Posted: 24 days ago

Originally posted by: Satrangi_Curls

Next chapter bhi ready hai smiley36

Karo post....im all caught up!smiley16

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Originally posted by: heavenlybliss

Karo post....im all caught up!smiley16

kaisa laga wo toh batao smiley36 or just answer the questions I posted.
Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Chapter 3

Lazing on her queen size bed, Tara dialed the familiar number, her heart racing with anticipation. "Hey Dhruv, how have you been?"

"I'm good. How about you, Piya? Are you doing better now?" Dhruv asked. I missed you. What? His mind couldn't comprehend the heart's musings. This is purely professional.

"It's been such a long day. It was a tough case, and I'm just drained."

Dhruv's voice was soothing. "I'm here, Piya. Tell me."

She sighed, feeling a bit lighter. "Well, I can't share the details but can you talk about something else? Like take my mind off?"

Dhruv smiled. He picked up the novel he had been meaning to read. "How about I read you out something from this novel?"

"Thanks, Dhruv. Just hearing your voice makes it better." Her heart felt elated as he read out the novel to her.

After reading a few pages, he paused. "We'll do the next reading later, okay?"

"Sure! Thank you so much for helping me out. You're a life saver, Dhruv."

"Well that's my profession. Doctor's vow to save lives."

"Indeed. You're a wonderful one!" Tara put the phone away. She would always look forward to chat with this stranger. He was so kind. He must be pretty, too.

So was Pratap and you knew him since childhood. He still cheated on you. Her mind chided.

Dhruv is not like that. Her heart protested.

How do you know? You don't know anything about him. Her mind reasoned.

Tara lay on the bed, drifting off to sleep while her heart and mind continued to fight.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

The ETF team gathered in their conference room, the air thick with tension. Their investigation had led them to "DRINKS Beverages," a seemingly innocuous company mixing drugs into soft drinks.

Liza placed a nondescript box on the table. "I analyzed the samples," she said, "Traces of cocaine and heroin."

Tara nodded in agreement. "This isn't just about spiked sodas. It's a dangerous cocktail."

"The manager seems like a tough guy, won't give any details." Chotu said.

"This guy... I think I know him." Aisha looked at the photograph carefully.

"What? How?" Tara asked.

"When I was undercover, I took drugs from him for a while. He used to go by the name Johnny."

"You sure?" Arjun questioned.

"That tattoo on his neck, I remember it very well." Aisha nodded in confirmation.

"When did you last meet him?" Sameer questioned.

"Lonavala, more than two years ago." Aisha remembered the dark alleys.

"Can you give us any details, like who all were with him, where did he get supplies from, anything else?" Arjun asked.

"I don't know where exactly he got it from, it was mostly imported and the quality was really good. He didn't have many varieties but only the best and expensive products. He used to bring them in tiny glass bottles. He also had a friend, both of whom would mostly come together." Aisha recalled her case.

"I confirmed the story that Ricky told, matches with the jail records at Pune and the Jailer confirmed it. That means they both are really working in this factory with a new start of their lives and have had a clean record ever since. They are also involved in local charities and welfare of the poor." Tara placed pictures on the table, supporting her claims.

Chotu received a call, and reported, "Sir, those boxes we collected our samples from, are missing. In fact, the whole series is missing as if it never existed. And there's a death very close to the warehouse of the factory."

"Let's go!" Sameer said.

They reached the warehouse, the body belonged to a middle-aged man, dressed simply and looked like a poor daily-wager.

"Why would someone kill him?" Tara wondered.

"He's been shot, quite precisely with a .35 calibre gun." Chotu checked the gunshot wound on the man's neck. He proceeded to check the pockets for identity.

Tara walked around towards the warehouse to look for evidence when a bullet shot went right past her right ear, "Try harder bitch!" she cursed in the direction of the gunshot, steadying her gun and began looking for the shooter.

The others too pulled out their weapons and were ready for an attack. Tara went ahead in the warehouse, Aisha followed close behind while Sameer and Arjun went to the other side. Chotu and Shree covered the front.

A small shoot-out followed and the team of four managed to have most gunners heavily injured or dead. There were 15 of them. They caught Ricky red-handed.

"S..sir! I don't know anything. I was asked to come here to check the status of shipments and it is my routine." Ricky fluttered like a leaf in the wind.

