Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

InsaneDivine thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 months ago

I kind of agree with the suggestions given here w.r.t reforms that are needed. Important perspective..

https://x.com/Iyervval/status/1826554209585541596

https://x.com/Iyervval/status/1826554214056710478

Edited by InsaneDivine - 1 months ago
DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: InsaneDivine

I kind of agree with the suggestions given here w.r.t reforms that are needed. Important perspective..

Ya societal mindset needs a complete change. Especially, when people in power(police, ministers etc) shame the victim or take this heinous crime lightly, its not good. Victim shaming happened even during brutal R g kar case.

In most rape cases, culprits don't even get jailed. They roam freely. That is another reason why nobody fears the law. Police themselves take this heinous crime lightly.

Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: InsaneDivine

Finally

Finally

Someone talked sense

Jab tak Police culprits catch nahi karegi, uske against evidence nahi search karegi uske baad Court won't fastly give the decision tab tak death penalty ka kya karenge.

I am saying this since forever.

Our laws are not bad

Problem is our Police and Judiciary not doing their work properly.

Ajmer ka joh case tha that too it was about Posco victim

Life Imprisonment is given to culprits that too after 30 yrs.

Nirbhaya case ka decision came after 7 that, in that too the Judge was telling the victim's mothr to forgive the culprits.

Police won't do their work nor Judiciary is interested. Judiciary ko aur saari faltu cheezo mein apni taang adani hain for no reason but won't do their job on time

Palak2812 thumbnail

Teaching women self defense is such a nonsense thinking.

Not saying women shouldn't know it, definitely they should jesa mahool hain.

But

A 3 yr old or infants can't do it nor a old women.

Also

If a woman is outnumbered it is again not that great solution.

Our society won't ever talk about teaching men how to behave even just as a normal human being, accha insaan hona toh dur ki baat hain.

We will just find ways to shame the victim or blame women that what they were wearing, what they were doing, where they were, at what time, why didn't knew self defense, why was drinking and blah blah nonsense

Recently a man went into Girl's hostel and stabbed to women to death. But comments were all about how other women didn't came out to help that women but not shaming the men who couldn't take rejection and killed the women

Pixie-Dust thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 29 days ago

Originally posted by: Palak2812

Our society won't ever talk about teaching men how to behave even just as a normal human being, accha insaan hona toh dur ki baat hain.

Recently a man went into Girl's hostel and stabbed to women to death. But comments were all about how other women didn't came out to help that women but not shaming the men who couldn't take rejection and killed the women

Green : It's not just men , but everyone needs to be taught humanity because it's high time.

Purple: The criminal was already supposed to be given punishment , and was bashed left and right by the peope. Although I do feel that indian law doesn’t gives such nasty people the harsh punishment they deserve.

Adding on , the other women's response to the wounded girl was indeed problematic and it's good that people have the comman sense to point out such insensitive behaviour. Considering basic humanity someone ought to have been by her side to tend her , hold her hands , put bandage or cloth to stop the bleeding. She wasn't supposed to be left alone sitting on the floor while those dumb girls stood as spectators. There is something known as community. The stance of those bystander girls isn't how people should react to a wounded person. As for the criminal man he is already a gone case and getting punishment but why not call out the girls who too were so insensitive. Deeming that every insensitive behaviour is fine till it doesn’t involve direct physical harm , is such a low standard to set.

Edited by Pixie-Dust - 29 days ago
Palak2812 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pixie-Dust

Green : It's not just men , but everyone needs to be taught humanity because it's high time.

Purple: The criminal was already supposed to be given punishment , and was bashed left and right by the peope. Although I do feel that indian law doesn’t gives such nasty people the harsh punishment they deserve.

Adding on , the other women's response to the wounded girl was indeed problematic and it's good that people have the comman sense to point out such insensitive behaviour. Considering basic humanity someone ought to have been by her side to tend her , hold her hands , put bandage or cloth to stop the bleeding. She wasn't supposed to be left alone sitting on the floor while those dumb girls stood as spectators. There is something known as community. The stance of those bystander girls isn't how people should react to a wounded person. As for the criminal man he is already a gone case and getting punishment but why not call out the girls who too were so insensitive. Deeming that every insensitive behaviour is fine till it doesn’t involve direct physical harm , is such a low standard to set.

I agree everyone should know humanity.

But this is not even about humanity it is about being a decent person.

All women are not correct but they are from childhood by family or surroundings are taught to be nice, respectable, good humans but can't be said the same about men.

Again saying Indian law is not bad

It gives harsh punishments but problem is conviction rates is low. Decision on cases don't come quickly, Judiciary is slow, Police don't do their work properly.

In that case the stabbing video was recorded by CCTV, no one knows if there were women around or not as there was no one who was watching that stabbing.

Still all the blame came on non existent women for not saving that women.

There have been cases where men have stabbed women in daylight on road and many random men passed from there watching that tamasha.

This is not about men and women.

It is so easy to blame women even when no one knows if other women even if there were on the scene.

Pixie-Dust thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Palak2812

In that case the stabbing video was recorded by CCTV, no one knows if there were women around or not as there was no one who was watching that stabbing.

Still all the blame came on non existent women for not saving that

Actually the video which I watched on news did showed the footage of those bystander girls and their careless response. One of them might have called ambulance but what irked me was the fact that no one went near the victim. They should have immediately ran to her aid. I already wrote in my previous post how they could have helped immediately by the time ambulance came.

Having lived in a hostel , if someone got sick then even hostel mates who were strangers used to help with medicines.

Edited by Pixie-Dust - 29 days ago
A4Anjie thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 24 days ago

Any IT expert - AI genius here ??

Doctors - AI experts team up and ..Invent some sort of self defense tech - automatically activates based on heart beat or BP/stress levels - injects viral / protective / sedative chemical in to the person around in 12 inches - from multiple sides.