Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MNMS thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
My woman of substance :HELEN KELLER

A blind, deaf and mute who became a writer, a journalist and lecturer. My life inspiration. My motivation!

My mom who has supported me every where. My sis who made me realize that I'm worth more than i think. 😊

Celebrate the spirit of womanhood πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Originally posted by: TallyHo

Please read my post  on my women of substance...😳

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=530659&T PN=3

Thanks Ashu. That was wonderful and sweet.

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Serial Buff,

Thanks for sharing wonderful story about your Naniji. Very touching and emotional story. I am glad u had a person like that as your role model. May god rest her soul in peace.

Thank you, and yes I am very lucky to have been raised by her.

SholaJoBhadkey thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

ok I consider all the women above as women of substance and I mean it... QT, Maya, Buffy, lighthouse, dewey, Myth, Tania, Petsy...

with radical and modern viewpoints and a right mix of tradition... I think women of substance are these women on DM...

dont want to make up one for now...since there are too many just here..

Happy woman's day to all of you 😊

Since you have addressed me earlier as Buffy, I am assuming it's me - thank you for the compliment! Much appreciated 😊

MNMS thumbnail
[quote=serialbuff]Thank you, and yes I am very lucky to have been raised by her.[/quote]

Appu i have read your post now.. really inspirational!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘
lighthouse thumbnail

ok I consider all the women above as women of substance and I mean it... QT, Maya, Buffy, lighthouse, dewey, Myth, Tania, Petsy...

with radical and modern viewpoints and a right mix of tradition... I think women of substance are these women on DM...

Thanks Qwerts.. You didn't have to post but you did so for that πŸ‘. You never cease to amaze us.

Women of substance- I don't have any particular story but I feel there were persons(male/female) who influenced me while growing up.  My teachers and friends or kids I couldn't be friends with have all shaped up my thinking.

After coming to IF , found a lot of people who continue to be inspiration to me so I salute everyone who have played some sort of role in my time here.

Cheers, 

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks Qwert for your kind words. πŸ˜ƒ

My MIL has played great role in my life .  I am basically self made person. So I can't give anyone else credit for being the "women of substance" in my life but us two women.😳

BTW "Happy Women's Day" to the women on DM. πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Dabulls23 - 17 years ago

Originally posted by: tania.ganguly

The character of Kavita Chaudhury in Udaan who faught adversity to rise in life.

We have something in common besides poems, painting and crazinessπŸ˜†

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
    Raised four kids singly after sudden demise of spouse. Brought Reform's in rural education program hosted by Govt. Of India. Excelled in field of Art of painting, Hand reading (Palmistry). Featured as "Master of all trades" in India's leading Woman's  magazine
  • Great mentor for younger generations.

At 62 prefers to live on her own (must be fed up of taking care of us😊), enjoys her time painting and imparting free services for the cause of education. That's my inspiration and women of substance - My Mom, for all four of us she is always there with open arms to dvise/support/anything, can't imagine life without her. 

Happy Woman's Day to ALL!! 😊

IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Nice post Maya ji!!

I cannot mention any woman in specific as "My Woman of Substance" because I derive inspiration from lot of people (both men and women) and I want to be that "Woman of Substance"(May be over optimistic😊)

I like Indira Gandhi most immaterial of her drawbacks(Though I hate Nehru Dynasty)

I like Sudha Murthy of Infosys Foundation(She is service oriented ,simple, witty and decent )

I like Mother Teresa rather I feel like folding my hands and praying her whenever I see her Photograph(I don't beleive that she is a saint)

I like M.S.Subbu Lakshmi,she is alive through her classical music!!

I like Madame Curie and my favourite quote of hers is "Don't be inquisitive about people,be inquisitive about their ideas"

Cheers,

Mythili

PS: qwerty ji!!! Oh!!! your post made me laugh like this πŸ˜†,U thought its safe not to have war with ladies of DM unnecessarily!!πŸ˜†

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago