her role in it and her shedding clothes ........everyone did and does it at some point of their career , why pinpoint her and not do the same with others.

anyway I think what u see as liking an actress and disliking another is seen by me as being biased and using double standards .