I will never kiss in a film: Ayesha Takia

manojisthebest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Life has changed for Ayesha Takia. The lady has proved her mettle in 'Dor' and also bagged the 'Star Screen Best Actress Critics Award' for the same. She will now be seen in Nikhil Advani's 'Salam-E-Ishq' which released on January 25. Excerpts from an interview by TWF correspondent Vickey Lalwani.

You are smiling from ear to ear?
Yes. God has been kind. 'Dor' has changed lots of things for me. It has opened up new avenues for me. I am grateful to Nagesh Kukunoor for trusting me and giving me this opportunity. I needed a film like 'Dor' and I am really glad it happened.

How has the industry reacted to the 'Star Screen' award which you won?
Everybody is happy for me. It's so sweet of the industry to still call me and appreciate my work. I hope to win some more awards (laughs). People have realized my potential and understand what I'm capable of.

It's very important for me to know what I'm doing in a film. It has to really excite me and move me. My forthcoming films include 'Salam-E-Ishq', 'Fool N Final', 'De Tasali', 'Kya Love Story Hai' and 'No Smoking'.

What is 'Salam-E-Ishq' all about?
'Salaam-e-Ishq' is the story of six group of people. From different parts of the world. From different walks of life. Ignorant about each other's exercise, but who end up being brought together by destiny, fate and love.

Your role in 'Salam-E-Ishq'?
Please don't ask me. We have been strictly told not to reveal anything. All I will say is that my track is with Akshaye Khanna. We really had a blast back stage. It was so much of fun and excitement. I wasn't jittery at all.

What is that film about?
In 'No Smoking', I have been paired opposite Bollywood heartthrob John Abraham. I play John's love interest in more than one way. I play not only John's wife but his secretary as well. The film is expected to be a comic treat, especially when the two characters of Ayesha are not twin sisters but are in John's life. It's definitely a 'double trouble' situation in the film.

We hear, there are some rules on the sets of 'No Smoking'?
Producer Kumar Mangat has reportedly gotten strict with the film's crew to keep them from smoking on the sets because the whole purpose of the film is to give an anti-smoking message. The producer has begun fining anyone who is caught smoking on the sets. And the fine is also hefty : Rs 500.

This strict code does not spare even the movie's director Anurag Kashyap who is a regular smoker. Whenever Anurag is caught smoking a cigarette he has to shell out Rs 500.

Moreover, lest anyone smoke on the sly, Mangat has reportedly hired a cameraman to photograph those who try to smoke stealthily. Actor Ranvir Shorey, too, has been fined by the producer.

You refused Nagesh Kukunoor and even Yash Raj films?
I don't believe in shedding clothes and locking lips in today's dare-bare scenario. Therefore, I refused Nagesh Kukunoor's Aashayein which required me to kiss and yes, I even turned down Yashraj's Neal N Nikki sometime back on similar grounds. Under no circumstance will I kiss in a film, no matter how tempting the role is.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rat718 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Is she going to be another ASH πŸ˜• ?
-mango- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
That's the goodest thing i like about her. No kissi wissi. I mean i am just like aiysha because i hate kissing someone for just ENTERTAINMENET!
Kissing word id not in my dictionary.
Sound thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rat718

Is she going to be another ASH πŸ˜• ?

I am not a 100% sure but I think Ask never outrightly refused to kiss, she mentioned about crossing the bridge when she gets to it (if only I had know this is how she was going to cross the bridgeπŸ˜‰). Ayesha on the other hand seems to be pretty firm about her decision.

purelyme thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I really appreciate her for this and yeah if I was an actress I would do the same NO KISSING on screen
83587 thumbnail
i like ayesha and she has made a good decision πŸ‘
archangel thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
way to go Ayesha one Mallika is more than enough