Taapsee: Why aren't Usain Bolt, Michael Phelps banned

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 24 days ago

Actor Taapsee Pannu recently gave her take on the gender controversy surrounding Algerian boxer Imane Khelif. She defended Khelif and said that certain athletes are born with a biological edge over others, citing examples of Jamaican runner Usain Bolt and American swimmer Michael Phelps.

Speaking to news agency ANI, Taapsee Pannu said, "I played a role on that subject. I did a film called Rashmi Rocket which was about a female athlete being banned due to high level of testosterone. We presented our views and that is why I think the beauty of the kind of films I get is that I get my films to talk about the issues I personally believe in instead of making a specific statement about it."

"Our argument in the film was that there are so many athletes who are born with an edge over the others. Like Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps, all of them were born with a certain biological edge over the others. Why are they not banned? If she has taken injections or something that is illegal, then of course she should be banned. But if she has not, then why should she be banned?" Taapsee asked.

Imane defeated China's Yang Liu to secure a gold medal in the Paris Olympics 2024. She had earlier been disqualified from competing in the world championships after allegedly failing testosterone tests. The said disqualification was based on an eligibility test whose details were not revealed. Khelif later said it was a 'big conspiracy' against her.

Khelif has since filed a legal complaint regarding online harassment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maroonporsche thumbnail

She doesn’t know anything about it sports

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

She doesn’t know anything about it sports

And you do? What a tone-deaf thing to say especially when Taapsee is acting in solidarity with a woman who was wrongfully persecuted. I suppose you've sided with the likes of Elon Musk and JK Rowling who both have charges levied against them now and rightfully so.

Maroonporsche thumbnail

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

And you do? What a tone-deaf thing to say especially when Taapsee is acting in solidarity with a woman who was wrongfully persecuted. I suppose you've sided with the likes of Elon Musk and JK Rowling who both have charges levied against them now and rightfully so.

When did Bolt and Phelps try to act as womansmiley36

Surly_Devil thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroonporsche

When did Bolt and Phelps try to act as womansmiley36

Omg what? More details please!