"And the dead man, do you know him?" Sameer asked.

"Yes, he used to work for us, transporting goods from here to the factory in the truck. He was a hardworking man and honest too." Ricky answered.

"That's why you killed him." Arjun said, holding Ricky's collar, "Now out with the truth!" He slapped him.

"I swear, I don't know anything." Rocky pleaded for mercy as Chotu fisted him.

A few hours of interrogation by Chotu and Arjun, Ricky spilled the beans.

"Two days ago, I got a call and they asked me to keep a carton in my warehouse that would be taken away after some days and I had to do it because they threatened to kill me. I don't know what is in that box and I was told not to open the seal. I don't know what is in the box and how all those drugs came in the tetra-packs for fruit juices. I swear sir, I don't know." Ricky begged. "Johnny knows things sir, find him."

"Why were you jailed?" Tara asked.

"Eight years ago, I stole a man's purse as I was hungry for three days." He said unashamedly.

An empty stomach inspires crimes.

"Shree, get his call details and trace the person who called Ricky. Send the body for autopsy." Sameer ordered.

"Yes sir." Shree nodded.

"Johnny." Aisha placed the picture on the information board. "There's a person who can lead me to him."

Sameer nodded. "Alright then, you and Tara can go, get the information."

Arjun frowned. "Why Tara? Chotu can accompany Aisha for backup."

Sameer sighed. "We need information from him, Arjun, not scare him away."

"I can handle this. Trust me." Tara assured her brother. "Aisha is going to be there, she will take care of me, if needed."

"Babysitting" Aisha muttered to Chotu who stifled a laugh.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Moonlight Blue Club

The club's neon lights flickered, casting shadows on Aisha and Tara as they stepped into the loud bustling dance floor.

Aisha, the veteran, adjusted her earpiece. "Tara," she whispered, "we need to blend in. Act like regular clubbers."

Tara nodded, her heart racing. She had slipped into her wild persona -the fearless dreamer who danced with danger. Together, they navigated the crowd, eyes scanning for any sign of their target.

Near the bar, a hooded figure leaned against the wall. His eyes darted, assessing everyone who passed. Aisha's instincts kicked in. This was their man.

Approaching cautiously, Aisha initiated the coded conversation. "The night's wild, isn't it?"

The informer smirked. "Wild, indeed. Looking for something specific?"

Aisha leaned in, her voice low. "Johnny. Heard he's back in the city."

His eyes flickered. "You seek answers, but they come with a price."

"What do you know?" Aisha pressed.

"The club's heartbeat," he whispered, "is fueled by designer drugs. Follow the neon trail-the DJ booth. There, secrets spin like vinyl records."

As they turned to leave, Aisha slipped him a coded chip. "For your troubles."

He pocketed it, eyes unreadable. "Remember, ladies, some dances lead to redemption, others to ruin."

And with that, they melted back into the pulsating crowd. Tara glanced around, finding a pair of familiar eyes on her. Aisha signalled her and they left the club.

"I didn't understand a word of what he said." Tara rolled her eyes.

"It's okay, this was your first roadie. Chotu and I will handle it." Aisha shook her head, texting Chotu.

"No, I wanna join too! It is fun." Tara's eyes sparkled.

"Sorry baby, you're a noob. We're going to deal with hardcore criminals. You're not prepared for it, yet."

"But-" Tara protested.

Aisha held up her hand. "This is not daddy's adventure park, princess. These are criminals who wouldn't bat an eye before killing you. I can't be babysitting and dealing with them at once. Go home."

Tara pouted. "Fine." She stomped back into the club. Aisha shrugged, waiting for Chotu, who arrived in a few minutes as they headed off to the place her informer indicated.

The bass from the music reverberated through the floor. Tara stood near the bar, drowning a few vodka-shots.

"Slow down, girl!" Samrat walked up to her. He had seen her leave and return.

Tara gulped another shot. "Nobody tells me what to do." She replied curtly.

"Mind if I join you, then?" he asked, his voice barely audible over the music.

"Help yourself," she said. Samrat smiled, hopping onto the empty stool next to her.

"I've been waiting for someone interesting to talk to." He ordered a drink for himself. Tara remained silent. "Shall we dance?" He asked.

