Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 6 days ago

Chapter 5

Dhruv rushed to the ward. He quickly injected a stabiliser. "Tara, please breathe!" He checked her pulse again, it was dangerously low. Don't test me like this. He challenged the Gods.

He continued monitoring closely and a few minutes later he found the pulse strengthening. He sighed in relief. "Keep talking to her."

Arjun nodded. He was trying his best to stay calm but seeing Tara in this state was scary.

"Prepare for hemodialysis."

The senior nurse frowned. "Her blood pressure is too low to perform a dialysis."

Dhruv smiled. "I am monitoring it, but please make the necessary preparations. Time is crucial."

"Alright."

Dhruv continued monitoring and she stabilised within a few minutes. "Sir, any updates from the lab?"

Arjun shook his head. Dhruv looked at his watch. He picked her chart, reading the notings of her vitals. "Tell sister Devi, we shall start hemodialysis in exactly thirty minutes."

"Ok doctor!" The junior nurse said.

A few minutes later, Arjun's phone buzzed. "Yes Liza?"

"Sir, the initial screening report is ready. It's a designer drug-"

"Wait, talk to the attending doctor." Arjun handed over his phone to Dhruv.

"Hello, it's Dr. Dhruv,"

"Dr. Liza D'Cruz. Forensic expert, ETF. Initial screening shows cocaine mixed with Phencylatrite. Knowing the exact composition will take 2 or 3 hours."

"Alright, thanks. Keep me posted." Dhruv returned the phone to Arjun. He looked at the drug name scribbled on paper.

Dhruv called his friend. "Hey Vikram! How are you? Do remember last month you brought me a drug overdose case? Do you have access to the case file?"

"I'll check, why?"

"I think I have a similar case here, in Mumbai. If it's the same composition, I'll begin the treatment right away, if it's not, we will have to wait for the composition results."

"Give me some time, I'll get back to you."

"Alright thanks, buddy." Dhruv looked at Arjun. "Sir, you have contacts in narcotics, Delhi? Last month I treated a similar case, although he was brought in after 3+ hours of overdosing but we were able to save him. If we could access the file, things might help you with the case, and my patient too."

"I'll make the calls. You'll get the required assistance, but please start the treatment now."

"Yes, we're on it. Rest assured, she will be fine." Dhruv read through her allergy reports and previous illnesses.

Sugandha was silently praying in the corner while Arjun was beside Tara, talking mindlessly.

"Tara, we are beginning your hemodialysis. All the toxins will be out of your system!" Dhruv said to her as the nurse prepared the machines. "Two incisions will be made and you might feel slight pain but I know you are strong and it won't bother you."

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Five hours later.

The hemodialysis was complete. Dhruv checked her vitals on the beeping machines, they were borderline normal.

"Why is she still unconscious?" Sugandha asked, her voice was oddly calm.

"She should be awake anytime soon." Dhruv gave her an assuring smile. He held her wrist once again and her fingers twitched slightly.

Within a few minutes she blinked open her eyes. Sugandha and Arjun sighed in relief, a faint smile on their lips greeted her.

"Light." She whispered, shutting her eyes as the bright light hurt. Arjun quickly placed his hand above her face, casting a shadow, her eyes relaxed. The nurse dimmed the lights.

Tara slowly opens her eyes, the room gradually coming into focus. She breathes the sterile scent of antiseptic lingering in the air.

"Good morning!" Arjun said, "waking up after 48 hours, passu." (*baby buffalo)

"It's not sixty-" Tara shut up as Arjun smacked her arm.

She looks around to see the various medical equipment, including a heart monitor, an IV drip attached to her arm, and a small table with a pitcher of water and a glass. "Water." Arjun held up a glass of water for her.

"Hello Tara! I'm Dr. Dhruv. I will ask you a few questions." He said with a soft smile. Tara nodded. "What is 34 plus 23?"

"Math?" Tara pouted, not wanting to count.

"8 plus 7?"

"Fifteen."

"4 plus 13?"

"Is that your phone number? 8 7 4 1 3?" Tara had a mischievous glint in her eyes. Arjun glances at Sugandha who is just as amused.

