Draupadi's Cry in Kaliyug: Echoes of Injustice

Quantum-Dot thumbnail

Yajnaseni's Yodhhas

Posted: 1 months ago

As we all know, in the Mahabharat, Draupadi’s humiliation in the Kaurava court stands as one of the most tragic moments in our epic history. Her cries for justice and the silence of those around her left a lasting impact, reminding us of the importance of protecting the dignity of women. Back then, Lord Krishna intervened to save her from the cruelty of Duryodhan, Dussasan, and Shakuni.

But what about today? In this Kaliyug, who will come to save our daughters, our sisters, from the monsters among us?

From the horrifying Delhi Nirbhaya case (a decade earlier) to the recent Kolkata Abhaya RGKAR rape and murder case, our society continues to witness acts of unspeakable violence against women. These incidents are not just isolated events; they are reflections of a deeper problem that persists in our world.

While it is true that not all men are responsible for such atrocities, it is also true that these crimes are overwhelmingly committed by men. This pattern is undeniable, and it calls for introspection and action.

In the past, wars were fought to avenge the dishonor of women. When Sita was kidnapped, it led to the great battle of Ramayana. When Draupadi was humiliated, it sparked the Mahabharat war. But today, when women are assaulted, we often see only candlelight vigils and silent protests.

Who taught our women to hold candles instead of weapons? Who told them to suffer in silence rather than fight back?

In this Kaliyug, Shri Krishna may not come to save our Draupadis. Instead, it is up to women themselves to channel the fierce energy of Maa Kali and Maa Durga. It is time for women to reclaim their strength and courage, to rise up against those who seek to harm them.

The time has come to stop waiting for a savior. The time has come for every woman to become her own savior. To every Duryodhan and Dussasan of this era, let it be known that women are not weak. They are the embodiment of Shakti, and they will no longer tolerate injustice.

Let us teach our daughters to be warriors, not victims. Let us empower our women to protect themselves and stand strong against the darkness in our society.

This battle is far from over, but with courage and unity, we can hope to create a world where every woman is safe, respected, and free.

Edited by Quantum-Dot - 1 months ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It has became a pattern now

Everytime I open twitter there's at least one news on women assault

And it's not only uneducated or financially backward men who're doing this, the higher class, upper middle class, middle class and lower class all are facing exact same problem

I just don't get it, why is it so hard to control the lust, how can they just cross every limit to get a moment of pleasure, how can their ego become so big that they would not just hurt but kill the soul of a fellow human being co existing with them.

How does molesters mind works, how can gaining pleasure takes up the sane mind of not hurting a human being. Why is there no treatment or diagnosis for psychopaths like these.

And the people who have audacity to blame women for these are just as worst as the criminals, like how could they stoop so low, victim blaming is just as offensive as the crime, these are the people who normalise the criminal mindset

"Raat ko kaam karne kisne bola/Raat ko bahar nikalne kisne bola"

Rat ka patent jaise aadmiyo ne hi leke rakha hai, auratein nikal gayi to is aadmiyon ko to crime karna hi padega na, ismei unki kya galti

"Why was she wearing short dress"

Yeah men can walk in their vest and short pants but God forbid women desires to wear their fav clothes.

"All men are not the same"

Yes everyone knows that, my family's men are also not like this but my family members have put restrictions on me because beta aadmiyon ka kya bharosa 🤷

Instead of defending the honour of men to women who are crying for justice, people really should start blaming the animals and let women who are getting more and more frustrated with these affairs vent out. My family has males and I have male friends as well, I know they respect women, they're very chivalrous and very cultured and that's why I know generalizing them is not fair, but as the original post said it has become a pattern and majorly men are criminals in these situations.

A solution is really needed because bhagwan jab aayenge tab aayenge par tab tak we're on our own to defend our honour and to protect ourselves.

Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Yes women need to learn to defend themselves but more than women learning to defend themselves, it's men who need to learn to stop treating every woman as a s**ual object. I don't have any expectations from schools but the families should teach their sons to respect women and never to hurt them. The sons should be taught to be always good human beings who should never hurt any other human being whether it's a man or a woman. Most importantly, they need to teach their children to obey the law because our Governments are useless and power hungry. Criminals will keep on committing crimes and Governments will keep on ignoring everything as long as they get votes and power. I don't think any government will ever create strict laws to punish the rapists and murderers. They're another hopeless bunch of idiots. It's only the families that need to teach their children to be lawful citizens and good humans. The upbringing should be so much better that people's conscience should prick them if they even think of harming someone.

chatterbox thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Hmm kya kahoon sab kuch kah Diya upar tum teenon ne.

Women ko self defence karne ko kaha jaata hai but if opponent is many in number then it creates problem.

The whole situation arises out of sick mentality. It's not only the young ladies who r attacked. The sickos target new borns to 80-90 yrs old.

Bolo what sick mentality they have.

Plus laws of land don't seem to work or deter these psychos.