Her favourite song played on and she nodded. They danced, bodies swaying to the rhythm. Tara felt the heat between them, the electricity in the air. Samrat's touch was intoxicating, and she wanted more of it.

"Tell me about yourself," Samrat said, his eyes never leaving hers.

Tara smiled. "You want to hear it, or feel it?"

Samrat raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"She's a mystery," Tara replied. "She dances, laughs, and takes risks. She's everything you have dreamed of and more."

Samrat leaned in, his lips brushing against her ear. "Maybe tonight, you can make me feel it," he whispered.

And just like that, the club faded away, they walked back to his car.

Samrat's car was sleek, its leather seats inviting. Tara settled in, the engine purring to life. The night air was cool, and the city lights blurred as they sped away.

"So," Samrat said, glancing at her, "what's your favourite song?"

Tara grinned. "Tell me yours."

He nodded, scrolling through his playlist. The music filled the car. Tara leaned back, watching the world outside blur into darkness. "Take off your jacket. I wanna see your tattoos."

Samrat's lips curled into a smile as he threw the jacket onto the back seat. "Finally my hard-work in the gym is paying off."

She eyed his biceps and tattoos. "Delicious." She bit her lip.

"Tell me about yourself," Samrat said softly. "The one you become when life gets too mundane."

"Keep your eyes on the road, mine are on you."

"Is this your regular self or the drunk one?" Samrat wondered aloud.

"I'm not drunk. A few shots of vodka barely make me tipsy." She traced his tattoo with her finger.

"Damn, really? You sure you're Suryakant Rawte's daughter? He doesn't even have a sip of champagne, and here you are drowning vodka like it's water." Samrat looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

"Once upon a time he used to drink, a lot. Back when he was in army. It's been years he hasn't touched alcohol. It's good anyway. But I have a high tolerance."

"I can see that." Samrat shook his head. This girl is wild. She hummed the song as it played on.

"Stop the car." She said out of blue. Samrat pulled over to the side.

"What happened?"

"Kiss me."

"Girl, you're drunk. We'll do it when you're sober." Samrat shrugged. Arjun's angry face flashed in his mind. He wasn't risking a punch on his pretty face for a stupid kiss.

Tara removed her seat belt, "Come on." She leaned over, her soft skin peeping from the low cut blouse.

Samrat contemplated the risks, eyeing her cautiously. She's too sexy to say no. He turned off the engine.

"Good boy!" She chuckled, caressing on his tattooed hand. "Let's kiss."

Samrat pulled her closer, his lips slowly brushing across her soft ones. He felt like holding a delicate flower between his lips which tasted like vodka. The kiss was intoxicating.

As they parted for air, Tara settled down on her seat. "Keep driving."

"I'll drop you home."

"Thanks." She remained silent for the rest of the ride.

Samrat wondered what this wild girl wanted. His heart raced, he was determined to have her. The kiss had left him wanting for more.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

~•~

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail

Chapter 3 posted above.

Dhruv and Tara continue their chats, will they find out about each other?

Did you like the case and team ETF?

How was Samrat Tara moment? Can they be a thing?

Are you enjoying the story?

Does it seem too fast?

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 23 days ago

kaisa laga wo toh batao smiley36 or just answer the questions I posted.

Will do after reading chap 3

heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

Chapter 3 posted above.

Dhruv and Tara continue their chats, will they find out about each other? Theyre track is very interesting....though Dhruv sounds more like a psychologist than a neurosurgeon, and Tara is very naughty in this onesmiley36

Did you like the case and team ETF? Yes, I like the thriller/mystery element we are getting along with the romance

How was Samrat Tara moment? Can they be a thing? So creepy and disturbing....but I found it funny....though I hated picturing Samrat kissing her....ewwww

Are you enjoying the story? Yes, its only getting better

Does it seem too fast? Not at all

Waiting for next partsmiley42

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 20 days ago

batao toh, kaisa laga?
heavenlybliss thumbnail
Posted: 19 days ago

I answered your questionssmiley9

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 18 days ago

Dhruv is a general physician and part time counsellorsmiley36

Samrat is kinda hot smiley36 it's not that difficult, he's a gentleman here smiley9

Satrangi_Curls thumbnail
Posted: 18 days ago

Chapter 4

"Bhaiya, let's go out for dinner tonight." Tara chimed into his room.

"Who all?" Arjun asked, adjusting his collar.

