Was SRK in Jawan better acting than Ranbir in Animal?

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 days ago

SRK in younger role was awful in Jawan. I thought Ranbir in Animal was far better than SRK in Jawan.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nonam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

yes, srk was great in jawaan

animal was horrible movie, just glorifying gore

the nepo privilege again, shahid was relentlessly criticized for doing kabir singh, glorifying toxic masculinity etc etc, people were hold shahid a great actor personally responsible for the misogynistic elements in society.

but not a word about RK and toxic masculinity

I don't agree that movies have responsibility to police morals but just the double standard

i

Stone-Cold thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

They were both very good. I give ranbir the edge though. Loved him in Animal

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Look around Mumbai and you will better ones than these 2 even smiley36

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Ranbir in Animal

123443423w13123w23

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nonam

yes, srk was great in jawaan

animal was horrible movie, just glorifying gore

the nepo privilege again, shahid was relentlessly criticized for doing kabir singh, glorifying toxic masculinity etc etc, people were hold shahid a great actor personally responsible for the misogynistic elements in society.

but not a word about RK and toxic masculinity

I don't agree that movies have responsibility to police morals but just the double standard

i

I recently watched Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar. It's a film starring Amisha Patel and directed by female director, Tanuja Chandra. She had earlier done Dushman with Kajol and Sangharsh with Preity Zinta, both rather empowering films for heroines at the time. This movie was no different.

I bring this movie up because Amisha finds out she's the daughter of a rape victim. Her biological "father" is a corrupt cop. He rapes her mother because she's defending someone from their village from his brutality. Angry that someone has spoken out against him and threatened to report him, he rapes her. After he does this, his torture is still not complete, as he forces her to lick his shoes. He tells her if she doesn't do this, he'll rape every other woman in her village.

What astounds me is that this act was seen as a criminal act in 2001, when Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar came out, but by 2023, licking a predator's shoes is now glorified. When Animal came out, I said this film was so regressive that it was responsible for setting the film industry back by more than 30 years. Back to the 80s when films were fraught with gratuitous violence and sex, particularly violence against women. Rapes were basically in every movie which is why films stopped being so family friendly until HAHK in the 90s.

After watching Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar, I stand by my previous statement.

982283 thumbnail

YES, SRK was better than Ranbir. Not that it is an excruciatingly difficult task.

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

SRK crazens don't know acting no wonder they are crazens. What was the topic and what are these essays.

Edited by JackSparrowcraz - 9 days ago
Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I have not watched the movie animal. But from the promos it looked like Sanju part 2. The older Srk in jawaan was absolutely amazing.

I_M_SultaN thumbnail

vikrant massy for 12th fail or vicky for sam deserve awards tho

Edited by I_M_SultaN - 9 days ago