I feel to certain level the media or cinemas movies portrayal of women now a days has increased the sick mindset.

Cinema shd be medium to reach the rights

Like how we have patriotic movies we feel about desh. Cinema should teach how to respect woman.

Too much to say but crux is till minds r corrupt yeh sab hoga and apne AAP ko safe rakhna khud hi karna padega.

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: chatterbox

Hmm kya kahoon sab kuch kah Diya upar tum teenon ne.

Women ko self defence karne ko kaha jaata hai but if opponent is many in number then it creates problem.

The whole situation arises out of sick mentality. It's not only the young ladies who r attacked. The sickos target new borns to 80-90 yrs old.

Bolo what sick mentality they have.

Plus laws of land don't seem to work or deter these psychos.

I feel to certain level the media or cinemas movies portrayal of women now a days has increased the sick mindset.

Cinema shd be medium to reach the rights

Like how we have patriotic movies we feel about desh. Cinema should teach how to respect woman.

Too much to say but crux is till minds r corrupt yeh sab hoga and apne AAP ko safe rakhna khud hi karna padega.

Bold - completely agree 💯 💯 💯 💯 the cinema is celebrated widely in our country which leads to consequences like this as well

GoodDoc_2105 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Whether Delhi Nirbhaya incident or this latest Kolkata incident happened because of some psychopathic people present in the society and they do not have state sanction. Those monsters, if not all of them at least some of them will be caught and justice will be served.

But having tough punishments and speedy trials after Nirbhaya incident did not bring down crime rate. The key is to prevention and that happens only if sons are taught that women are human beings too and they should be respected and treated as fellow human beings and they are not objects that can be controlled.

What about the incidents when women where stripped naked and paraded in public and police and community watched them happen and government did nothing?

The events that happened in one part of the country were very similar to what happened to Draupadi all those thousands of years ago. All the people who did not open their mouth or closed their eyes at that time of her vastraharan perished in the battle of Kurukshetra.People should remember this too.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Yes women need to learn to defend themselves but more than women learning to defend themselves, it's men who need to learn to stop treating every woman as a s**ual object. I don't have any expectations from schools but the families should teach their sons to respect women and never to hurt them. The sons should be taught to be always good human beings who should never hurt any other human being whether it's a man or a woman. Most importantly, they need to teach their children to obey the law because our Governments are useless and power hungry. Criminals will keep on committing crimes and Governments will keep on ignoring everything as long as they get votes and power. I don't think any government will ever create strict laws to punish the rapists and murderers. They're another hopeless bunch of idiots. It's only the families that need to teach their children to be lawful citizens and good humans. The upbringing should be so much better that people's conscience should prick them if they even think of harming someone.

It is a two way street, dear.

I have seen few men in my known circle suffer due to their wives. Such women are not at all happy in what they have and give unwanted pressure to their husbands to buy more things, change job or go abroad leaving aged parents in India, etc. If things don’t go their way, these women slap a dowry case on men or give divorce case citing various reasons. Whereas men hadn’t do anything bad to things to them at all.

But, I agree with what you said. Few men are really vile and uncouth.. the pain they inflicted on a woman is the worst smiley35

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 1 months ago
Life_Is_Dutiful thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

It is a two way street, dear.

I have seen few men in my known circle suffer due to their wives. Such women are not at all happy in what they have and give unwanted pressure to their husbands to buy more things, change job or go abroad leaving aged parents in India, etc. If things don’t go their way, these women slap a dowry case on men or give divorce case citing various reasons. Whereas men hadn’t do anything bad to things to them at all.

But, I agree with what you said. Few men are really vile and uncouth.. the pain they inflicted on a woman is the worst smiley35

Those are totally different cases which have nothing to do with this discussion. We can discuss about these in some other thread.

Just few minutes back I saw a reel where a man is touching another lady inappropriately in a market but gets angry when his own sister was touched inappropriately by some other guy. The message was clear. These kind of men respect their own mothers, sisters, etc. but don't respect other women. That's another sick mentality of these kind of men.

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Life_Is_Dutiful

Those are totally different cases which have nothing to do with this discussion. We can discuss about these in some other thread.

Just few minutes back I saw a reel where a man is touching another lady inappropriately in a market but gets angry when his own sister was touched inappropriately by some other guy. The message was clear. These kind of men respect their own mothers, sisters, etc. but don't respect other women. That's another sick mentality of these kind of men.

My point is even a woman should be taught to live within the means. Comparing with others doesn’t help at all.
All girls should be allowed to become extremely educated and then search for a groom who is equal or better than you..

Pixie-Dust thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
If anyone had been genuinely concerned with women safety and well-being then they would have done their research on the place where this heinous crime has been committed. The place is already known for the atrocities against women and humanity in general. As a girl , I am so fed up with these old ghise pite dialogue of women respect and bla bla. Someone who really cares will bravely speak facts rather than chanting irrelevant slogans.