"Just me and you, our ritual." She smiled.

"Sure." He wondered if they really needed to revive the ritual teenage Arjun had started when she complained of him not sparing enough time for her. Now, that they worked together and lived under the same roof, he didn't see the need.

Roshni picked her bag, ready to leave for her office. Arjun smiled at her. "Rosh, Piyu and I will be going out for dinner tonight. Might get late. Hope that's okay with you?"

"Oh, sure! Have fun!" she smiled kissing his cheek, "Have a good day!" Roshni waved at Tara, leaving early for her meeting.

Arjun glanced at Tara, who was unusually silent as he drove through the busy streets of Mumbai.

"Piyu, is everything okay?"

"You tell me."

Arjun frowned at the curt reply. What did I do? He quickly made a mental tally of dates, he wasn't forgetting anything important. "Will you please elaborate, my dearest sweet sister?"

"Since when do you need permission to go out with your sister?"

Arjun shook his head. "Permission? Sweety, I didn't ask for permission. I simply communicated with my wife. Why is that bothering you?"

"Hope that's okay with you." Tara mocked in a high pitched voice, "That's seeking permission, bhaiya."

He sighed. "It was for the getting home late, part. I don't want to keep her waiting, so I mentioned it."

Tara pouted. "But why? You can do what you want, right?"

Arjun shook his head at her silly question. "Well, once you have someone waiting for you at home, you should always let them know, about your plans."

Pratap didn't answer her phone and it was middle of the night, she had been waiting for their dinner date.

"I was stuck in an emergency." He reasoned.

Tara shook off the memory. "What if there's an emergency and you're stuck in really important work?"

"Drop a text - emergency, late 3 hours. It takes seconds to message."

"I feel like an idiot, now." She pursed her lips. She was an idiot.

"You are an idiot, there's no denying that." Arjun playfully smacked her head. His phone buzzed with a message. "I have a meeting at the commissioner office, will see you in the evening for dinner and take care."

"You too!" She got off at the ETF headquarters.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Evening

Arjun and Tara were dining at an exquisite restaurant. As the food was served, Tara graciously fed herself. Arjun watched, amused at her childishness.

The dinner was mostly silent, other than her occasionally praising the delicacies. Arjun wondered what was the point of this dinner if she was only eating it silently.

"Bhaiya!" Finally. Arjun thought. "What dessert will you have?"

"I'll have a bite from whatever you're ordering."

"Two slices of cheesecake." She told the waiter.

Arjun contemplated whether he should probe, she definitely had things to say, her eyes were speaking but five years is a long time and she's a grown up. Patience Arjun.

After eating the cheesecake, she generously tipped the waiter. "Let's go to the chowpatty."

"Let's go!" He smiled.

As they strolled on the beach sands, Tara stopped by a rock. "Bhaiya, I have to tell you something." She confided.

"I'm listening." He said, earnestly.

"The last few weeks have been terrible, to be honest." She settled on the rock.

Arjun tilted his head. He had noticed her faded smiles and stifled tears but terrible? That wasn't on his mind.

"And I've made some shitty decisions." She toyed with her rings, "I was in Delhi for a week before coming to Mumbai." She looked at Arjun who held unreadable expressions.

"I wanted to forget everything Pratap did. So I spent my time with my friend Rose mindlessly for three days. But it didn't help, so I got a hotel room and stayed there for the next three days." Tara continued.

She took a deep breath. "When I called you at midnight, I was contemplating jumping off the building. 15th floor isn't that high but still..."

Arjun's eyes widened in horror, heart pounding wildly.

"But I didn't. I called the helpIine and the counselor talked me out of my thoughts." Arjun's heart relaxed hearing about her sensible decision.

"Two days ago, I was a bit tipsy and I kissed Samrat. He had tattoos and I thought it would be fun, it wasn't." She shrugged. "It reminded me of Pratap all over again, and I don't know what to do about it."

The two sat in a comforting silence while Arjun held her into an embrace.

"Now, I either get into another relationship, like a rebound or be with myself, healing, until I find someone who is half decent, to at least not cheat on me." she said bitterly.

"Don't be so harsh on yourself Piyu. I want you to heal. Heartbreaks are hurtful. But that doesn't mean you will hurt yourself and all of us, who really love you."