Dhruv clenched his jaw, shifting uncomfortably in his chair, clearly caught off guard by Tara's unexpected flirtation. "Raise your left hand." Tara complied. "Right leg."

Dhruv put up his index finger in front of her. "Focus." He moved the finger left to right and up and down, noting her eyes following it properly.

"Are you trying to hypnotise me?" She asked.

Dhruv sighed. "What day is today?"

"Tuesday?"

Dhruv nodded. "Can you move your toes?"

"Someone got a foot feti-" Tara stopped speaking as Dhruv abruptly got up. She mumbled a quick sorry. "Are you single?"

Dhruv ignored her and turned to Sugandha. "She seems fine. We will keep her under observation for 24 hours as per protocol." Dhruv scribbled a prescription.

"Dr. Dhruv, have we met before?" Tara asked. She recognised him.

"No, I don't think so." Dhruv answered.

Tara frowned. "You sure? I feel like we have."

"Maybe it was someone else." Dhruv shrugged. She can't be remembering me.

"Right. Anyhoo, thanks for saving my life." Tara knew she saw him in the cafe, even if it wasn't a meet. It was him. Her heart raced.

"That's my job. Get well soon." Dhruv left.

The senior nurse, Devi noted her increased heart beat and shook her head.

"Sister, do you know if this doctor was in Delhi before?" Tara asked.

"Yes, he joined us just a few days ago."

"And do you by chance have his personal cell number?" I will find out if it's you, my phone pal.

Devi shook her head. "I don't have the authority to share that."

"No? I just thought maybe you could help me out. Thanks anyway." Tara smiled.

Devi quickly gave some instructions to Sugandha and left.

Arjun and Sugandha exchange amused glances, while Tara watches the door with a satisfied grin. "Well, that was fun," she leaned back against her pillows.

Arjun chuckled softly, looking at Tara with a playful smirk on his face. "Well, someone's in a good mood, after scaring us like that."

Tara grinned, clearly pleased with herself. "It's a hidden talent,"

Arjun shook his head, still smiling. "Could you hear us?" his tone softening as he squeezed her hand gently.

Tara nodded, her expression turning more serious. "I knew you were there, I could hear your voice but couldn't comprehend anything." She took a deep breath. "It was like a dark room, I felt I was drowning but there was no water. I kept trying to reach your voice but it was very far." her eyes teared up.

Arjun pecked her forehead, "I will always be there, Piyu," his voice filled with sincerity. "Take care of yourself."

She nodded, looking at Sugandha who was now seated beside her.

Sugandha looks at Tara with a mixture of emotions, clearly relieved to see her daughter awake but anxious about her condition. "Enough of your shenanigans. Focus on getting better, now."

"Why be better when you can be the best, Mumma?" Tara grinned.

"Apologise to the doctor when he checks you again. I haven't taught you to behave like this." She chided, gently.

"But he's cute." Tara bit her lips.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

After dinner, Dr. Aditi visited Tara for her round. "Where's the cute doctor? Dhruv?"

"I see why he gave me the case." She muttered. "Well, I'm handling your case now."

Tara pouted. "You're cute too." She winked.

Aditi shook her head, checking the vitals. "Do you feel any dizziness, pain or discomfort?"

"No, nothing."

"Alright. If there's anything, let us know. Take care." Aditi smiled.

"Do you know Dr. Dhruv?" Tara ignored the glare from Sugandha.

"Yeah, we have been together since med school. Why?" Aditi raised a brow.

"Together as in? Friends or more?" Tara felt a pang of jealousy. Are you the reason he isn't paying attention to me?

"We're getting engaged in a few months." That should keep you away from my Dhruv, I'm tired of that cafe girl haunting his head already.

"Ah, congratulations!" Tara smiled at her. That's not possible. He definitely looked single enough to me. Tara can't find the truth but Piya can. Time to test if it's the same Dhruv.

Tara convinced her mother to go have some food. Roshni was in the hospital now, she sent them both for dinner.

Tara asked Dhruv over the phone as she was alone. "Hey phone pal, are you still at work?"

"Yes Piya, I have night duty today." Dhruv answered.

"Okay then, have fun with your duty." Tara said.

