Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RaniPreityAish thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 24 days ago

Originally posted by: sharaban

Hayee meri maa kabhi toh short and to the point reply kar deya karo...Kasam se I have not read your post, even I actually wanted to, as my concentration level does not allow me to read more than two paras, that too of shorter length...

No disrespect intended as I know you are a good writer, but I genuinely have anxiety issues reading long posts and going back & forth as well with the same wave"length".

Lol, I will keep it concise. My point was that everything you accuse SRK of (dropping a heroine after film flops) is actually true of Aamir. He used Katrina from Dhoom 3 in Thugs of Hindustan but dropped her after that was one of the biggest box office disasters.

And you claim Aamir is so great for not relying on repeating heroines after hit films. The reason he doesn't repeat heroines is because he gets jealous they overshadow him. Madhuri in Dil, Urmila in Rangeela, Karishma in Raja Hindustani, etc. all overshadowed him and either won awards or stole the picture right out from under Aamir. So he never repeats them.

CuckooCutter7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

that was quite a bundle film. Itne filmi geet gaye, woh bhi sundar locations pe, train ke oopar naach gana, and at the end it is all for naught. Kya yaar, we wanted happies ending, not sads endingsmiley17smiley36

prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Even when I very small when I watched it first, and even now when I watch it, I just cannot seem to stand the level of glorifying of stalking that was done in this movie. Probably the only SRK movie which had him projected as a hero but his char was not paid for what he did as stalking.

sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RaniPreityAish

Lol, I will keep it concise. My point was that everything you accuse SRK of (dropping a heroine after film flops) is actually true of Aamir. He used Katrina from Dhoom 3 in Thugs of Hindustan but dropped her after that was one of the biggest box office disasters.

And you claim Aamir is so great for not relying on repeating heroines after hit films. The reason he doesn't repeat heroines is because he gets jealous they overshadow him. Madhuri in Dil, Urmila in Rangeela, Karishma in Raja Hindustani, etc. all overshadowed him and either won awards or stole the picture right out from under Aamir. So he never repeats them.

Nope, that's not true.

Not accusing hamming king, he is popularly known to be the most insecure and overly competitive one. Dil Se started got filming before Guddu's release and boxoffice verdict.

Srk relied mainly on Dharma and Yrf for a major part of his career ,and repeated his actresses alot , played safe the most, outta three Khans, this is no shocker or secret to anyone.

Amir would be the last person to get insecure (that's Srk for you) , else he would have never played so risky, taking flop directors and making highly risky blockbusters RDB, Dangal and Lagaan with them.

To burst the bubble of negative & false accusations on Amir being jealous of his actresses to never repeat them, Madhuri as u said got award for Dil, Amir indeed signed one more film with Madhuri "Rishta" with the same director of Dil, Indra Kumar, who was MADHURI'S DIRECTOR after Blockbusters Dil and blockbuster Beta and for both of those films Madhuri got the best actress awards as well.

(Amir was very excited for Rishta, it was suppose to get release in 1995, but due to so many technical and dates' issues especially at AB sr's end, Rishta got shelved finally).

So here you go.

"Mahurat of film Rishta"

https://ibb.co/k9Y8J6Q

---------------

Edited by sharaban - 24 days ago
sharaban thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: CuckooCutter7

that was quite a bundle film. Itne filmi geet gaye, woh bhi sundar locations pe, train ke oopar naach gana, and at the end it is all for naught. Kya yaar, we wanted happies ending, not sads endingsmiley17smiley36

The reason was not JUST THE ENDING.

The entire film, its screenplay, treatment and direction was such a legit torture to even sit through it without getting a massive headache or sleeping through due to the extreme boredom it induces over the viewer.

Don't know why people are just "crediting" to its ending and happy/sad climax.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: sharaban

Nope, that's not true.

Not accusing hamming king, he is popularly known to be the most insecure and overly competitive one. Dil Se started got filming before Guddu's release and boxoffice verdict.

Srk relied mainly on Dharma and Yrf for a major part of his career ,and repeated his actresses alot , played safe the most, outta three Khans, this is no shocker or secret to anyone.

Amir would be the last person to get insecure (that's Srk for you) , else he would have never played so risky, taking flop directors and making highly risky blockbusters RDB, Dangal and Lagaan with them.

To burst the bubble of negative & false accusations on Amir being jealous of his actresses to never repeat them, Madhuri as u said got award for Dil, Amir indeed signed one more film with Madhuri "Rishta" with the same director of Dil, Indra Kumar, who was MADHURI'S DIRECTOR after Blockbusters Dil and blockbuster Beta and for both of those films Madhuri got the best actress awards as well.

(Amir was very excited for Rishta, it was suppose to get release in 1995, but due to so many technical and dates' issues especially at AB sr's end, Rishta got shelved finally).

So here you go.

"Mahurat of film Rishta"

https://ibb.co/k9Y8J6Q

---------------

Guddu was released in 1995. Dil Se started filming in 1997. Kajol turned down Dil Se (despite desperately wanting to work with Mani Ratnam and being first choice for the movie), because she was already committed to KKHH. KJo even told Kajol that he would delay his film as Kajol could not turn down Mani Ratnam and this was her dream, but Kajol felt she had to stick to her word to do KJo's film.

https://medium.com/@kalakrutimedia/kajol-rejected-mani-ratnams-film-because-of-this-reason-b087dd3bc675

So not possible for Dil Se to have been filmed before Guddu's 1995 release when the lead actress had not even been finalized until 1997.