He patted her back. "I'm sorry I didn't realise you were in so much pain. I should've been there for you, I'm sorry-" Why didn't I see her pain?

"It's not your fault bhaiya. Trust me, I will never hurt you, I'm sorry." Guilt was evident in her voice.

"I also want you to focus on your career, Piyu. You have great potential, please don't waste it."

"I'll work hard and make you proud, bhaiya."

"I am proud of you. I will always be." He pecked her hair.

"Let's have icecream before going home," Her eyes twinkled hearing the jingle of icecream truck.

"Anything for your smile, Piyu!" Arjun smiled. "Just be happy!"

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Three months later.

Delhi

Sanjeevani Hospital

"Dhruv!" Aditi, his co-worker, called him.

"Yes?" He looked up from his computer.

"Coffee?" She asked, smiling.

He sighed. Last three months he had visited the same cafe every single day, hoping to find the woman who had left a mark on his heart.

"Maybe today is your lucky day, and the mystery girl is there?" Aditi teased him.

"Let's go." Dhruv turned off the computer before leaving his desk.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Dhruv waited patiently as Dr. Malhotra finished his phone call. "Dhruv, it is decided. You will be working at our Mumbai branch, starting next week."

"Alright, sir." Dhruv nodded in acknowledgement, shaking hands with the senior.

"Well, maybe you'll find her in Mumbai!" Aditi said, giving him his books.

"Enough yaar, Aditi. It's not like finding her means end of the world? Anyways, I'm not looking for commitments. My work is my passion and she will be a distraction." Dhruv shrugged.

"Let's see about that." Aditi smiled. If only you thought about me like that.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

The team ETF finally received a tip-off regarding Johnny's new whereabouts. He had been underground as soon as he realised the ETF was after him.

As the team spread in different directions of the alley where his presence was confirmed, they were met with gunners. The narrow bylanes erupted into chaos as the team took cover. Bullets whizzed past the team as they dodged and weaved, their guns singing the tune of death.

One by one, they took down the minions.

"Where is Johnny?" Sameer asked scanning through the dead and injured men.

Chotu and Aisha returned to him. "No clue, sir."

"Rathore!" Arjun said through the bluetooth device, "Right end of the lane. Seems like his hideout."

The trio rushed there while Arjun and Shree moved past the dead men. Arjun pushed open the door, his heart pounded at the sight. Seven bloodied bodies.

"Piyu!" His voice was barely a whisper as he cupped her bruised face. "Wake up, please."

"Sir, Johnny is dead." Shree checked his pulse and picked the vial next to him. He turned around, seeing Arjun holding an unconscious Tara. "I'll call the ambulance!"

"There's no time for it. Let's go." Arjun sprang to his feet, cradling Tara and walking out of the room.

Sameer, Aisha and Chotu reached there. "I'm taking her to the hospital." Arjun briefed, Sameer nodded reassuringly.

"Tara did this?" Aisha looked at the dead bodies.

"Seems so." Chotu nodded.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

A few minutes ago.

As Tara moved closer to the end of the lane, she saw a glimpse of Johnny's right hand man through the window. She sneaked behind the pillar. She felt someone behind her, her grip on the knife tightened.

Her blade sliced through the air, meeting resistance as it clashed with the minion's knife. Their eyes locked, and Tara saw fear flicker in his gaze. She twisted her wrist, disarming him, and delivered a swift kick to his chest. He stumbled backward, crashing into a stack of wooden crates.

The gunshots erupted behind her.

Tara's heart raced as she stepped into the dimly lit room. The air smelled of damp concrete and desperation. Her knuckles tightened around the cold metal of her knives, and she scanned the room. Six men, including Johnny, sat around the table, their eyes filled with malice.

"Hey, how did you get in here?" the man with a thick moustache roared.

"Emergency Task Force!" Tara said, "put your hands up."

A laughter erupted amongst the men. Johnny signalled a man, who walked up to her with a gun. "Leave or we'll kill you."

Tara scoffed, putting her knife to his throat. "Too late." Slashing it swiftly, blood splattered on her face as he fell on the floor.

Two other men came to fight her, some punches were thrown on either side. Tara gripped her knives, slashing through their torso simultaneously. Her heart beat rapidly, she was out of breath.

Johnny smirked. "She's feisty, I like her." he reached to the closest drawer pulling out a syringe and vial.