"How was your day?" Dhruv relaxed on the couch. The night rounds were done, next round would be around midnight unless there's an emergency.

"It was nice. Just the usual run and chase with criminals. Tell me about yours." Tara thought. Tell me about me.

"Well, it was nice, as usual." He voiced casually as Tara's face flashed in front of his eyes.

"Any interesting patients?"

"Not really." Dhruv struggled to get the face out of his mind. No talking about her, no thinking about her.

"By the way, are you still in Delhi? I was planning to visit around this weekend, maybe we could meet then." Tara had the plan prepared.

"No, actually I am in Mumbai. I was transferred here some days ago and I will not be able to meet you. Maybe some other day." Dhruv was not ready to meet this wild girl. He would avoid her at all costs.

"Dhruv, may I ask you, sort of a personal question?"

Dhruv scoffed. "As if you wouldn't ask if I said no." She has no concept of personal space.

Tara chuckled. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Why?" Dhruv frowned. Please don't ask me out, I'm not interested.

"Nothing just curious. I mean if you are so kind to a stranger how kind you would be to your lover, just wondering."

"I don't have time for it." Dhruv said rather curtly.

"Mr. Single is not ready to mingle?" Tara laughed it off.

"No, thanks." He sighed.

"Okay, will you read the remaining portion of that novel?"

"Sure, hold on." Dhruv picked the novel lying on the side table, reading it out for her.

Time for the next step. Tara muted her call, pressing the bell. A young nurse visited her. "Nurse, I'm feeling dizzy and nauseous. Will you please call the doctor?"

The nurse looked at her high blood pressure and rushed to the doctor.

"Dr. Dhruv! Patient in special ward 6 is feeling nauseous and has high blood pressure." Tara heard her over the phone. It is him. I knew it.

"Work calls. Bye." Dhruv quickly muttered and disconnected the call.

-

Tara let her heart beat wildly while Dhruv checked her vitals. He frowned. "You shouldn't be feeling any of this."

"It's probably the food." She voiced softly. It is you! It is you! Her heart and mind were overjoyed.

Dhruv looked at her, she's so pretty. His heart pounded as loud as hers. "I'm prescribing anti-nausea meds. Take it, you'll feel better."

"Thanks." She smiled. I can't believe it is you! We finally meet. Oh, my favourite stranger.

Dhruv nodded, giving instructions to the nurse. Thanks for being civil.

Roshni returned to the ward. "Is everything alright?" She was alarmed seeing the doctor and nurse discussing something.

"I felt nauseous." Tara said.

"Probably the bland food. Feeling better now?" Roshni asked.

"Slightly." Dhruv!!! Her heart screamed.

"Let me know if there's anything else." Dhruv told Roshni before leaving.

"Bhabhi," Tara chimed sometime after being given the medicine. Roshni hummed in response. "Isn't my attending doc kinda cute?"

"Maybe! I didn't pay much attention to what he looked like. But I thought you liked Samrat. This one's quite vanilla and I think spicy dark chocolate is your type."

"Yeah, no. That's just eye candy stuff. You know what they say: Bad guys for the bed, good guys for the groove."

Roshni shook her head, "Never heard that. But do you like the doctor?"

"No, I don't like him, just saying that he is, umm, nice and likeable."

"So, what's the problem?"

"Not sure, he doesn't like me, probably."

"Or, he's working right now and that means he is being a professional with you. Maybe ask him after his shift ends?"

"You're a genius bhabhi!" Tara praised her.

"Enough now, go to sleep." Roshni shook her head.

"Yeah. Tired already." Tara closed her eyes. You're my lifesaver Dhruv. No wonder I felt that inexplicable connection when I first saw you. Do you feel it too? I hope you do. I love you!

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Dhruv returned to his cabin.

Tara's eyes sparkled seeing him. What is this feeling? Why am I not able to keep myself away from you? Why won't you leave me alone?

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

~•~

Edited by Satrangi_Curls - 6 days ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 6 days ago

Chapter 5

Finally, Dhruv and Tara scenes you've been waiting for. Did you enjoy our flirtatious Tara?

Isn't she cute?

Will Dhruv be successful in keeping her away from him?

She knows it's the same Dhruv. Will he figure out that she's Piya?