Actresses were repeated because SRK audiences went crazy over his pairings with certain actresses and they were proven box office pairings. And you forget that half of those actresses were not even first choice for his films. Sridevi was first choice for Darr but said no because she wanted the SRK role. Juhi was first choice for Dil To Pagal Hai's Karishma character but didn't want to play second-fiddle to Madhuri. Then Urmila got the role but swapped with Karishma in Judaai last minute. Kareena was first choice for Kal Ho Naa Ho before KJo fired her. Aish was first choice for K3G, Chalte Chalte, and Veer-Zaara. Amisha was asked to do Chalte Chalte as well but her agent refused without telling her. Kajol was first choice for Mohabbatein, Devdas, and KANK. Sushmita was first choice for Don but rejected for being "too old" by Farhan Akhtar. SRK never had any say in any of these castings except when it came to firing Aishwarya from their films together. If his heroines were being repeated, then that's because Yash Raj and Dharma had certain heroines they wanted to use.

Preity Zinta was a nobody when she appeared in Dil Se and Soldier had not even come out yet to prove if she was a successful actress or not. SRK launched Mahima, Deepika, and Anushka. Swades did not feature an A-List actress like Rani or Preity. Taapsee's first commercial film for the masses was with SRK. You seem to think SRK worked with only a handful of actresses over and over and it only appears that way because certain actresses appear over and over in his biggest hits. But this discounts all the other actresses he worked with (Mahima, Urmila, Shilpa, Pooja, Twinkle, Sonali, Gayatri, etc.)

If you call SRK insecure for working with the same group of actresses over and over, that's ignoring that Aamir did the same with Juhi because they were proven box office material until their fight. And who is more petty than Aamir who blacklisted Aishwarya because she rejected his flop film, Mangal Pandey? Aamir who refused a cameo in OSO but then begged SRK to cameo for him in Lal Singh Chaddha because he was afraid it would flop. Note that Aamir rarely does cameos, especially not for his heroines. SRK did a cameo for Sridevi in Army. Shakti: The Power was meant to be Sridevi's comeback film before she got pregnant again and Karishma replaced her. SRK still did a cameo for her. He cameoed for Rani in Saathiya (and even Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega although that was more for Salman). In Dulha Mil Giya even though he knew the film would flop, he would not back out of a promise. Heyy Babyy is another. When has Aamir cameoed for Rani even though she does side roles for him all the time and cameos like in Mann? She's never been given leading lady status in an Aamir movie (Ghulam, Mangal Pandey, Talaash) where the film revolves around him. Meanwhile, even in her star-making role in KKHH, she's given meaty enough material next to SRK and Kajol.

And lastly, I just want to say that if Aamir really wanted to work again with Madhuri after Dil, he had ample opportunities to cast her. Meanwhile SRK worked with Madhuri in Anjaam, Kolya, Dil To Pagal Hai, Devdas, and Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam.

Strangers02 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

Aamir and Madhuri acted in two films opposite each other, both released in the same year.

RaniPreityAish thumbnail

Originally posted by: Strangers02

Aamir and Madhuri acted in two films opposite each other, both released in the same year.

I know, that's why in my original post I said they hadn't worked together since 1990. She became such a big star that she had top billing over male actors like Salman in HAHK.

Sparkling_Wine thumbnail
Anniversary 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Fabulous movie.... absolutely incredible. I love everything about Dil Se....the songs, music, dialogues, cinematography, acting, and the ending.... everything is perfect. I personally think that Mani Ratnam peaked after Dil Se and all his later movies were good but nothing comes close to Roja, Bombay, and Dil Se.

Do you guys know that Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (who has never said anything bad about anyone according to Richa Chadha) said that director Mani Ratnam’s Dil Se’s first choice was her (just like she was the first choice of all movies in the world).

In one of her interviews, Ash revealed why she lost Dil Se to Manisha Koirala. She said, “He definitely wanted a small-eyed girl in Dil Se. She had to have that kind of physical features as she was supposed to be from Assam.”

Isn't Aishwarya Rai Bachchan the sweetest, most classy woman ever? In addition to always talking about how she is the first choice for every movie in the world, she has always maintained a dignified silence and never talked bad about any other actor or actress.

Nevertheless, the intensity with which Shah Rukh and Manisha played their roles is beautiful.

Edited by Sparkling_Wine - 24 days ago
Clochette thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

As Sharaban (Tanya, former kingkhan) has blocked me, I refrain from quoting her, but it is obviously that she doesn't care at all to consider her negative bias towards SRK...so definitely no (absolutely no) argument would reach her to consider that the problem is with Aamir's own insecurity (so-called 'perfectionists' are insecure by default, btw).

That said, the so-called "stalking" in Dil Se was important to show the impossibility to break a conditioning done to fragile minds (incredibly hurt in their prime youth) through indoctrination - even with sincere love...hence also the sad ending (a happy ending would have been contra-productive to the message of the movie). There is no doubt that Manisha was perfect in her role of someone being torn between giving in to love and following a hate-revenge.

Edited by Clochette - 24 days ago