The two burly men circled her. One grabbed her hair, slapping her across the cheek, while the other grabbed her hands, her knives dropping on the floor with a loud clank.

Tara's eyes watered. "Please don't hurt me." She pleaded. The men laughed at her plight, pushing her to the floor. She quickly pulled out her gun and shot the two before they realized her game.

The scent of sweat mixed with gunpowder filled her nostrils. The adrenaline surged, drowning out the panic.

Johnny pushed a needle through her arm. She turned around, shooting his head off. She collapsed on the floor as the drug consumed her senses.

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

Arjun's heart raced as he carried Tara into the hospital, her body limp and unresponsive. The emergency room buzzed with activity, but his focus was solely on her. "Help! She's been drugged!" he shouted, his voice cracking with desperation.

As they wheeled her into a treatment room, Dhruv, who had just finished with another patient, rushed over. His eyes widened in recognition-his mystery woman. Not her!

He quickly assessed her condition, some bruises, weakened pulse, no consciousness. "Sister, oxygen please," his voice steady despite the turmoil within. Two nurses plugged in the pulse tracker, heart rate monitor and oxygen mask.

"What happened to her?" Dhruv asked Arjun and Shree.

Shree held up the vial and syringe. "This, drug or poison, we're not sure."

"When?"

"Half an hour, approx." Arjun answered.

Dhruv nodded. "We will send this to the lab to know its contents, then begin with the treatment."

"We don't have that long. Do you not see?" Arjun's voice strained. Nothing was happening to his dear sister. He would fight the gods if needed.

"Sir, without knowing what is given to her, I can't begin with the treatment. As of now, we are stabilizing her." Dhruv explained calmly. He opened the vial, carefully sniffing the contents. "Doesn't smell like poison, should be a narcotic drug. But we need the specific composition."

Arjun turned to Shree, "send it to Liza and get the reports ASAP."

"Yes sir." Shree was on his toes.

The nurse administered saline. Arjun's eyes teared up as Tara's body convulsed, her face contorted in pain. Dhruv walked out of the room to seek opinion of a senior doctor regarding her treatment.

He returned to her ward a few minutes later as the panicked nurse called. The monitors beeped loudly as Tara's pulse weakened, her breaths shallow. He couldn't afford impatience, but it clawed at him.

Arjun held her hand. "I'm here, Piyu. Please breathe." he whispered.

Dhruv looked at Arjun. "What's her name?"

"Tara." Arjun answered.

"Hey, Tara, I'm Dr. Dhruv." He pressed his fingers on her wrist, checking for the feeble pulse. "We shall be treating you and you're going to be alright, okay? Now please take slow and steady, deep breaths." He talked to her as if she was consciously listening.

"Stay with us, Tara," Dhruv whispered, his hands steady as he worked.

Minutes felt like hours, but finally, Tara's breathing stabilized. Dhruv sighed in relief, wiping the sweat from his brow. "She will be fine," he told Arjun, who stood by, his eyes filled with worry and hope.

"Any medicine allergies that we should know of?" Dhruv asked.

"My mother is on the way with her case files and allergy reports."

"Alright . Let me know when she's here." Dhruv turned to the nurse, "Monitor her pulse and heart rate every 15 minutes. Keep Naloxone ready. Call me if there's any slightest variation." Dhruv scribbled a prescription.

Dhruv returned to his cabin and sipped water. Seeing his mystery girl from the café fighting for her life had unsettled him. The room seemed to close in on him-the sterile walls, the harsh fluorescent light.

Yesterday, when he saw Tara at the signal, he had hoped to see her again and talk to her. But they were on opposite sides of the road. His heart secretly prayed to meet her. But he forgot that his God had twisted ways of fulfilling his wishes.

He bitterly looked at the Bhagvad Gita on the corner table. He sank on the chair, glaring at the skies.

"You have taken away everyone I've ever loved." He accused the entity above clouds. "Why? Why is her life in danger when I don't even know her? Just me thinking about her caused this? Fine then. I won't think about her, I barely know her and it won't make any difference to her anyway."

Dhruv gulped a glass of water before resuming his round. He was about to open his cabin when a nurse came running to him. "Tara is sinking, again."

🌠⋋✿ ⁰ • ⁰ ✿⋌🌌

~•~

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS