Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Junglee_Sher thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: the coolest one

isnt that a rhetoric question:for indians at least

I agree. You "should" ask, Has cricket overtaken other sports in India? not whether it is overtaking other sports in India??
6508 thumbnail

Originally posted by: abhi_123

I agree. You "should" ask, Has cricket overtaken other sports in India? not whether it is overtaking other sports in India??

Indeed you could put it like that, but that is the question, is it overtaking other sports or has it already done that and Overtaken them in India, and the rest of the world can have an input whether Cricket is a big hype in that country.😳

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Yes Cricket has already overtaken other sports.In india the most effect sport is its national sport -Hockey.How many ppl even know that hockey is India's national game?πŸ˜•

Cricketers always remain in news & addvertisements whether they r palying worstπŸ˜•, on the other hand, even when players win gold or silver in Olympicsor asian games or win any match in other sports like tennis, polo, swimming etc.they get space only in the small news in the corner of newspaper and few lines on the TVnews sometimes not even that.

hardly 13-14 countries play cricket ( mostly teams r just kid like bangladesh)and participate in the world cup.but when Indian or pakistani team win just a normal match in any championship ppl react like they have win World cup of Football by beating 34-35 powerful teamsπŸ˜•

Edited by Rajeev Ki Heer - 17 years ago
nram thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
It may be correct for the sport of cricket taking over other sports more specifically in India and Pakistan, however, looking from a much bigger global perspective, football/soccer still dominates the world of sport. Football is played in all continents of the world including India as i can recall a recent visit by Indian national soccer team to my country. There is also a growing prominance of the sport of Rugby with growing number of countries introducing the sport in their respectiv countries.

Nevertheless, with growing emphasis of cricket together with the huge buzz of cricet world cup, it wont take much time before cricket becomes one of the top sports if not "the" top sport.πŸ‘

CaLiiZ*DiiMe thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
theres a cricket fever in india pakistan n european countries but americans r yet to discover the magic of this sport
most americans dont know how to play cricket lol well i dont either but its only cuz cricket is not big at alllll in america i dont know the reason behind that but over here its more about basketball football n soccer πŸ˜›
but i think cricket is a fascinating sport n i wish i knew more about it than just having a bat n a small ball πŸ˜†
mini2390 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i think cricket is a sport that is ruling more of the subcontinent than ruling globally....... here in the USA, ppl dont evn know wat cricket is, its more of football, basketball or baseball ... but im sure if cricket was to be brought here to the states, it wudnt take ppl any time 2 love it! πŸ˜‰.....

i really enjoy watching cricket and really consider it as my fav sport even though its not a common play in the US as i consider it very entertaining and enjoying.... in india and pakistan, where cricket is big and ppl r very much in luv wid the sport, its more entertaining as compared to subcontinet's hockey, football or any other sport there is.... due to more entertainment, cricket is more popular in pak and india..... i dont know about other nations and their concern wid cricket, but for sure in the subcontinet cricket is very much overtaking every sport there is, and if one really understands this sport then that person will also understand that its a unqiue game for a lot of ppl which makes it a big craze!
Tearðrops thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It depends on where you're living. Anon, as you mentioned there's a big hype for football/soccer here much like in Brazil. When you have someone representing your country so well, then they make good role models and people want to be like them so they thrive to be the best in that sport.
I remember when i was in college and the WC was on, everyone came in wearing India/Pakistan shirts. We had friendly discussions on who was going to win it was very fun - ah the memories 😊
vrishti thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think its mostly in India and Pakistan, in other countries like Canada, US its not cause these criket is not played a lot I guess but i'm sure in indai its the most popular sports
Sallu_King thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I Think Cricket Is Popular Because Of India,Pakistan And Other Teams 😊 .I Love Cricket I Start Watching When I Was 8 Or 9 Years Old Its The Best Game Ever πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘ .Cricket Is Not Really Popular πŸ˜› πŸ˜› But For Me It Will Be Always πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by Circut - 17 years ago
Marauders thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think Cricket is overtaking other sports definitely in India,Pakistan, England,Australia, West Indies....
But not here in Canada and ths US.... We are too much into Baskettball, Volleyball... πŸ˜›